• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Didn't see much discussion when I posted this before. But this leak "Foul Mouthed Leaker" is interesting because it came before the new leak that includes Dixie, and the guy may not actually be lying.

The reason being that he legitimately did not know how to use 4chan, and he left his email on the account and everything. He also couldn't figure out the whe thread system.

Explicit Language warning:

You know what? I want to not believe this but... Something about this makes me not instantly try to find anything outright wrong though. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but the flying as they describe it could be cool.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Didn't see much discussion when I posted this before. But this leak "Foul Mouthed Leaker" is interesting because it came before the new leak that includes Dixie, and the guy may not actually be lying.

The reason being that he legitimately did not know how to use 4chan, and he left his email on the account and everything. He also couldn't figure out the whe thread system.

This is my new favourite

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Ha ha. That's so hilarious trolling it's actually not hilarious at all.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Tbh this is the most likely ones of the recent "leaks." Sounds like he was at some kind of testing thing, which we know they're currently doing. As a tester he wouldn't necessarily be a huge Smash Bros fan either, so his obliviousness to certain things could go in his favor. Ridley being a later addition, while just speculation on his part, would explain his absence from Gematsu as we know that's early information based on the "Pokémon from X/Y" notion. Flying gimmick, duh. Mewtwo is likely too. There are two more characters we need to know of for it to make the speculated 51 then, at least if Lucas and Snake are out, so it's not everything either.

In the end it's still just a text leak from 4Chan though, even if it has a little added flavor, so it's not very likely at all, but definitely has more reason to it than "Yo, I work for the Treehouse and I hate my job, here's Smash!"

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I kinda believe it, but a part of me doesn't want to just because of how ignorant he is about the different characters if he supposubly is working on the game.

It's a bit of a radical notion, but I'm just gonna be suckered into this here doo hickey.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I kinda believe it, but a part of me doesn't want to just because of how ignorant he is about the different characters if he supposubly is working on the game.
He says they were treated like idiots, so most likely he was brought in for testing the game if anything. He's definitely not working on it.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
He says they were treated like idiots, so most likely he was brought in for testing the game if anything. He's definitely not working on it.
Most testers aren't given much on the games they play but I know for a fact that a tester who leaks info like that will never be allowed to test games for Nintendo again. My friend's brother is a tester and he was in a Skyward Sword group. They were explicitly told not to even say that they tested the game. One person was FIRED because they said they tested Skyward, and they also fired you if you weren't trustworthy.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Most testers aren't given much on the games they play but I know for a fact that a tester who leaks info like that will never be allowed to test games for Nintendo again. My friend's brother is a tester and he was in a Skyward Sword group. They were explicitly told not to even say that they tested the game. One person was FIRED because they said they tested Skyward, and they also fired you if you weren't trustworthy.
Some people don't care about their jobs. They just throw fianances into the wind, just like Ridley does your head.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well, today's pic pretty much sent the "Ridley would be OP" 'argument' out the window, into a trash can, picked up by a garbage truck, and stepped on by Godzilla.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, today's pic pretty much sent the "Ridley would be OP" 'argument' out the window, into a trash can, picked up by a garbage truck, and stepped on by Godzilla.
Palutena can have huge reach because uhh... uhhhm... she's humanoid. Ridley can't because... Ridley. Yeah that's it. Yeah.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Why do I get the feeling that if Ridley is hidden he'll be the hardest character to unlock. Like playing a ludicrous number of matches or beating a mode at the highest difficulty.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Why do I get the feeling that if Ridley is hidden he'll be the hardest character to unlock. Like playing a ludicrous number of matches or beating a mode at the highest difficulty.
A man can dream

As for that new leak, I still don't believe it's real. Unless Sal endorses it

all hail based sal

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Something like "PLAY SM4SH FOR OVER 9000 HOURS WITHOUT BLINKING WHILE EATING TAKOS AND BREAKING YOUR TOASTER WITH YOUR HAT"? I hope it won`t be as hard as getting Mewtwo in Melee.
Palutena can have huge reach because uhh... uhhhm... she's humanoid. Ridley can't because... Ridley. Yeah that's it. Yeah.
No, because Ridley can extend his tail and he is 900 feet tall with giant wings and tail longer than Manda from Godzilla movies, so, obviously he would be able to hit ANYONE without even trying to aim. So, go and cry in the corner, Ridley fans. That PotD only proves that Ridley can`t be playa- *shot*

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ridley disconfirmed for being Totoro.

Something like "PLAY THIS GAME FOR OVER 9000 HOURS WITHOUT BLINKING AND WHILE EATING TAKOS"? I hope it won`t be as hard as getting Mewtwo in Melee.
Mewtwo wasn't really hard. Just incredibly tedious.

