• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
No, it's a Metroid reference. In the original Metroid, there was a cheat code that was (and I kid you not, you can try this out for yourself if you have the original in some way, shape or form)

ENGAGE RIDLEY
MOTHER ****ER

Samus will spawn suitless in Brinstar with no energy tanks, missiles, or upgrades.

As for the leak, he DOES go on to list Pac-Man and Palutena (though he doesn't know who she is). I think his incredulous attitude and general lack of knowledge helps his case. I still refuse to believe any of these until they're proven right. I also think the Game&Watch dudes mentioned are Chorus Kids, sadly.
Yeah the way he presents himself with his lack of knowledge does make him seem more credible. Again though that could just be his clever ploy. What ever the case, "leaks" are always fun. And yeah the white Game&Watch guys are undoubtedly the Chorus Men.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Anyone who believes that leak is a fool, plain and simple. By way of the Infinite Monkey Theorem, one of the million bazillion kajillion people making false Smash leaks was eventually going to come up with a confused and incoherent mess of a 4chan post that could maybe, just maybe, be something. The only thing less believable than it is Gematsu, because Sakurai already disconfirmed Pacman.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
As for the leak, he DOES go on to list Pac-Man and Palutena (though he doesn't know who she is). I think his incredulous attitude and general lack of knowledge helps his case. I still refuse to believe any of these until they're proven right. I also think the Game&Watch dudes mentioned are Chorus Kids, sadly.
That was not him. That was an impersonator. Someone who can track IPS from the thread can prove who's comments are whose. As far as we know, it could just be the original post that was his. One of the dudes (whether it's an impersonator or the original) even calls out the pacman/palutena dude on impersonating

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
That was not him. That was an impersonator. Someone who can track IPS from the thread can prove who's comments are whose. As far as we know, it could just be the original post that was his. One of the dudes (whether it's an impersonator or the original) even calls out the pacman/palutena dude on impersonating
So many dudes. Well, at any rate, I still think his attitude helps his case. RIDLEY ENGAGES THE ENEMY.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Anyone who believes that leak is a fool, plain and simple. By way of the Infinite Monkey Theorem, one of the million bazillion kajillion people making false Smash leaks was eventually going to come up with a confused and incoherent mess of a 4chan post. The only thing less believable than it is Gematsu.
You're kidding right? Gematsu is beliveable because he has been right countless times. Infinite Monkey Theorem is true, but it in no way is a way to disprove leaks. It's just an excuse to say someone got lucky. Not saying that if their info turns out to be acccurate, that they're correct, but it's certainly is more foolish to deny the leak (after info is accurate) due to the Infinite Monkey Theorem.

Also Infinite Monkey Theorem is for something, well, infinite. It's still extremely unlikely for a leak to be 100% correct. But if they are, we can't just pretend that it doesn't mean something.

I don't know which leak you're referring to, but I don't think it really matters. Leakers like "Foul Mouthed Leaker" have believability on their side, in terms of the situation (email on 4cha, struggling with posting, etc.), and the new Dixie leak is just a believable roster. Not saying that I believe either. But I definently find the former very intriguing.

Basically, no one is a fool for believing these leaks. Not even close. They're believable things, which does not make anyone a fool for believing them.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You're kidding right? Gematsu is beliveable because he has been right countless times. Infinite Monkey Theorem is true, but it in no way is a way to disprove leaks. It's just an excuse to say someone got lucky. Not saying that if their info turns out to be acccurate, that they're correct, but it's certainly is more foolish to deny the leak (after info is accurate) due to the Infinite Monkey Theorem.

Also Infinite Monkey Theorem is for something, well, infinite. It's still extremely unlikely for a leak to be 100% correct. But if they are, we can't just pretend that it doesn't mean something.

I don't know which leak you're referring to, but I don't think it really matters. Leakers like "Foul Mouthed Leaker" have believability on their side, in terms of the situation (email on 4cha, struggling with posting, etc.), and the new Dixie leak is just a believable roster. Not saying that I believe either. But I definently find the former very intriguing.

Basically, no one is a fool for believing these leaks. Not even close. They're believable things, which does not make anyone a fool for believing them.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Gematsu was wrong on its first leak and only successfully predicted Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer being shown at E3. But being incorrect is being incorrect.

The second part, it has literally only been right in that Miis, Pac-Man, and Palutena were playable. It's in awkward lucky guess limbo right now.

The third part is literally liquid molten bullcrap that makes the entire leak less believable.

Gematsu is EXTREMELY far from believable. It's just widely believed. And it still has nothing to do with Ridley.

