• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
It was trolling in the first place, to show that you can't believe any random person who claims to have a leak on the internet. This was in response to the guy who 'leaked' some stuff, and said the proof is that Wario will be revealed this week.

Going off of the pattern that Sakurai revealed Olimar a month after E3 last year, a lot of people think a vet will be revealed this week, a month after this E3. I was using that as an example that anyone can pick a few characters they like and tie it to an educated guess to try and win credibility.

Don't trust leakers kids. Except Sal

Sal is the one true god
Well the random 2 chan user with those legit 3ds pics of paletuna

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well the random 2 chan user with those legit 3ds pics of paletuna
That's still very debatable. People determined that the pics he posted was a different model than shown on the website, I thought. That still doesn't prove it's false, because the model may have been changed over time, but we still have no proof it was real. After all, Palutena was one of the most popular choices at the time, lots of people wanted to believe she was in. A fake leaker would've had an easy audience.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So if we get a veteran reveal this week, then this must mean we're only getting three more characters until the release in Japan.

(and one of them could be Ridley).
If they are to reveal Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight and a newcomer then we're going to get 4 more character reveals. Of course Meta Knight could be unlockable this time around, but it would certainly not be the first time we get two character reveals in one month (January and February off the top of my head.) We could get two reveals this month or the next, or maybe even both if they don't plan to reveal anyone in September due to the game releasing halfway through the month.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Because Sakurai is my dog. I bribed him with some bbq chicken in his pet food this morning to tell me the roster.
But we had a chess match today...you are liar!
Don't trust leakers kids. Except Sal

Sal is the one true god
Does he has Ridley on his "leak"? No? LIAR! HE IS LIAR! LIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIAR!
Anyway, f*** Sal, f*** Gematsu, who cares about leaks? The ONLY leaks that can be trusted (even if they have Ridley or Bowser in them) are those that are posted after game`s release in japan, but i don`t think they count as "leaks".

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But we had a chess match today...you are liar!

Does he has Ridley on his "leak"? No? LIAR! HE IS LIAR! LIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIAR!
Anyway, f*** Sal, f*** Gematsu, who cares about leaks? The ONLY leaks that can be trusted (even if they have Ridley or Bowser in them) are those that are posted after game`s release in japan, but i don`t think they count as "leaks".
He doesn't have Ridley on his leak, but his leak doesn't exclude Ridley either... after all, his leak didn't have Rosalina, nor does it list a max character count, or say his newcomers are the only ones. I hesitantly believe the Sal leak, for now, but I also believe in Ridley.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
""The final newcomers yet to be announced are Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Trio, and Isaac. Mewtwo is returning.""

Why not, those are not impossible choices, however if another side-kick (Dixie) get in over the main Antagonist (King K. Rool), I would really be mad, but Isaac, Ridley and Mewtwo are okay, Dixie herself too.
If Wario is revealed this leak (pray for it to happen), I would blindly accept it as true. However, I doubt we won't get a Zelda newcomer in the disc roster. I understand that Ridley must go in, as well as Shulk for being the Icon of a succesful game, Chrom being a Lord, Mewtwo the most famous legendary, and the others... But Zelda really needs a newcomer, and after the "trophy quizz" that implied newcomers from Kid Icarus (Palutena), Metroid (Ridley), Fire Emblem : Awakening (Chrom) and Zelda, yeah, those newcomers would be good, but something would be missing too.
Basically, my dream roster that seems realistic includes all veterans minus Lucas, Snake, Ivy and Squi, the 11 newcomers from Sal, Rosalina, Isaac/Matthew, Mewtwo, Ridley (of course), King K. Rool and an unknown Zelda newcomer (Toon Ganondorf at worst, Impa at best). Bandana Dee and Mach Rider would be nice too, but then I can't tell who could get in... Except Dixie.

All dat text for a rumor.

I don't believe him, I can say I know Sal and he lied to your faces. But I'd be lying, wouldn't I? And why would I be lying? Because anyone could say anything on the internet.
Assuming the pics are true... Why does it matter now ? Not like it includes more information concerning the game. If it had some important leaks with the pics... But really, once we hae the game, we can compare the pictures.

