• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Honestly, If we get a veteran reveal anytime soon, I'm willing to bet that it will be the Ice Climbers. There were only two enemies in the demo from series without characters and they were Polar Bear and Sneaky Spirit, yet we know that there are still enemies left unseen with Dig Dug.

I think enemies will appear as you unlock characters hence why Dig Dug wasn't there since Pac-Man is most likely hidden.

This also means that I think Chorus Men will be revealed in August, not Ridley (Though I still think he is playable).

You have got to be kidding me.

You think certain enemies will not be shown till certain characters till they are unlocked.

I hate to say it but that is a really dumb theory, for one thing do you really think king k rool will be a starter then since kermlings are shown.

And I'm pretty sure dig dug is not in at all (besides S flag probably.)

With that said im pretty sure all enemys that will be added will be in the smash run.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I know this topic was already passed, but you guys seem to have missed a clear entrance... thingy for Ridley.
"RIDLEY fits right in!"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It is just a theory, Enemies might be different, since why wasn't Dig Dug or any other Earthbound, Xenoblade, G&W or Gyromite/R.O.B. enemies in the game? It is just a demo however but it does seem weird they would have these two enemies but not others.
It's a demo, you usually never put more stuff in than necessary for those, hence why there were only 4 costumes for each character and 1 victory pose included. We're going to see a lot more enemies in Smash Run when the game releases, I haven't spotted some of the already confirmed ones like Kihunter in any of the demo footage either. There were also a couple of items missing if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
You obviously didn't understand what I said.

I think enemies from certain series will only appear when a character from that series has been unlocked, and since Polar Bear and Sneaky Spirits are in the demo while Dig Dug is not, I think Ice Climbers and Chorus Men will be starters.

This doesn't apply to Ridley and K Rool since we already have DK and Samus.

It is just a theory, Enemies might be different, since why wasn't Dig Dug or any other Earthbound, Xenoblade, G&W or Gyromite/R.O.B. enemies in the game? It is just a demo however but it does seem weird they would have these two enemies but not others.

That still makes no sense, but my focus was on this...

This also means that I think Chorus Men will be revealed in August, not Ridley (Though I still think he is playable).

I was trying to say if the theory applies to Ice Climbers and the Chorus Kids/Men where you think unlocking respected character unlocks the enemies from the game in Smash, then again, how is it just the Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids/Men that are being unlocked next? We have no idea what characters are unlocked from the start , and what happens when we have multiple characters from same game? I just don't buy having 1 rep from a game unlocks all their enemies.

For arguments sake say Luigi was unlockable, what enemies will be connected to him? Then you have the fact that Smash Run is a multilayer mode, not just against AI, so does that mean if someone doesn't have a character unlocked the enemies connected to them don't show up? Sorry but there's too many holes in this. Then you go on to say that this implies it makes more sense that the Chorus Men get revealed before Ridley, even though most of us can agree Ridley being revealed in August being the anniversary of Metroid and the pyrosphere Miiverse picture, seems too make too much sense not to reveal him that month, maybe at gamescon

Having the polar bears wouldn't be that odd since they were in previous smash games, so you could argue they were just carried over, but having enemies from games like Xenoblade might be too obvious, plus maybe they're still working out what enemies to add or what roll they would play, it would be easier to sort out any issues with less content and slowly drip feed new enemies/content. Or they could just be drip feeding enemies so it isn't too obvious.

My bad, yeah thats what I was talking about. And Kremlings are DK enemies, not K Rool enemies.
Even if Kremlings are DK enemies, they are much more strongly associated with King K. Rool, since they only appear in games he's in, unless I'm mistaken

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley is in SSB4, he won't be shown until the game releases in Japan (assuming nobody actually leaks him for real beforehand). "Other boss characters will appear" wouldn't even come close to disproving him because Ridley is a boss character by nature, so is Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, etc.. it just seems too odd for him not to be playable, when every single "picture of the day" showcasing the Pyrosphere map has no trace of Ridley anywhere. My prediction is that to unlock Ridley you must beat the SSB4 version of classic mode with Samus, making sure to take a path where you fight on the Pyrosphere (it looked like you could choose paths, at least in the 3DS version) and after you win against whomever you fight, Ridley appears, just like Giant Kirby appeared in Melee's classic mode on Green Greens. So yes, a boss character would appear confirming what Sakurai stated, and then he is unlocked for use where he, dependant on the player choosing him, could "appear at any time", just like Marth could appear at any time if you pick him, or Mario, or Pikachu, or Bowser, etc.. etc... I think us fine Ridley supporters have little to be worried about.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Since bosses appear to be exclusive to the Wii U version... what'd that mean for Ridley?