Are people fools for believing in it? No. Are they foolish for believing in leaks that damage their own credibility? Kind of. The people who are fools are the Church of Gematsu who deny any issues it has made for itself and believe it to be the full comprehensive roster.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This feels like about the time where IsmaR would come in and bust up this entire convo

Kinda like when Ridley busted into Colony K-2L and laid waste to everyone there (yay being topical)

I feel like I missed something utterly meaningless.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Really the only issue with the Gematsu leak is that the half characters it leaked at E3 2013 weren't all revealed at E3 2013. Things change, plans change, people change, big freaking whup guys.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
So looks like we got a bit of news on Dark Emperor. I'm not fully sure on how to decipher it though. So the Dark Emperor buffs characters based off their color? That seems like a really strange thing to do.

EDIT: The problem is that the leak was wrong. It doesn't matter if "plans change". The statement that it declared was fact within 24 hours was factually incorrect. You can't move goalposts just because you feel like it.

If we no longer care if information is outright wrong then we could say the Halibuton leak is still valid, because hey! Sure it got the DATE of a smash direct wrong, but there WAS a smash direct! HOLY COW what a prophet! Must be legitimate.

And hey, this leak must be real too as long as Wario is revealed at ANY point! I mean maybe the information is 500% right but they just conveniently MOVED WARIO'S REVEAL!

Moral of the story is that obnoxious kind of "But but but but but but but D:" attitude is just not a way to handle leaks which 99.99999% of the time are fake and at best just lucky.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
>people incessantly drone on about trivial holes in the Gematsu leak for 13 months, ignoring its repeated improbable successes

>same people instantly accept the ramblings of an unintelligible 4chan user and put it on a pedestal without a second thought

Huh?!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh so it wasn't brought up already?

Well, that update is indirectly supporting my toughs on ridley being playable since it mentions what the hazard do. Same as yellow devil. Both of them was seen before so it makes less sense to not have seen ridley from head to feet.

Though, that's a really small one, I felt it was worth mentioning.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't accept leaks, and it is not a trivial hole for the leak to outright provide incorrect information. Saying a leak literally saying something which is factually wrong is just a "trivial hole" is the most blind thing you could possibly say on the matter.

Anyway. I'm still kind of confused by what it's saying Dark Emperor is even doing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't accept leaks, and it is not a trivial hole for the leak to outright provide incorrect information. Saying a leak literally saying something which is factually wrong is just a "trivial hole" is the most blind thing you could possibly say on the matter.

Anyway. I'm still kind of confused by what it's saying Dark Emperor is even doing.
Me too but my post above is about mentioning any info, not the info itself.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
In Find Mii, he had random status effects on targeted players. Though I don't exactly know if the color specifics mean anything as far as player/port priority or even palette swap color, I think he just "targets" whoever is in his path, turning them into a random color (red being "generally stronger" effect, blue being lowered defense, etc.).

This to me kills the likelihood that it'll be your standard run-of-the-mill boss hazard, and lean more towards regular hazard.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
In Find Mii, he had random status effects on targeted players. Though I don't exactly know if the color specifics mean anything as far as player/port priority or even palette swap color, I think he just "targets" whoever is in his path, turning them into a random color (red being "generally stronger" effect, blue being lowered defense, etc.).

This to me kills the likelihood that it'll be your standard run-of-the-mill boss hazard, and lean more towards regular hazard.
Yeah I think he won't be a boss, more like the monster in New Pork City.
>people incessantly drone on about trivial holes in the Gematsu leak for 13 months, ignoring its repeated improbable successes

>same people instantly accept the ramblings of an unintelligible 4chan user and put it on a pedestal without a second thought

Huh?!
Gematsu is fake at 95%. Because E3 and things like it. He said Mii Fighters ? Well not enough to show us that it's not a fake. :yeahboi:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Topic doesn't really pertain to the character/thread
majora_787 majora_787 Lol, the leak got 8 characters right so far and none proven wrong. For all we know he could be right. Yes, the statement that they were all going to be revealed at E3 was wrong, but all the characters that the statement stated were to be playable were eventually confirmed to be playable.

Big boi with big leak equals big opportunity to do as you please wid it.

The only evidence you have to use against the Gematsu leak is how they failed to announced 3 of the 6 "leaked" characters at E3 2013. The timing of characters being announced. Eventually those other 3 were announced, 5 more characters were "leaked" and 2 were confirmed.