Another leak saying there are 51 characters ;

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/90681669176/rumor-mill-gamefaqs-1-leak

Does it mean all veterans (39) plus the 12 newcomers ? Or newcomers unknown ? At least it doesn't talk much about characters but really about stages of the game.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/90903742671/rumor-mill-4chan-10-rumor

This one says Lucas, Ivy, Snake and Squi cut, with K.Rool, Mach Rider, and Ridley's fate unknown, but not disconfirmed tho, however ;

">Wavedashing and L-Canceling (Includes Melee aidododge) are a toggleable options for offline matches and online matches with friends. "
lulz

Of course those rumors are as credible as the first one, but the only positive point they all have is that they all go with the Gematsu leak to add credibility (for now it seems that Sal's leaks were real).
Just imagine Chrom being an Assist Trophy and Robin, as well as Ridley, playable.
All the leaks sealed at once. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I wish. Even though it lists K. Rool as an assist, I'd like this one to be true. If we got Ridley I won't care about K. Rool's fate, xD. Although I still hope he's playable, too.

I don't believe it, though.
If Ridley is not the stage Hazard, we all know what it means ; he is an assist trophy ! After all, why only have 3 metroid AT when you can have four ? :denzel:

It's an obvious troll tho "Lulz Rythm Heaven character that I dunno but plays like IC", "Oh no stage hazard on Pyrosphere, booooring (HEY GUYS IT'S A HINT :-DDD)" "King K. Rool was fun... As an assist ! :troll:"

But I can't say this one tends to be more or less believable than the others. While in America, a leak has to show us it's real by itself, in France, a leak is true until it's proven fake. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If Ridley is not the stage Hazard, we all know what it means ; he is an assist trophy ! After all, why only have 3 metroid AT when you can have four ? :denzel:

It's an obvious troll tho "Lulz Rythm Heaven character that I dunno but plays like IC", "Oh no stage hazard on Pyrosphere, booooring (HEY GUYS IT'S A HINT :-DDD)" "King K. Rool was fun... As an assist ! :troll:"

But I can't say this one tends to be more or less believable than the others. While in America, a leak has to show us it's real by itself, in France, a leak is true until it's proven fake. :happysheep:
So off with its head?

majora_787

Smash Hero
When people say Super Metroid is "The Metroid" it makes me cringe until my face falls off and inadvertently injures a puppy.

But anyway. I really have no idea why people literally sit and go "I WON'T BELIEVE A SINGLE LEAK. THEY ARE ALL LIES." ...and then they immediately turn around by the time the game comes out and latch onto a fake leak as if it is 500% true. Hell they even get INSANELY SMUG about how true it is even when it isn't. Then the EXCUSES come out, and it's just a dumb mess.

I'm glad anyone at all can still sit and go "Who even cares about leaks before the japanese release".

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Remember "Boss characters appear on other stages".
Sakurai didn't want to reveal it so he only teased us with a shadow, but Ridley is actually one of those new stages with a boss.

