• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I really ******* love that ******* "Foul Mouth" ******* leak. It ******* seems pretty ******* cool. And it ******* has ******* Ridley. Clearly, this ******* leak is the ******* ****.

That flight mechanic sounds nice though.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
So we're discussing two leaks here? Tester and dixie leak? What is this dixie leak? And what is this tester leak? They both support dixie or what?
I don't know much about the dixie leak, but check a couple pages back under a spoiler warning for the foul mouth.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Ridley's all but confirmed for me at this point, so I don't care for any leaks unless Porky, Pig Ganon, or Paper Mario is included.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Another day, another person on the internet writing off Ridley's size in SSB4 because they don't like what it shows.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I ain't buying this 'leak' rofl. If you really want to share secrets why make 10000 posts about how you're trying to prove it is really you. Plus the 'imma be gon but imma get yall sum more **** wen im back yo rofl'' is really really bad.

**** all these attentionwhores tbh.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's all but confirmed for me at this point, so I don't care for any leaks unless Porky, Pig Ganon, or Paper Mario is included
Don't mean to offend, but do you REALLY think Ridley is 100% confirmed playable at this point? Because to me, it seems he has about t a 10% chance, and that's being generous.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Don't mean to offend, but do you REALLY think Ridley is 100% confirmed playable at this point? Because to me, it seems he has about t a 10% chance, and that's being generous.
Yep.

The dancing around the issue, the questionable size, the odd behavior of the supposed boss, and the fact that not once has Sakurai said his name, much less what Ridley does all but confirms him for me.

It's pretty much Palutena over again.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yes. Given context and visual evidence it's easy to see how people could think he's sitting pretty well. But we'll really only know when the game comes out the way things are looking.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yep.

The dancing around the issue, the questionable size, the odd behavior of the supposed boss, and the fact that not once has Sakurai said his name, much less what Ridley does all but confirms him for me.

It's pretty much Palutena over again.
While I can't claim to share your absolute confidence in Ridley, I do have to agree that Ridley and Palutena are quite comparable.

There are some very obvious similarities here.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Or he's feigning ignorance so the leak doesn't look too precise (since most have really detailed descriptions that only Sakurai himself would know about).
Pretty much the case. I've seen similar behavior from a legit leaker on NeoGAF. Instead of trashy talkin' though it was rily ilegib typi sUmthg lek DIS ur somthng an' persinz ned 2 figr deh poostout...

Basically very wacky, intentionally wrought with grammar and spelling atrocity. The point is to avoid any and all use of typical posting style in order to be rendered untraceable by anybody wanting to track down the leaker and punish them.

This "Foul-Mouthed Leaker" maybe a more legible but otherwise similar situation where the leaker is trying not to be traced back.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Pretty much the case. I've seen similar behavior from a legit leaker on NeoGAF. Instead of trashy talkin' though it was rily ilegib typi sUmthg lek DIS ur somthng an' persinz ned 2 figr deh poostout...

Basically very wacky, intentionally wrought with grammar and spelling atrocity. The point is to avoid any and all use of typical posting style in order to be rendered untraceable by anybody wanting to track down the leaker and punish them.

This "Foul-Mouthed Leaker" maybe a more legible but otherwise similar situation where the leaker is trying not to be traced back.
Or the guy knows about the stuff we're talking about now (since if we can know it, anyone on the internet can) and posted that way on purpose

*shrug

kylexv

Smash Master
Didn't see much discussion when I posted this before. But this leak "Foul Mouthed Leaker" is interesting because it came before the new leak that includes Dixie, and the guy may not actually be lying.

The reason being that he legitimately did not know how to use 4chan, and he left his email on the account and everything. He also couldn't figure out the whe thread system.

Explicit Language warning:

Literally my prediction roster.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So apparently all iconic Nintendo characters are playable in the game already, meaning Ridley's not "iconic".

Oh Ridlephobes...
"I've always wanted to see Chorus Men and the Wii Fit Trainer playable ever since I was a wee tot! Now I ain't never heard of this Ridley fellow, he sounds like a stupid meme created over the fact that Metroid only has Samus to play as. Samus and Sexy Samus are all that we need fo' that franchise, so suck up and enjoy yo goddamn game!"

/parodyrant

majora_787

Smash Hero
"I've always wanted to see Chorus Men and the Wii Fit Trainer playable ever since I was a wee tot! Now I ain't never heard of this Ridley fellow, he sounds like a stupid meme created over the fact that Metroid only has Samus to play as. Samus and Sexy Samus are all that we need fo' that franchise, so suck up and enjoy yo goddamn game!"

/parodyrant
Is it still a parody if it's still in essence what some people seriously say?

EDIT: I forgot to put out, I told a toobigot about larger NES sprites and they accused Metroid of being the only NES game with hardware limitations. Yeeeeep.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0244.JPG

Well...here's the other part of the 2nd -part- of the comic I did before E3...and I haven't finished it yet....it got longer than I expected...

sketchy....

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm curious as to how Sakurai decided Ridley would be the character to get the most subtle hype. Sure Palutena got some too, but nobody compares overall to what Ridley's received. If Sakurai headed a Metroid game previously then it'd make a little more sense, but as things stand it's rather odd. Yeah Ridley's popular, but he ain't the most popular character out there.

Top Bottom