Not to mention, if the leaker is right then he could have lied about which characters were going to be announced at E3 2013 for reasons that I can't really think of other than wanting to mess with people.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Why everyone even thinks about those "leaks" and TRUSTS them for whatever reasons, even if they are nothing more than a text written by someone who may or may not even know who works on this game other than Sakurai?! It may get boring to just wait and do nothing, but why even bother reading all of that text if it can be proven to be fake at any second and those "leaks" will do nothing to game itself or its development? Just why? Won`t it ruin the surprise if it is somehow true? Wouldn`t that make it worse for you?

And why we suddenly started to discuss "leaks", even those that don`t even have word "Ridley" in them? Wasn`t there a separate thread for this kind of things?

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Why bother anticipating on game boards? Why bother discussing it? Why bother keeping up with the PotDs? Why bother with reading interviews? Why bother watching Directs? Why bother watching E3? Why bother watching gameplay videos of the game? Why bother reading and discussing leaks and rumors? Because we want to! And since you already know of the leaks, and if they're true, then it's spoiled for you too so you're one to talk big boi! ;)

We started discussing leaks when some leak popped up regarding some guy that sounds kinda dumb who had supposedly seen things in the game and one of the things he saw was Ridley, then we started talking about leaks in general.

Oh yeah and the Sal Romano thread was closed, lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A very small off-topic, but as I now have a Wii U, I had the occasion to buy Metroid Fusion on the eShop, with EarthBound as well.

And, as soon as I saw the game's introduction, I've understood why Other M's story is considered so "illogically canon"...

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
A very small off-topic, but as I now have a Wii U, I had the occasion to buy Metroid Fusion on the eShop, with EarthBound as well.

And, as soon as I saw the game's introduction, I've understood why Other M's story is considered so "illogically canon"...
Or perhaps Metroid Fusion is the title that should be considered so "illogically canon..."

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Metroid Fusion was the first game in the series with inner monologues, I'm surprised people aren't b****ing about that.

Perhaps that goes to show that style can make or break content.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Honestly, If we get a veteran reveal anytime soon, I'm willing to bet that it will be the Ice Climbers. There were only two enemies in the demo from series without characters and they were Polar Bear and Sneaky Spirit, yet we know that there are still enemies left unseen with Dig Dug.

I think enemies will appear as you unlock characters hence why Dig Dug wasn't there since Pac-Man is most likely hidden.

This also means that I think Chorus Men will be revealed in August, not Ridley (Though I still think he is playable).

Hong

The Strongest
I predict Ice Climbers will be held back from being just any ordinary sort of website reveal, as I am going to assume they are going to require mechanical revision.

Would be a shame to not real Ridley in August, though. At some point, a character becomes famous because people want them in Smash Bros. It sounds obvious, but it's not unreasonable to say part of Ridley's fame at this point has been because a lot of people want him Smash Bros, hence why the obnoxious size memes can be found in the distant corners of the Internet. It heightens their sense of magnitude and gives the press a lot to talk about.

Meanwhile someone like Chrom will just float away in the wind like Palutena did, outside of Smash/Nintendo specific communities of course.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Honestly, If we get a veteran reveal anytime soon, I'm willing to bet that it will be the Ice Climbers. There were only two enemies in the demo from series without characters and they were Polar Bear and Sneaky Spirit, yet we know that there are still enemies left unseen with Dig Dug.

I think enemies will appear as you unlock characters hence why Dig Dug wasn't there since Pac-Man is most likely hidden.

This also means that I think Chorus Men will be revealed in August, not Ridley (Though I still think he is playable).

The next characters to be revealed will be based off their respected enemies that are in Smash Run?

Sorry but that makes no sense. We've had loads of characters revealed before and after people thought the polar bears could be hinting at the Ice Climbers return, and those didn't have enemies teased in Smash Run, plus we already have Metroid and Donkey Kong enemies (So apparently that logic doesn't apply to Ridley or King K. Rool now), how does that logic all of a sudden dictate who comes next?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I don't really think that's necessarily the case, it's not like Samurai Goroh was an unlockable trophy in Brawl and once again seems to not be so this time, same goes for the Mother items this time. Things from unlockable characters' franchises aren't always hidden alongside them, only seems to be the case with 3rd parties as it otherwise becomes way too obvious (like how Special Flag and the Galaga enemies pretty much confirmed Pac-Man.)

