• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Malle

Smash Apprentice
So.. Why Wario then? Any veteran could be revealed really.
Meta Knight
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Falco
Wolf
Game & Watch (Perhaps the most obvious choice of them all?)
Ganondorf
R.O.B
Lucas/Ness

If people for some reason do believe that some characters will remain hidden (which I too believe) It can't just be the "original 4" considering Luigi to already have been announced. So, why Wario, and while it can be a lucky guess then.. No, WHY WARIO?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So.. Why Wario then? Any veteran could be revealed really.
Meta Knight
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Falco
Wolf
Game & Watch (Perhaps the most obvious choice of them all?)
Ganondorf
R.O.B
Lucas/Ness

If people for some reason do believe that some characters will remain hidden (which I too believe) It can't just be the "original 4" considering Luigi to already have been announced. So, why Wario, and while it can be a lucky guess then.. No, WHY WARIO?
Because of all the starting characters to be announced from brawl, the only 3 still not shown are wario, ice climbers, and meta knight

there is speculation that meta knight is going to be a hidden character this time around because we already have 2 kirby characters

that leaves wario and ice climbers as the most likely to be revealed veterans.

If I were making a leak, I would pin it on one of them .

Last edited:

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Because of all the starting characters to be announced from brawl, the only 3 still not shown are wario, ice climbers, and meta knight

there is speculation that meta knight is going to be a hidden character this time around because we already have 2 kirby characters

that leaves wario and ice climbers as the most likely to be revealed veterans.

If I were making a leak, I would pin it on one of them .
Luigi is revealed and he surely will be hidden tho.. Unless they twist it this time. I am sure we really can't predict their moves whatsoever. Meta Knight may be hidden, yes, but Dedede might be that as well. Game & Watch also has been "shown", in my eyes would be quite fine to just reveal him the next.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You know, even if a legit leak made it to the internet that claimed a character was going to be revealed at some point in the future...

Couldn't Nintendo, like, change their minds at the last minute and move down the reveal date? This stuff ain't exactly set in stone.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Luigi is revealed and he surely will be hidden tho.. Unless they twist it this time. I am sure we really can't predict their moves whatsoever. Meta Knight may be hidden, yes, but Dedede might be that as well. Game & Watch also has been "shown", in my eyes would be quite fine to just reveal him the next.
Just because some previously hidden vets (TL, luigi, lucario) have been revealed doesn't mean that now all are going to be revealed before hand. if G&W was gonna be shown early it woulda been right next to pac man, imo.

But remember, the people making these leaks are pinning it on the MOST LIKELY reveals. If a character was ever hidden, they are inherently less likely than one who was previously a starter.

Wario and Ice Climbers have the most going for them as the next reveals. Sure, it really could be anyone, but they are the most popular/safe guesses atm, which is my point.

You know, even if a legit leak made it to the internet that claimed a character was going to be revealed at some point in the future...

Couldn't Nintendo, like, change their minds at the last minute and move down the reveal date? This stuff ain't exactly set in stone.
It's sakurai's personal blog. He does what he wants. Want a new character? Here's Luigi's nose instead.

It's the third Tuesday of the month? Have a newcomer.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

The problem with that is that the leaker seems confident about Wario being revealed this week. This is an issue that I've been seeing with recent "leaks" as of lately, they want to pin all their credibility on a certain character being revealed, despite it being obvious that Sakurai is completely unpredictable at making updates.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The problem with that is that the leaker seems confident about Wario being revealed this week. This is an issue that I've been seeing with recent "leaks" as of lately, they want to pin all their credibility on a certain character being revealed, despite it being obvious that Sakurai is completely unpredictable at making updates.
It's not a problem. If you're some random person and have nothing to lose by making a leak, you go all or nothing. The mentality is, make the bet. If you fool people, HA, you fooled people. If not, people just forget about you (the leak that pinned itself on falco being revealed)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Call it a hunch, but I think Sakurai has better things to do than pay attention to a GameFAQs troll's wishlist blown out of proportion by leak fetishists here.