Falco was the hardest to unlock in Brawl because how much everyone sucks in 100 Man Brawl. At least in Melee you could cheat the system by spamming Spin Attack. :linkmelee:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ridley disconfirmed for being Totoro.

Falco was the hardest to unlock in Brawl because how much everyone sucks in 100 Man Brawl. At least in Melee you could cheat the system by spamming Spin Attack. :linkmelee:
Now I really want to see Miyazaki do a Metroid world. Can you imagine his team animating some of the gorgeous parts of Tallon IV? *shudder*

Plus I think he'd do the characters well, too. It's not like his works shy away from violence/hardships.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Oh, that is the right word i forgot...
In both Melee and Brawl, it is very easy to do with Donkey Kong and his Down Special. Player just needs to avoid bombs and dodge few attacks.

Hong

The Strongest
I just got a feeling that it's real. It's got a vibe to it.
Surely you don't mean the "Gematsu Plus" leak.

You know people are just going to wager throwing together a fake leak every week and try to seal the deal by banking on a veteran reveal for the end of the week to seal the credibility. There's literally nothing for them to lose and they just want attention.

Don't get me wrong. I am a Ridley supporter, but this has fraud written all over it.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042

You know people are just going to wager throwing together a fake leak every week and try to seal the deal by banking on a veteran reveal for the end of the week to seal the credibility. There's literally nothing for them to lose and they just want attention.

Don't get me wrong. I am a Ridley supporter, but this has fraud written all over it.
I think he means the "Play Tester" leak from 4 Chan.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

Hope, though, is what we have left at this point as supporters. However, with all these leaks mentioning Ridley it would be heartbreaking if he wasn't playable, but it would also prove the point that you shouldn't believe anything not officially stated before the game's release

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

Oh no, not that one, this'n.

Hong

The Strongest
I think he means the "Play Tester" leak from 4 Chan.
Ah, I see.
Hope, though, is what we have left at this point as supporters. However, with all these leaks mentioning Ridley it would be heartbreaking if he wasn't playable, but it would also prove the point that you shouldn't believe anything not officially stated before the game's release
That's all the reason why I want to try to protect the community from fraud. Ridley fans have been let down enough. Don't want people taking advantage of your passion.

D

Deleted member

......that "Play Tester" leak.......
Not sure if leaker is legit while ignorant or just plain stupid.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
...I really don't get how's that even sound credible.

Which really doesn't matter because I've lost most of my doubts now. He's likely to be playable based on how I see it. It's ok if your unsure but it's also ok to hope safely.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If I remember correctly when checking out "Foul Mouthed Leaker"/"Play Tester Leaker"'s post on 4chan. Once he figured out how to use the comments he kind of described how he got info.

It was something like "They got a list of tha media and some select peeps they are always invitin out to this ****. I'm not even in the industry anymore and haven't been fo years so no clue why I was invited LOL. Last event I was invited out to was 5+ years ago. No clue why I was invited this time."

That was my best Foul mouthed leaker impression haha! Unfortunately I did not take a pic, and the way i remember it may be off a little bit. But I'm almost positive it was the same general statement.

D

Deleted member

Or he's feigning ignorance so the leak doesn't look too precise (since most have really detailed descriptions that only Sakurai himself would know about).
It also seems suspicious to me that the "Genmatsu Plus" leak earlier in this thread has similar info. Not sure what to make of it.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I guess it's possible, but eh, sure ain't likely.

I do fully support a Ridley exclusive flight mechanic though, real or fake.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Kinda reminds me of the Chrom "leak" with the middle finger now that I think about it. :rolleyes:
Of course it was fake in hindsight. There were a lot of things that pointed towards it being illegitimate, like the Metroid Other M poster in the background.

I don't think the leak is real, but I'll admit that it was pretty entertaining to read through.

D

Deleted member

No the new Dixie leak is what I thought you were referring to. My apologies. I thought you were saying that Foul Mouthed Leaker came after that.
The "new" Dixie leak isn't new, though.
It was first shown on Gamefaqs on July 3rd. Which is why I was asking if the "Foul Mouth" leak was before July 3rd.

EDIT: Wait, accidentally said the wrong month. July 3rd. Hope that clears up any inconsistencies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
This feels like about the time where IsmaR would come in and bust up this entire convo

Kinda like when Ridley busted into Colony K-2L and laid waste to everyone there (yay being topical)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The "new" Dixie leak isn't new, though.
It was first shown on Gamefaqs on July 3rd. Which is why I was asking if the "Foul Mouth" leak was before July 3rd.

EDIT: Wait, accidentally said the wrong month. July 3rd. Hope that clears up any inconsistencies.
Oh. Odd. Well at least in the leaks thread Foul Mouthed Leaker showed up before the dixie one. But according to post dates, it's the opposite. They definently fit with eachother though. Foul Mouth doesn't seem to really care/remember much

Top Bottom