• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Because Metroid is science fictiony! Mario has magic! Ergo, Mario has resizing magic!

METROID HAS NO RESIZING MAGIC

NO RESIZING
Mario has no resizing. All of what you see in those games are what Mario sees while on drugs. Just think about it: he is a fat italian plumber than jumps very high, turtles, walking mushroom and other things are trying to kill him, he becomes bigger when he eats mushroom, there is fire underwater, etc. But Metroid still has no resizing. Absolutely. What? Morphball? Nah, she is just sitting inside it in without being resized...actually, that is possible - there was a guy who could fit inside a small box. And he wasn`t a small person.

I heard someone said in this thread that Black Shadow must get Falcondork`s moveset...that is BS. It is a very bad idea. Falcondorf`s moveset with few changes would be better.

Gematsu leak is dead because it is either seriously outdated and is not worth reading because there could be a lot of changes made like removing certain characters or adding something new or it has false information. That is enough. Even 1 single error is enough to consider it to be fake.

@Con0rrrr, i made few examples of the banner. Since i didn`t understood what exactly you want, i made few versions of the banner without background or any letters. I will show them in the next post.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
I'm not so concerned about Ridley's size in general, but rather his size compared to Samus. Despite canonical inaccuracy, at least Mario and Bowser look acceptable standing next to each other. Samus standing at about the same height as Ridley would look ridiculous.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I have honestly have no idea what you're currently referencing
His final is Ganon.
Ganondorf's model was decent. It just wasn't a fit for a Captain Falcon clone.

His run cycle is absolutely hilarious.
Referring to the final smash. Should of been clarifying, sorry.

It's not like Final Smashes can't have good models. It's extremely likely that this leak is wrong.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm not so concerned about Ridley's size in general, but rather his size compared to Samus. Despite canonical inaccuracy, at least Mario and Bowser look acceptable standing next to each other. Samus standing at about the same height as Ridley would look ridiculous.
Don't drink the water.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley would obviously still be well taller than Samus, he doesn't need to be that small to be playable. Someone find Angelglory's mock-up.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hey I usually do a Lot of Human Roidley but here's a change up
And you thought I only made Roidley.PNG

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Pikachu, Lucario, Greninja, Ganondorf, Samus, etc. has innacurate size compared to other characters from their franchises and other franchises.
I say this because I am a Metroid Fan. The Prime series had a great thing going with all the other bounty hunters, that should be expanded on.
If that means that those hunters should be playable, then...why? They appeared only once, were not very important to the plot and some of them either have not much moveset potential or they are too big (Rundas, Ghor). If that means that they should appear more often in Metroid games, then...maybe...but Ridley must appear more anyway.

@Con0rrrr, here they are:
If that is not exactly what you wanted, then explain what exactly did you wanted.

Also, Ridley`s trophy has different texture and it is more...um...blue-ish...

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
His final is Ganon.

Referring to the final smash. Should of been clarifying, sorry.

It's not like Final Smashes can't have good models. It's extremely likely that this leak is wrong.
I'm talking about the original gematsu leak not being dead

the new one with all that crap sounds bs. boss mode? no way.

we were arguing about different things lol

Yea, I was just adding on. Kinda makes me hate and love Sakurai for keeping secrets. We want to know but then again we want the hype and surprise.
Honestly I hated the gematsu leak for ruining surprises more than the character content or anything else. I thought I knew 90% of the roster and there was no more excitement waiting for reveals.

Now the future is bright again. Even if Shulk/Chorus Men are in, at least it'll be a surprise now.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
AND HERE COME ONE OF THOSE GUYS!!!

Well i wouldn't say Ghirahim is a shoe in but he have more chance than Fi and Impa (Impa have more chance as DLC, cause Sakurai had no info on the Hyrule Warrior characters, until they were shown, so... if he had planned Impa to be in Smash, she would be the SS Impa, and she wasn't really popular until she was shown as a playable character for HW, but if you go to DLC... well Sakurai have time to plan and create Impa as a cool new and unique character), also... Vaati... well... i have not much to say about Vaati, the same with Pig Ganon (i don't think we will get Pganon but meeehhh), and a reworked Ganondorf...... YES PLEASE (i would be ok if they give us a reworked ganon and also add Black shadow with Ganondorf's brawl moves)
I'm One of those guys am I?

