• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Ridley should be in the August Direct you tease something for so long just to wait till release that not hype at all.

A lot of doods are being pessimistic realistic that hes a secret character and hey Iam fine with that, I just want to play as him already.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno. I'd love it if he were shown in August. I just don't think Sakurai is actually going to give a public payout to the trolling and teasing, and it will just be dropped through the game being launched in Japan.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I dunno. I'd love it if he were shown in August. I just don't think Sakurai is actually going to give a public payout to the trolling and teasing, and it will just be dropped through the game being launched in Japan.
Think about it

Does any of the only 3 sal character left look showable before release. I don't think so.

Ridley is a different story he was teased for so long it's almost ben a full year, and also be is the most wanted, and its almost release it will hype the americans for october.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Since it's the last direct before release, Sakurai should show a newcommer or veteran that should hype everyone and since Japan don't care that much about Ridley.....

My bet is on Shulk since he's the only Gematsu character with no hint so far while being poppular everywhere or Mewtwo since he was the most requested character for this game.

I can see Ridley as the second to last character to be unlocked in the game, it's quite fitting with his habit of being the second to last boss fought in most Metroid games.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I just want to see the twitch chat on the direct when Riley is revealed

majora_787

Smash Hero
Think about it

Does any of the only 3 sal character left look showable before release. I don't think so.

Ridley is a different story he was teased for so long it's almost ben a full year, and also be is the most wanted, and its almost release it will hype the americans for october.
I don't think it matters if Shulk or Chronic Bronchitis look showable before release because the only indication that they could be is a fake leak and an enemy in smash run. Chrom though doesn't look showable before release for the same reason Ridley doesn't.

And I dunno. I just don't think it'll happen in the august direct. I mean Sakurai dropped a 3rd party in a closed private event and it was leaked out over twitter. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want the teasing to have some huge direct payout.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I don't think it matters if Shulk or Chronic Bronchitis look showable before release because the only indication that they could be is a fake leak and an enemy in smash run. Chrom though doesn't look showable before release for the same reason Ridley doesn't.

And I dunno. I just don't think it'll happen in the august direct. I mean Sakurai dropped a 3rd party in a closed private event and it was leaked out over twitter. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want the teasing to have some huge direct payout.
He wanted Pacman to be shown out. That's why Nintendo tweeted it out too. And they let media run liveblogs...

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I wonder how many fake roster leaks with Ridley we are going to get a few days/weeks before release. It's going to be a nigthmare to know if one of them is legit =/

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
While I don't really think that we're going to see Ridley revealed in August, I am betting on the possibility that we're going to get a release date for Metroid Zero Mission on the Wii U Virtual Console for NA/PAL in the upcoming Direct. It could possibly lead into a reveal for Ridley, but I don't know.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I wonder how many fake roster leaks with Ridley we are going to get a few days/weeks before release. It's going to be a nigthmare to know if one of them is legit =/
Just expect one of them having a somewhat small roster without Ridley, but has a "page two" button next to it, as in, the roster is divided in two segments, and the leaker states that Ridley can be found in the next page.

... Cue a screen shot of "page two", being nothing but a huge screen wide slot with Ridley's profile in it. :troll:

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
One will be real eventually maybe 10 days before the japan release just like on smash 3
I wonder if, after this game is released, we'll all refer each game by numbers rather than by their subtitles.

"Hey man, Smash 3 is good and all, but Smash 2 is the best. Smash 1 and 4 are almost as good, too."

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
... Cue a screen shot of "page two", being nothing but a huge screen wide slot with Ridley's profile in it. :troll:
No. He must be on page 2-9002 because he is too big to fit on a single page :troll::troll:
I wonder if, after this game is released, we'll all refer each game by numbers rather than by their subtitles.

"Hey man, Smash 3 is good and all, but Smash 2 is the best. Smash 1 and 4 are almost as good, too."
Wait...then how Project M will be called?
Also, I'm having difficultly deciding what color Ridleys plush should be, he has alto of variants. Any suggestions?
Something close to Brawl and Super Metroid colors. With yellow eyes.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
-u- I was thinking the same about the colors....Damn, I wish I knew how to make patterns to make a Ridley plushie for myself....even a life-size one (too much?)...I wouldn't care if it is 7 meters tall....

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Hmm, that would look pretty cool. I shall try that.

-u- I was thinking the same about the colors....Damn, I wish I knew how to make patterns to make a Ridley plushie for myself....even a life-size one (too much?)...I wouldn't care if it is 7 meters tall....
Who knows, maybe you can have this one, haha!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, I already posted this on the Social thread, so I might as well share it here:

image.jpg

AndreaAC

Hmm, that would look pretty cool. I shall try that.

Who knows, maybe you can have this one, haha!
-u- Aww....thank you! I would love that! even, I really want to learn to make patterns, I have tried paper art toy partterns...but they didn't come out too well. but my 3Dimensional teacher said thar to make plushie patterns it is something similar...now I will learn make molds to reproduce tiny figures with resin...too bad I didn't have a Ridley figure...I would have loved to make many replicas of him...

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
-u- Aww....thank you! I would love that! even, I really want to learn to make patterns, I have tried paper art toy partterns...but they didn't come out too well. but my 3Dimensional teacher said thar to make plushie patterns it is something similar...now I will learn make molds to reproduce tiny figures with resin...too bad I didn't have a Ridley figure...I would have loved to make many replicas of him...
Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I never thought to use physical models when making patterns, I usually just do them in my head and then draw them out on paper. So far, Ridley seems like he will take a little more effort, but the results will be worth it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I am waiting for the glorious Ridley Nuke explosion. In glorious 3D. Other than wanting Ridley to be playable, i want all of this madness to end and read all of detractors` comments about Ridley, including those that say "He sucks because he is so f***ing small"...
Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I never thought to use physical models when making patterns, I usually just do them in my head and then draw them out on paper. So far, Ridley seems like he will take a little more effort, but the results will be worth it.
By the way, will he have normal proportions or SD proportions?

