• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm curious as to how Sakurai decided Ridley would be the character to get the most subtle hype. Sure Palutena got some too, but nobody compares overall to what Ridley's received. If Sakurai headed a Metroid game previously then it'd make a little more sense, but as things stand it's rather odd. Yeah Ridley's popular, but he ain't the most popular character out there.
I'Unno, I was under the impression he was THE requested character.

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
I'm curious as to how Sakurai decided Ridley would be the character to get the most subtle hype. Sure Palutena got some too, but nobody compares overall to what Ridley's received. If Sakurai headed a Metroid game previously then it'd make a little more sense, but as things stand it's rather odd. Yeah Ridley's popular, but he ain't the most popular character out there.
The prophecy spoke of something big through a purple haze. Sakurai knew it could only mean one thing.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Oh, almost forgot, here's my long labored painting of Ridley.

I would've used the printer scanner, except, of course, it wouldn't fit in the machine. :p

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley isn't the most highly request character, he is the BIGGEST requested character.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I did Griffonley again, only made him a bit smaller.

Not much difference, just an Xacto-tailblade.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Wasn't there a "leak" stating that Dixie, Ridley, and Isaac would be the final three newcomers, with Mewtwo returning?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Mario is a plumber. Plumbers fix leaks. Ridley is one of the players in Mario's illegal high stakes poker matches. Sakurai has a bad gambling problem

Kongly konfirmed

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Haven't really caught up with anything since E3 (holy **** guys, 300 pages since then? really??) and I was honestly surprised to see nothing announced related to the big guy. I don't really know what the trending arguments against Ridley are these days, hopefully not as stupid as they used to be, but I still personally have hope in his chances. That is not to say that I haven't prepared myself for a possible disappointment.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Seek and find sought and found.

I don't buy it. Too Brawl-esque. and the font/background for the the "looms big" shot are all wrong. (Besides, I like my tagline better.)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I agree, it looks fake. I don't buy it. Like the tongue in the last shot, though.

I prefer
Ridley:
Your parents are DEAD

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I don't buy it. Too Brawl-esque. and the font/background for the the "looms big" shot are all wrong. (Besides, I like my tagline better.)
Fake. We know Ridley has spiky elbows.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Looms Big? what does that even mean?

Anywho the Ridley in that image doesn't really match the shadow imo

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
Looms big?! I'm seriously dying right now. I'm assuming the "leaker" has no idea what the word loom means. Just... :facepalm:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
xD Oh my....so...you will never see these comics the same way you did before thanks to my silly Roidey and Ridley?....
Nah, I actually keep trying to inject the humor in 8-Bit Theater into your interactions.

As they stand, they're abusive, but not hilariously abusive.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Didn't see much discussion when I posted this before. But this leak "Foul Mouthed Leaker" is interesting because it came before the new leak that includes Dixie, and the guy may not actually be lying.

The reason being that he legitimately did not know how to use 4chan, and he left his email on the account and everything. He also couldn't figure out the whe thread system.

Explicit Language warning:

Looks real. These leaks usually come from a secondary source to avoid losing their job. Gamatsu and ChaosZero were the same way. Also, this guy is probably not a troll because he didn't know anything about 4Chan. He couldn't figure out tripcodes and people started trolling him in the thread.

I'm not sure about the e-mail because no one uses it. I assume if you click his name it will give a mailto: box?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Nah, I actually keep trying to inject the humor in 8-Bit Theater into your interactions.

As they stand, they're abusive, but not hilariously abusive.
xD Ok! Too bad my abusive humor with these two has not came back yet....maybe when I get my vacations it will return....or until I finish the Assassin Ray and Ridley "comic"....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

It looks too ugly for an official Sm4sh model. And MY tagline is better:
"TAKE THAT, FU*covered by Ridley`s hand*ERS!

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Looks real. These leaks usually come from a secondary source to avoid losing their job. Gamatsu and ChaosZero were the same way. Also, this guy is probably not a troll because he didn't know anything about 4Chan. He couldn't figure out tripcodes and people started trolling him in the thread.

I'm not sure about the e-mail because no one uses it. I assume if you click his name it will give a mailto: box?
Apparently the email was jiji@gmail.com ... I don't know how much luck you'll have emailing him though. Either he would ignore you at risk of being found out, or he used a random email to avoid someone tracking him.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

He could be a very dumb troll tho :/

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
He could be a very dumb troll tho :/
Ehh I don't think he's a troll. The way he goes into detail makes it seem like he is definently trying to he credible, whether he is or not.

He gave good explanation for why he went to 4chan as well instead of any other site. And he said he wasn't lying. And who would lie on the internet?

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Hahaha, that leaker seems like he stepped straight out of the hood. Maybe its a clever ploy to not be found out despite that email showing up.

I'd love it to be true but its hard to buy anything that isn't Sal.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

RIDLEY ENGAGES THE ENEMY.

Anyone who gets that reference deserves a cookie and 10 internets.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Well, "Engage the Enemy" is the name of a song from Xenoblade Chronicles.
No, it's a Metroid reference. In the original Metroid, there was a cheat code that was (and I kid you not, you can try this out for yourself if you have the original in some way, shape or form)

ENGAGE RIDLEY
MOTHER ******

Samus will spawn suitless in Brinstar with no energy tanks, missiles, or upgrades.

As for the leak, he DOES go on to list Pac-Man and Palutena (though he doesn't know who she is). I think his incredulous attitude and general lack of knowledge helps his case. I still refuse to believe any of these until they're proven right. I also think the Game&Watch dudes mentioned are Chorus Kids, sadly.

Top Bottom