Says the person who got upset when someone didn't mention Ghirahim when guessing what characters could be represented by the trophies in the direct. I'm just annoyed about all the talk about Ghirahim on a Ridley thread.

Only characters I see potentially being added is Ganondorf in some form or Impa, the only other character I thought was possible was Midna, but she only has one game as well, which I would have been ok with if they added, but wasn't expecting her to be, and of course she's a assist trophy.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Back in the day, we would say Sakurai's teasing meant good news for Ridley.... but after Chrom? Now I know that Sakurai doesn't mind teasing unplayable characters, as long as they are included in the game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Difference: They don't look stupid standing next to each other if you know anything about the lore.
Giant Pikachu standing next to a not big enough Charizard. Jigglypuff beats up Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Ridley, Meta Ridley, Tabuu, Bowser. Ganondorf teams up with Link to beat Zelda. Sounds not stupid to me. Why would that matter anyway? This game cares about canon and canonical size a lot by the way...
Back in the day, we would say Sakurai's teasing meant good news for Ridley.... but after Chrom? Now I know that S$akurai doesn't mind teasing unplayable characters, as long as they are included in the game.
Why would he tease something that was in the exactly same way in every other game, but 90% more annoying?

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
indeed. this arguement apparently HAS to work for ridley when detractors come around.
Yeah, that's completely true, that logic can't be used against Pikachu, Pichu and Purin (that should be able to stand in the shoulder of the Pokemon Trainer), Olimar (that's smaller than a Gamecube's cd), Bowser (that have different sizes in almost all the games), Greninja (that should be half the size of Samus), and so on :dr^_^:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm going to camp today, may Ridley watch over me and be announced in a few weeks! Yha

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Difference: They don't look stupid standing next to each other if you know anything about the lore.
It only looks stupid because you see it that way. I don't. It looks perfectly fine and great to scale in a game like Smash, where canon doesn't matter at all.

What bothers me most is that Dark Lord Ganondorf literally gets his ass handed by animal critters and so forth.. Now that is an issue!

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Back in the day, we would say Sakurai's teasing meant good news for Ridley.... but after Chrom? Now I know that Sakurai doesn't mind teasing unplayable characters, as long as they are included in the game.
But Chrom wasn't teased, he was flat out revealed to be part of Robin's final smash

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Chrom was teased Oo ? When ?
He was disconfirmed in less than 3 minutes, Ridley is still alive 11 months after the Pyrosphere reveal.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
He never teased Chrom before this trailer, though...
He did tease a Fire Emblem character though. Arena Ferox, the Trophy Quiz...
My money was on Chrom or Robin.

And it wasn't so much a tease of a disconfirmed character as it was total clarification on Chrom's role at best, rubbing salt in wounds at worst.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Uh, Sakurai never teased Chrom though.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I'm One of those guys am I?

Says the person who got upset when someone didn't mention Ghirahim when guessing what characters could be represented by the trophies in the direct. I'm just annoyed about all the talk about Ghirahim on a Ridley thread.
I was never angry, is true that i pointed that out (i always point out Ghirahim whenever someone talks about that), i most of the time say it kidding, you know why? cause that's my opinion, for me he's a good option, for some he isn't, also i made 2 comments about Ghirahim (3 with these) and then went back to Ridley so... yeah calm down

Note: when i said one of those guys i was talking about myself cause you said:

"It's annoying for me to read people saying Ghirahim is a shoe in over options such as a new/reworked Ganon, Pig Ganon, Impa, Fi or Vaati."

and i'm one of those guys that Ghirahim is a better option than some of those character you mentioned....

But again, it was most likely my bad, i should have found a better way to express myself :drsad:

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
When was Chrom teased?
Edit: Wow! How many times was I ninja'd just there?