I mean, it seems that the whole "Playable Bosses" business may actually be a thing (as an optional), using the Game Pad to control the boss...

I'm not sure if this bodes well for Ridley...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think enemies from certain series will only appear when a character from that series has been unlocked, and since Polar Bear and Sneaky Spirits are in the demo while Dig Dug is not, I think Ice Climbers and Chorus Men will be starters.

Wait...what? Who said that there was every enemy in the demo or that there was something to unlock? They could have only Dig Dugs as enemies and Mario as playable character in that demo if they wanted.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
What about Dark Emperor though? As far as we know Dark Emperor is a boss. Twinrova may not be, but we haven't seen much of Dark Emperor's uhh... shenanigans to indicate that he's not one.

Staarih

Smash Master
Since bosses appear to be exclusive to the Wii U version... what'd that mean for Ridley?

I mean, it seems that the whole "Playable Bosses" business may actually be a thing (as an optional), using the Game Pad to control the boss...

I'm not sure if this bodes well for Ridley...
What would Ridley's role be in the 3DS version then? I don't know, to me it would feel unfair to have Ridley in such a prominent role in the Wii U version and not have a sight of him in the 3DS one. Sure, that could be the route they choose to go, but I personally think Ridley deserves equal representation in both version. So until we see Ridley in some bigger role in the 3DS version, I'm going to assume there are other plans (than being a stage boss on the Wii U) for him. Being playable in both versions would definitely be the way to go.

Then again, stage bosses may still be a thing in the 3DS version. I don't think it's been disconfirmed? I'd assume the Dark Emperor is one, or at least something similar. I'd be more worried if stage bosses do appear in the 3DS version than if it's a Wii U exclusive -thing.

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
The best tracks were "Disc Ejection Sound" and "Sharp Snap".

I don't actually hate it like that.
mayne u guyz u all 4getting dis

and dis

ah meen dey aint no ridlee theem or phendrada driphs or brinstar or secter wun but dood thay aint too bad yo chekk chekk chekk em owt

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
What about Dark Emperor though? As far as we know Dark Emperor is a boss. Twinrova may not be, but we haven't seen much of Dark Emperor's uhh... shenanigans to indicate that he's not one.
We've also not seen or heard anything that would suggest that he IS a boss. As of right now, the only known Stage Boss (non-smash run) is Yellow Devil.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The only thing that we saw on the 3DS that is a boss is Master Hand and I highly doubt that he is a stage boss.
I mean, they could totally have the Master Hand as a toggle-able stage boss on FD

that'd be legit

I know this topic was already passed, but you guys seem to have missed a clear entrance... thingy for Ridley.
"RIDLEY fits right in!"
I dunno. I still think DEAD PARENTS or something equally blatant would be the most amusing

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only thing that we saw on the 3DS that is a boss is Master Hand and I highly doubt that he is a stage boss.
On Final Destination?

We've also not seen or heard anything that would suggest that he IS a boss. As of right now, the only known Stage Boss (non-smash run) is Yellow Devil.
You forgot one.

Ridley. :troll:

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
I mean, they could totally have the Master Hand as a toggle-able stage boss on FD

that'd be legit
I would absolutely love that.

If you don't like him you can just play on the Final Destination form of Final Destination.

majora_787

Smash Hero
How do we know Dark Emperor ISN'T a boss at this point though? He's a large enemy on a small stage like Yellow Devil, enters the arena to attack, and buffs people based off of their color it seems, possibly as the reward for beating him.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And if you don't want to fight Ridley as a boss, just have no one choose him on the character select screen
And if you want Ridley only as a boss and not as a playable character because he is too big and someone deserves more than him, then deal with it and go cry in the corner while posting rage comments on youtube, GamesFAQ, Smashboards, Miiverse, etc.

When Ridley will be revealed as a playable character in Super Smash Bros., except to see a lot of rage comments, excuses why he sucks and doesn`t looks right, detractors saying that they were wrong (i doubt this one), kids saying that they want Master Chief, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow instead, etc.
If that WON`T happen, then i will give someone my heart and then go back to home and think about it while looking at the bleeding hole where my heart once was.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
How do we know Dark Emperor ISN'T a boss at this point though? He's a large enemy on a small stage like Yellow Devil, enters the arena to attack, and buffs people based off of their color it seems, possibly as the reward for beating him.
To be fair, Ridley does all of those things too. How do we know he isn't a boss either?