Why everyone even thinks about those "leaks" and TRUSTS them for whatever reasons, even if they are nothing more than a text written by someone who may or may not even know who works on this game other than Sakurai?! It may get boring to just wait and do nothing, but why even bother reading all of that text if it can be proven to be fake at any second and those "leaks" will do nothing to game itself or its development? Just why? Won`t it ruin the surprise if it is somehow true? Wouldn`t that make it worse for you?

And why we suddenly started to discuss "leaks", even those that don`t even have word "Ridley" in them? Wasn`t there a separate thread for this kind of things?
None of the discussion on the Smash 4 board has any effect on the game at all, including this thread, in itself it's nothing more than a waste of time actually. But it's fun, so we still do it.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Leak talk again?

I know Ridley's resume includes Pirate, Murderer, Space Dragon, and Galactic Playboy, but when did he become a plumber?

Let alone Robot, Cyborg, Pokemon, Clone, Boss, Background Cameo, Intro Movie Star, Phazon Drug Addict, and most recently, Professional Body Builder with Roidley

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Huh?!
I have they same experience with pro Hades and Anti Ridley people, claiming he can be resized because he is a god and being put in his place by the mention of the cunning god of death

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Are people fools for believing in it? No. Are they foolish for believing in leaks that damage their own credibility? Kind of. The people who are fools are the Church of Gematsu who deny any issues it has made for itself and believe it to be the full comprehensive roster.
HEATHEN

do not follow a false god

only the one true gematsu

for sal sees all

alllllllll

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Huh?!
You understand that a lot of people also cheer-leading the Gamatsu leak too right?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Metroid Fusion was the first game in the series with inner monologues, I'm surprised people aren't b****ing about that.

It's because at least Fusion made those coherent and occasional, as they only happen in the intro, during some "elevator break" scene or any plot important moment, and at the very end.

Instead of just being cringeworthy and FAWKING EVERYWHERE like in Other M.

Morbi

Scavenger
HEATHEN

do not follow a false god

only the one true gematsu

for sal sees all

alllllllll
But can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

I follow Ridley myself.

Glory be to Space Dragon Jesus
Glory be to the Father, the Son, and to the Holy Space Dragon.

I don't really think that's necessarily the case, it's not like Samurai Goroh was an unlockable trophy in Brawl and once again seems to not be so this time, same goes for the Mother items this time. Things from unlockable characters' franchises aren't always hidden alongside them, only seems to be the case with 3rd parties as it otherwise becomes way too obvious (like how Special Flag and the Galaga enemies pretty much confirmed Pac-Man.)

None of the discussion on the Smash 4 board has any effect on the game at all, including this thread, in itself it's nothing more than a waste of time actually. But it's fun, so we still do it.
I actually believe that our discussion pertaining to Ridely will have an effect on how I perceive the game, and more importantly, our friendly neighborhood space dragon. It might not objectively influence anything; however, it will subjectively effect the game from my perspective.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I follow Ridley myself.

Glory be to Space Dragon Jesus
The churches aren't mutually exclusive

I follow Ridley out of love/hate/deadparents

I follow Sal the all seeing for the irony/HE KNOWS THINGS how did he found out I never told anyone about that

But can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
he's got compound eyes, so each one sees like 1/1000'th of his full sight. Which means each bit of sight individually is small enough to be a kid. so I'd say he can even see child-only stuff, yeah.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

The monologues are much shorter and coherent. In Other M Samus goes to talk to herself in between conversations, after bosses, and plentiful of cutscenes.
Samus molonogues in Fusion are few and far in between.
People are more against the execution and abundance of the lenghty monologues, the fact that Sakamoto ordered Jessica Martin (a noob in voice acting, as per his request) to speak in monotone through them didnt help.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The next characters to be revealed will be based off their respected enemies that are in Smash Run?

Sorry but that makes no sense. We've had loads of characters revealed before and after people thought the polar bears could be hinting at the Ice Climbers return, and those didn't have enemies teased in Smash Run, plus we already have Metroid and Donkey Kong enemies (So apparently that logic doesn't apply to Ridley or King K. Rool now), how does that logic all of a sudden dictate who comes next?
You obviously didn't understand what I said.

I think enemies from certain series will only appear when a character from that series has been unlocked, and since Polar Bear and Sneaky Spirits are in the demo while Dig Dug is not, I think Ice Climbers and Chorus Men will be starters.

This doesn't apply to Ridley and K Rool since we already have DK and Samus.
It is just a theory, Enemies might be different, since why wasn't Dig Dug or any other Earthbound, Xenoblade, G&W or Gyromite/R.O.B. enemies in the game? It is just a demo however but it does seem weird they would have these two enemies but not others.

Top Bottom