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
How exactly did he tease Chrom?
edit: :4greninja:'d

on a side note: What does this "Don't drink the water - joke" mean?

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
But Sal said as a fact Chrom would be playable. He is not. So Sal had to have lied, or we'll have to come up with yet ANOTHER scenario for him to still be right. Which we then would mine as well bring back Mr.Predictions. Perhaps Waluigi was planned, but then became an assist yet again. And Shulk's dates were later. He didn't get dates right either.
I don't think Sal lied but just gave the information he was given.

Does anyone remember any of the Unreal Engine 4 hysteria before Wii U launched? I was the one who started the rumor that UE4 was going to be usable in some form with the Wii U. My developer buddy who went to GDC in 2012 got into a meeting and told me. Now I spread that information like wild fire because I whole heartedly believed it. Then we get reports from Epic saying UE3 is a better fit for Wii U, but never outright declining UE4. So of course people were hammering me left and right, I just revealed what I heard from a very reliable source. When it was all said and done Epic said they aren't porting UE4 assets to Wii U but if another developer wanted to they could. Of course with the awful Wii U sales no 3rd party developer will give it a chance especially not with UE4.

So my leak wasn't so cut and dry but it was ultimately true even if nothing ever really came from it. This is how I picture Gematsu, because I mean even from the get go it was kind of clear this person doesn't have his facts completely straight be he obviously knows something and thats how facts get all messed up when getting 2nd or 3rd hand information.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
on a side note: What does this "Don't drink the water - joke" mean?
You drink the "Splounge water" and then you lose your common sense and basicly turn into a "toobigot". That is why we don`t drink it.

Anywhooze, Chrom and exactly Chrom never was teased. Just a FE character. Then he got Falcon PWNed and Falcon Punched out of existance and back into it as nothing more than a part of Final Smash and a trophy of course.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
It only looks stupid because you see it that way. I don't. It looks perfectly fine and great to scale in a game like Smash, where canon doesn't matter at all.

What bothers me most is that Dark Lord Ganondorf literally gets his *** handed by animal critters and so forth.. Now that is an issue!
Isn't that the beauty of Smash, though? To see your favorite characters beat everyone to a pulp. In this game, everyone is a badass.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't think Sal lied but just gave the information he was given.

Does anyone remember any of the Unreal Engine 4 hysteria before Wii U launched? I was the one who started the rumor that UE4 was going to be usable in some form with the Wii U. My developer buddy who went to GDC in 2012 got into a meeting and told me. Now I spread that information like wild fire because I whole heartedly believed it. Then we get reports from Epic saying UE3 is a better fit for Wii U, but never outright declining UE4. So of course people were hammering me left and right, I just revealed what I heard from a very reliable source. When it was all said and done Epic said they aren't porting UE4 assets to Wii U but if another developer wanted to they could. Of course with the awful Wii U sales no 3rd party developer will give it a chance especially not with UE4.

So my leak wasn't so cut and dry but it was ultimately true even if nothing ever really came from it. This is how I picture Gematsu, because I mean even from the get go it was kind of clear this person doesn't have his facts completely straight be he obviously knows something and thats how facts get all messed up when getting 2nd or 3rd hand information.
Someone lied and Sal has lost his credibility.

Xhampi

Smash Lord

And it wasn't so much a tease of a disconfirmed character as it was total clarification on Chrom's role at best, rubbing salt in wounds at worst.
Giving hints for an unspecified FE character is different than saying that Samus trauma (a description who only fit Ridley) may appear at any second tough.

And at least Chrom fans have an answer, it's better than leaving them with a hint of an unplayable role and no answer for nearly a year.

Xigger

Smash Lord
He wasn't teased before this trailer, no, but he was lying face-down in the dirt the entire trailer while everyone around him fought and got confirmed, and even had a witty comment about not being a playable character. Is that not teasing?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Robin's theme was playing during the trophy quiz, LOL.

Top Bottom