• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
As far as I know, Ridley has never talked outside of the manga. He hasn't even left behind any journal entries to scan from in the Metroid Prime games.

Speaking of which, that's something that I would love to see in a future game. To search for Ridley's scattered journal logs throughout the course of the game, we could learn more about him than from the entire 28 years of past Metroid games.
And if you scan 'em all, the achievement or whatever should be called diary of a maddragon or something.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Dark Meta Ridley needs to be a real thing/alt to counterpart Light Suit Samus.
Stahp filling me with too many hopes and dreams!

That suit doesn't look right on the Other M suit. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

But yeah, Dark Meta Ridley would look awesome, provided it's not on Roidley's model.
Still better looking than the Fusion Suit's colors on any Varia Suit though.

Dark Meta Roidley... Thank goodness for brain bleach, again.

Oh, and I'll still respond to your PM again sometime, but it's hard thinking of other games/soundtracks to recommend when there's just so many.

With the Storm Trooper alt for Samus, we should get a Tatooine alt for Ridley :troll:
No, there should be a Korriban alt for Ridley (for those not geeky enough to know, it's the homeworld of the Sith).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
With the Storm Trooper alt for Samus, we should get a Tatooine alt for Ridley :troll:
Yep hehehe

But seriously its light suit samus from prime 2 Patlette swap.

But.... Light suit samus is another one of sakurai listens to the fans, because i believe the fans favorite samus suit is light suit

And another one for sakurai may be taking american request as well, he made a reference to star wars and independance day, both which are more usa loved more than japan, (well unless star wars is well known in japan.)

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
You guys think we'll get some kind of newcomer reveal at Comic Con this year? Since there will be a tournament there and all?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You guys think we'll get some kind of newcomer reveal at Comic Con this year? Since there will be a tournament there and all?
Given that there has been no revealed at any of the demo play events so far I wouldn't put much stock in the idea at this point.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It'll probably just be the E3 demo again

the most we can hope for is that it has a few more characters on it, like Ike, Diddy, or Charizard.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What happens when detractors go to this thread to teal us that we are in "denial"
I think the gif of Ridley knocking Anthony off the platform with his tail (too lazy to find again) would be more proper.

And yeah, what the above people said regarding the tournament thing.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Well, I already posted this on the Social thread, so I might as well share it here:

View attachment 17848
This is actually Little Birdie's Final Smash. When it's revealed instead of Ridley to be playable, Rumia chases it around the stage and it knocks all characters up so that they all hit the screen at the same time. Rumia then gets a taste for Ridley meat, eats Little Birdie, and heads to the Pyrosphere stage to eat Ridley. Ridley will never be in a SSB game again after this, Rumia taking his place as a third party character, like Alfonso but created by a drunkard with no ties to Nintendo.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think the gif of Ridley knocking Anthony off the platform with his tail (too lazy to find again) would be more proper.
Nah, this one fits better. It just needs to be extended to have Ridley slam Samus against wall. It is more violent.

No, we need Boba Fett alt for Samus and General Grievous alt (not just GG and insted Ridley designed to look like GG) for Ridley. Both are a lot more bada$$ than 9001 Storm Troopers...wait...EVERYONE is more bada$$ than 900001 Storm Troopers because they can`t aim properly.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That suit doesn't look right on the Other M suit. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

But yeah, Dark Meta Ridley would look awesome, provided it's not on Roidley's model.
Yup...I agree....why they can't make actual changes on the suit so that it ACTUALLY looks like the light suit and not just a re-color? and...I really hope we get an actual alternate appearance of SM Ridley....not just....Roidley with another color.....

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Well now we know we are good, Samus has the light suit, light comes from the sun, the Sun is in space, Space is where the Space Core wants to be, The Space Core is from Portal 2, Portals are used by Dark Samus, Dark Samus and Ridley are both big baddies from Metroid, Metroid needs another rep. So logically todays pic confirms Ridley as the new Metroid rep since Dark Samus is already an Assist Trophy... Ridley for Smash!

Also I know the light suit isn't exact, but atleast we got it.

Also Also, I didn't mention back on when the thread was on leaks, but if Wario were to be revealed would you guys feel that leak is the strongest possibility of being true, or if they just got lucky?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well now we know we are good, Samus has the light suit, light comes from the sun, the Sun is in space, Space is where the Space Core wants to be, The Space Core is from Portal 2, Portals are used by Dark Samus, Dark Samus and Ridley are both big baddies from Metroid, Metroid needs another rep. So logically todays pic confirms Ridley as the new Metroid rep since Dark Samus is already an Assist Trophy... Ridley for Smash!