And if you want Ridley only as a boss and not as a playable character because he is too big and someone deserves more than him, then deal with it and go cry in the corner while posting rage comments on youtube, GamesFAQ, Smashboards, Miiverse, etc.
Or you could just set him to a computer player

:p

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Even if Ridley was a stage boss. Which he isn't. What would be your reward for killing him?

The tears of every Ridley fan?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If it's as a reward for beating him, then why is the Dark Emperor in the background like nothing happened to him?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
BUT H3 W1LL 5T1LL L00K R3T(should that word be um...censored or not?)D3T 4ND V3RY STUP1D B3C4U53 H3 MUST B3 9001 F33T T4LL 4ND H3 5H0ULD B3 0NLY 4 B055!
Sorry, I think your fury triggered your inner sith lord, and you started speaking in tongues by accident, I couldn't make out any of that

Ridley explodes violently, just like every non-Other M game.
hot?

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Kind of off topic, but just for a quick second. Character support threads for characters that got confirmed are archived under the character sub-forum this time around.

But where can I find the original support threads for characters that were confirmed in Brawl? I've found Geno and all those. But I'd love to see thread reactions during the early days of Brawl when characters that were wanted in the game were added.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley explodes violently, just like every non-Other M game.
Metroid Prime 3 Meta Ridley.
Sorry, I think your fury triggered your inner sith lord, and you started speaking in tongues by accident, I couldn't make out any of that
ACCIDENT IT MAY HAVE BEEN. LANGUAGES MANY I KNOW. ONE OF THEM WAS IT. INNER SITH AWAKENS IN ME. AT YODA SPEAK FAIL I. CAN TRAIN SOMEONE ME?
...anyway, All Hail Ridley and buy our brand new Ridley4Smash T-shirts, hats and boots...
now this post isn`t that off-topic

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Metroid Prime 3 Meta Ridley.

ACCIDENT IT MAY HAVE BEEN. LANGUAGES MANY I KNOW. ONE OF THEM WAS IT. INNER SITH AWAKENS IN ME. AT YODA SPEAK FAIL I. CAN TRAIN SOMEONE ME?
...anyway, All Hail Ridley...
now this post isn`t that off-topic
He blew up eventually!

majora_787

Smash Hero
If it's as a reward for beating him, then why is the Dark Emperor in the background like nothing happened to him?
It could be that he enters the background when he has been defeated or when he is no longer "active" as a boss. That way he would be defeated, give a buff, and go into the background. Or alternatively the buff lasts longer than a few seconds and he just appeared in the background again.

And in Ridley's case, he's a small enemy on a large stage, hasn't been shown to buff or do anything for anyone, and also hasn't been seen leaving or entering the arena from the background or offscreen. So he's not really in the same situation there.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
The Dark Emperor is not a boss until confirmed to be one, we have to yet to see him being hurt or killed, all we know so far about him is that he can fly in the background and have diffrent effect, he's no more a boss than Orne or that Shark for Animal crossing right now, so the Dark Emperor is a stage hazard by default at the moment.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The Dark Emperor is not a boss until confirmed to be one, we have to yet to see him being hurt or killed, all we know so far about him is that he can fly in the background and have diffrent effect, he's no more a boss than Orne or that Shark for Tomadochi Life right now, so the Dark Emperor is a stage hazard by default at the moment.
You mean like when we considered Twinrova a boss until she was confirmed NOT to be one? :\

Ornes aren't even stage enemies, and the shark has been shown to not be a boss. Moving goalposts just to be difficult really isn't the best way to go about anything.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well most likely to find out in august if ridley is a boss or playable.
Just like we found it likely he would be shown in some capacity at E3?

I wish he would finally be shown in the August Direct... but I wouldn't be surprised if he was kept hidden all the way until release, whether he's a playable character or not. And that's what I'm going to expect to happen. If he pops up earlier, I shall be ten times more hyped than normal. Unless he's a stage boss.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Secret characters aren't really teased before release, and no other potential character has been teased as much as Ridley has.
My bet is Ridley at the August direct, or shown anticlimactically as a small slow boss in a POTD before that.

Top Bottom