Finnaly from what I heard from Sakurai when we played monopoly last week, the size of this stage put Palutena's temple to shame.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Remember "Boss characters appear on other stages".
Sakurai didn't want to reveal it so he only teased us with a shadow, but Ridley is actually one of those new stages with a boss.
So Ridley is a stage that flies on other stages ?
Now it all makes sense.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The idea about the Pyrosphere's hazard being that if the purple tubes break the lava raises on that side isn't half bad.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Compared to Stage Hazardley I'd welcome Assist Ridley with open arms, especially as it leaves it more possible for him to pull a Little Mac in the next game.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
This one is extremely safe. And terrible. And hilarious cause the blog is intentionally a joke but I'm going to "take the bait" anyway and tear it apart because I like doing this. It makes me feel like I have a purpose even though it's obviously not. It's in the spoilers in case you don't want to see me rant about a fake leak.
The 'Leak' lmao said:
I work at the NoA Treehouse and as mentioned at E3, we have access to another build for the game with unnanounced characters and stages, here is what I could find on it:
Immediately fake. If this were real, then they would have their balls cut off slowly using a razor-bladed mallet. That is a group of playtesters specifically trusted to not leak anything and saying they are a part of it puts a target on them which is made up of 100% bullseye.
The 'Leak' lmao said:
-All the current announced characters are on it
WELL ****ING DUH
The 'Leak' lmao said:
-Some of the unnanounced veterans include: Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, Ness and Mr. Game and Watch, all the others were unfinished at the time we received the demo, they don’t have much changes, but Meta Knight is balanced now
4 vets we already knew 100% were in (well, Ness had a bit of ambiguity thanks to that damn Sal Romano but I still say he's in) and a balance change everyone knew was coming. Next
The 'Leak' lmao said:
-There is also some unnanounced newcomers: Shulk, he has a sort of Spin Attack as his recovery, though it has much more range and power; Chrom, don’t worry about him, he is a lot different from Marth and Ike, I didn’t played as him though, one move that called my attention is one that looks like an attack he does in an Awakening cutscene when fighting Masked Marth(probably his recovery); the other newcomer was a character from a game called Rythm Heaven, almost no one played much with him, but he seems to be a triple Ice-Climbers.
Again, really safe. All of these characters were in the Sal Leak. All of this is speculation already done a lot so it doesn't really surprise me. This also has a lot of spelling mistakes in it by the way. unnanounced unannounced, rythm rhythm, also there should be a space after Marth. See me after class.
The 'Leak' lmao said:
-There were stages that weren’t on the E3 demo, they also said the stages were all finalized, the stages are:pyrosphere, Wii Fit Studio and Windy Hills, some of the bosses from Lost World make appearences on it, they are small hazards and don’t cause much trouble, WFS is similar to the Coliseum, except the platforms go up instead of down when disapearing, Pyrosphere was boring, there wasn’t much hazards on it, only some purple tubes below it that when destroyed, causes lava to raise in one side of the stage.
3 stages we already knew about, all doing what we knew except pyrosphere which would be taken as confirmation of Ridley from me if this wasn't obviously fake already. (Actually, I like the tube idea. Could be interesting.)
The 'Leak' lmao said:
-I guess most of the Assist Trophies were the same as the announced and the ones at E3, though it was used against me, I loved the K. Rool Assist making cannonballs fall all over the stage.
This is why I'm glad this is fake. The only really new information we get is... K. Rool as an assist trophy? GO TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL VILE THING.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
To be honest I'm still expecting something even more simple : if you damage too much a purple tube, it will break, then proceed to make it way harder to recover as if you touch a damaged tube you will get hurt by electricity.
The tubes will repair by themselves after some time.

Or they're here to look pretty.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yet another 2 good 2 B true

But if real

If the hazard is the tubes breaking and causing the lava to rise on that size of the broken tubes.

That would pretty much confirm ridley as playable.

But it accured to me.

There was a brawl leak that was real 10 days before release in japan, it showed 95% of everything that was not announced.

So we may see the rest of the stuff before september 13th.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Actually the only leak we have is the Sal Romano one (considering it is legit). Everything else are rumors, not leaks.
wasn't Sal Romano leak considered rumor before it was actually proven real?

Regardless my point remains the same

majora_787

Smash Hero
wasn't Sal Romano leak considered rumor before it was actually proven real?

Regardless my point remains the same
It was never proven real at any point. So technically it's always a rumor because every time is "before it was proven real".

And really it has nothing to do with Ridley regardless.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Didn't see much discussion when I posted this before. But this leak "Foul Mouthed Leaker" is interesting because it came before the new leak that includes Dixie, and the guy may not actually be lying.

The reason being that he legitimately did not know how to use 4chan, and he left his email on the account and everything. He also couldn't figure out the whe thread system.

Explicit Language warning:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Didn't see much discussion when I posted this before. But this leak "Foul Mouthed Leaker" is interesting because it came before the new leak that includes Dixie, and the guy may not actually be lying.

The reason being that he legitimately did not know how to use 4chan, and he left his email on the account and everything. He also couldn't figure out the whe thread system.

Hoping it's legit for you guys, escpecially if he didn't get to give us more fecal matter on the subject

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

His ignorance about the game may count points towards or against it. I don't know.

Top Bottom