Also I know the light suit isn't exact, but atleast we got it.

Also Also, I didn't mention back on when the thread was on leaks, but if Wario were to be revealed would you guys feel that leak is the strongest possibility of being true, or if they just got lucky?
Imma say it was an educated guess.

We've gone a long while without a vet reveal, and wario is a likely one. Ice Climbers as well.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
They just got lu- Wario just can`t be cut from Sm4sh. He got stuck in it because he is too big. So, its like if he would instead include Meta Knight or Mario.

I saw that image with Light Suit Samus. Who said it is an alt if it can be a simple recolor?

Last edited:

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
They just got lu- Wario just can`t be cut from Sm4sh. He got stuck in it because he is too big. So, its like if he would instead include Meta Knight or Mario.

I saw that image with Light Suit Samus. Who said it is an alt if it can be a simple recolor?
I meant if he was revealed in the time they gave, not just if he was in it at a later date.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I hope we will get Ridley, but not before Anthony Higgs. Sidekick first, then the villain. Metroid is no exception. I can see Anthony having a Darth Vader alt. :denzel:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
No, not the gun! I want to know if it's still okay! It wasn't destroyed in the magma, was it? :(
the gun is ok.... or rather Stable, sadly it suffered serious third degree burnings trough a great percentage of it's gun body, buit Adam recovered it in the nick of time and replaced the smoldered gun-parts with cyborg gun-parts, plus now it needs to be connected to an artificial gun-life support system. when the surgery was finished, the gun asked if anthony had survived. when adam tell it that anthony survived and was unscratched the gun in all it's rage and desesperation screamed with all its gun-artificia-lungs a loud "Ratakatakataka".

the vader alt skin is actually for anthony gun, not anthony.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So a plasma-breathing pirate dragon from space verses a walking meme generator. Your right, clearly no contest! :rolleyes:
While I'd prefer Ridley over Anthony, I can't say the gentleman has no style. He has his own machine gun, a freeze gun, better physical aptitudes than the other guys, and he is one of the rar characters with Samus that remains alive at the end of a game. I'd really be interested with a metroid game with Anthony as the main character.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
If we get a reveal in August for Ridley (which I'm betting on), I think it will be at gamescom, or at least a Nintendo Direct alongside gamescom, which will be running from 13 - 17th of August. Saying that the Nintendo Direct for August last year was on the 7th, (gamescom 2013 was August 21 to 25). So could be sooner, don't know enough on gamescom though.
Ha. I remember almost a year ago when I joined these forums people were thinking the same thing about gamescon.
Time sure flies..

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I think the new Samus alt is meant to be based on the color scheme for player 2 in the Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer rather than the light suit itself:

Sorry about the quality, best picture I could find.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ha. I remember almost a year ago when I joined these forums people were thinking the same thing about gamescon.
Time sure flies..
tell me about it... I still remember similar pre-brawl theories from 6+ years ago... xD

I think the new Samus alt is meant to be based on the color scheme for player 2 in the Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer rather than the light suit itself:

Sorry about the quality, best picture I could find.
It's more fun to pretend it's a storm trooper.

Last edited:

PlasticBag

Smash Apprentice
ooooooooooooooo
You are all oh so lucky Ridley was included in the latest version of the Gematsu leak.
They've basically predicted all the of the new comers shown so far, except Rosalina.

D

Deleted member

"Gematsu Plus" leak (which is to be determined true/false tomorrow) =/= Gematsu leak.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ooooooooooooooo
You are all oh so lucky Ridley was included in the latest version of the Gematsu leak.
They've basically predicted all the of the new comers shown so far, except Rosalina.
I don't think anyone's taking the new one seriously, there's no proof to tie it back to the original leak, could just be some random person.

"Gematsu Plus" leak (which is to be determined true/false tomorrow) =/= Gematsu leak.
Even if the wario reveal happens tomorrow, I wouldn't believe the + leak... If I were making a leak, I'd try to pin it on Wario's reveal tomorrow, too. it's a basic pattern, not inside knowledge...

Last edited:

PlasticBag

Smash Apprentice
Wario? Tomorrow? I thought it was the end of next week...

Edit: When did this "rumor" resurfaced?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wario? Tomorrow? I thought it was the end of next week...
Doesn't matter, I still wouldn't believe it. Wario's too safe of a guess, and the time frame is too large and already opportune, imo. The longest they've gone without a character reveal before this was like 46 days, we're approaching that mark.

Top Bottom