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
They are waiting for the glorious Ridley Nuke explosion. In glorious 3D. I will wait for it too. Other than wanting Ridley to be playable, i want all of this madness to end and read all of detractors` comments about Ridley, including those that say "He sucks because he is so f***ing small".
Wait what? I have never seen someone complain about him being to small. XD
If he does get revealed before launch, I cant wait to see HOW he is revealed. After Little Macs, Pacmans and Palutenas, I'm sure it will be awesome either way.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wait what? I have never seen someone complain about him being to small. XD
There will be after he will be revealed to be playable. And few will complain about him being lame or getting someone`s slot. Most of them will be on Miiverse and youtube.

Now someone needs to make a "X drinking Z fans` tears" image with Ridley and toobigots...or toobigots instead of tears.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Definitely. I draw Brawl Ridley so much that I could try and make a pattern...but symmetrical proportions aren't my thing yet...but.... I could use a designer's best friend....Copy/Paste.....

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh yeah, I'm going to try and prep a video soonish. I'm going to try and do reactions for the rest of the character reveal trailers, and for Ridley, once he's announce, the video will blow up and end there. And then the Internet explodes.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
There will be after he will be revealed to be playable. And few will complain about him being lame or getting someone`s slot. Most of them will be on Miiverse and youtube.
Ah, I see. It has been awhile but didn't the same thing happen when Bowser was revealed in Brawl, and everyone was comparing his size to Sunshine? I will be very amused if Ridleys meme literally does a 180 after his reveal.

Definitely. I draw Brawl Ridley so much that I could try and make a pattern...but symmetrical proportions aren't my thing yet...but.... I could use a designer's best friend....Copy/Paste.....
Well seeing as I am making one at the moment, I could probably just sent it to you if you like. You could then modify it to your liking and have your own custom Ridley plush, heh.

AndreaAC

Well seeing as I am making one at the moment, I could probably just sent it to you if you like. You could then modify it to your liking and have your own custom Ridley plush, heh.
Really? :D Thank you so much! I would definitely love that! -u- now the only thing I would have to learn is how to sew....heh...I have never been good with manual arts....just...drawing...kinda...

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Really? :D Thank you so much! I would definitely love that! -u- now the only thing I would have to learn is how to sew....heh...I have never been good with manual arts....just...drawing...kinda...
Well, Ridley might not be the best starting project, but it is worth a try. ^_^ I have recorded a few on my lifesized pokemon plushies as tutorials, but I have not uploaded them yet, as i need to find a good editor first.

Also, can someone confirm for me that Ridley does actually talk? I know he CAN, and does in the manga, but I have never actually, heard him have any dialogue in any game he has been in. That I know of anyway.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, Ridley might not be the best starting project, but it is worth a try. ^_^ I have recorded a few on my lifesized pokemon plushies as tutorials, but I have not uploaded them yet, as i need to find a good editor first.

Also, can someone confirm for me that Ridley does actually talk? I know he CAN, and does in the manga, but I have never actually, heard him have any dialogue in any game he has been in. That I know of anyway.
Good luck with it.

No. He is too busy to talk and never ever said even a single word.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Good luck with it.

No. He is too busy to talk and never ever said even a single word.

Ah, I see. I ask because it occurred to me he might say something in one of his taunts, and was curious what his voice would sound like for that. Not that I would mind him just roaring and tossing characters off the stage that is.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

As far as I know, Ridley has never talked outside of the manga. He hasn't even left behind any journal entries to scan from in the Metroid Prime games.

Speaking of which, that's something that I would love to see in a future game. To search for Ridley's scattered journal logs throughout the course of the game, we could learn more about him than from the entire 28 years of past Metroid games.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
As far as I know, Ridley has never talked outside of the manga. He hasn't even left behind any journal entries to scan from in the Metroid Prime games.

Speaking of which, that's something that I would love to see in a future game. To search for Ridley's scattered journal logs throughout the course of the game, we could learn more about him than from the entire 28 years of past Metroid games.
That would be great. And if that will ever happen, then i hope at least 1 of them will be made in the same way as few sane Space Pirates` logs. He was shown to be not absolutely serious in manga.

I heard that Omega Pirate says something during his fight. Can someone confirm that?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Dark Meta Ridley needs to be a real thing/alt to counterpart Light Suit Samus.
His arm cannon is too big to replace his arm for an alt. And Dark Meta Ridley`s proportions don`t match Ridley and Roidley`s. So, he can`t exist as Ridley`s alt in Sm4sh. And if they decided to use model close to Other M Ridley, then we won`t have classic Ridley either unless they will decide to make separate animations for him.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Dark Meta Ridley needs to be a real thing/alt to counterpart Light Suit Samus.
That suit doesn't look right on the Other M suit. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

But yeah, Dark Meta Ridley would look awesome, provided it's not on Roidley's model.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That suit doesn't look right on the Other M suit. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

But yeah, Dark Meta Ridley would look awesome, provided it's not on Roidley's model.
At least it looks better than if it would be on SSBB suit.

It won`t matter that much since it is mostly bones and robot/cybernetic/whatever parts.

...Oh, Ridley, yeah...

Last edited:
Top Bottom