To make this comment Ridley-related, Ridley still has a reasonable shot without this wishlist. Nothing is riding on it for him.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I bet that Sakurai saw it and is gonna announce Wario just to screw with people.
I doubt Sakurai saw some insignificant leak like this. Gematsu and the Palutena images are likely, but not something that hasn't gained a massive following.

Although I'm going to laugh for days if we do see Wario tomorrow.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I don't think many here get the idea of sarcasm or stupidity. Then again, this is just a box of text which from tones can not be derived.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Call it a hunch, but I think Sakurai has better things to do than pay attention to a GameFAQs troll's wishlist blown out of proportion by leak fetishists here.

To make this comment Ridley-related, Ridley still has a reasonable shot without this wishlist. Nothing is riding on it for him.
I doubt Sakurai saw some insignificant leak like this. Gematsu and the Palutena images are likely, but not something that hasn't gained a massive following.

Although I'm going to laugh for days if we do see Wario tomorrow.
Well yeah, but you know...
jokes?
I guess that wasn't as funny as I thought

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
"Gematsu Plus" leak (which is to be determined true/false tomorrow) =/= Gematsu leak.
Some people consider the end of the week as Sunday, so I'd leave the doors open until then (don't expect anything huge, though)

EDIT: The Gematsu Plus Leak was a big topic of discussion earlier in the week over in the Mewtwo Support Thread under Unconfirmed Veterans, although I probably shouldn't advertise you to go read our discussions over there ;).

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Huh. Light Suit Samus. With the light suit AND dark suit to make up for the fusion suit and give Samus some nice alt colors, I'm really starting to wonder if Ridley would get some kind of Meta Ridley texture change or something. That'd be pretty awesome.

Hong

The Strongest
Meta-Ridley is a more than reasonable request with the kinds of textures we're getting. :)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A gray Ridley with a yellow wingspan is too obvious to not happen, especially with Meta Ridley being a boss last game, but no way we're getting an actual alt costume with the Other M design.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I can't picture Roidley with Meta Ridley's colors but....it could be a possibility....

EDIT: NEVERMIND

Last edited:

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
If Wario's revealed tomorrow, my hopes for Ridley will go way up. Right now, I think he's got about a 30% chance, but if Wario's revealed tomorrow then I'd say he has around a 50% chance.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I take all leaks with a grain of salt. Even if Wario is revealed tomorrow, not buying it.

I can believe Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo can be in the game without relying on some phony leak.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well no not an alt obviously. But a Meta Ridley texture change would be great and totally doable.

EDIT: Yes. Ridley don't need no stinking fake leaks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some people consider the end of the week as Sunday, so I'd leave the doors open until then (don't expect anything huge, though)
Only way Wario could be revealed after tomorrow's pic would be through EVO, which is very doubtful.

EDIT: The Gematsu Plus Leak was a big topic of discussion earlier in the week over in the Mewtwo Support Thread under Unconfirmed Veterans, although I probably shouldn't advertise you to go read our discussions over there ;).
Eh, not wanting to make a big discussion about it.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
There isn't one. But the "I just made this as my first attempt at a Brawl hack" Mario costume and the Star Wars reference in the description instantly made me think that somebody just make a mock-up of a previous PoTD.

And yay, Samus finally gets a color besides the Gravity Suit that doesn't look like garbage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today's pic just raise my hopes that Sakurai is working really well with alt/palletes, which means Meta Ridley is possible(just don't be like Link's SS costume)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
this was on the smash subreddit, just thought I'd post it here

Posted this two pages before you but it's definitely good enough to be posted twice.

Oh, and the thing people forget about this is he DOES get in. Here's hoping.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno, I thought the Dark Suit was fine. The lack of an orange visor aside. Though yes the star wars reference definitely threw me off too. xD

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
but the phanzon suit would have been better then the dark suit and light.. with the black/red :) I am pretty sure sakurai can modiy a little the design of ridley to have a metal roidley :) would be awsome

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
You thought Roidley had a load of unnecessary spikes, well wait till you see....

COMMERCIALEY

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm mostly hoping that if he is playable, he'll get a Zero Mission and Meta Ridley color swaps. But Metroid 1 Ridley would be a bit weird alternate costume. I don't know, something about the neon green stands out. So I guess that's something.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You thought Roidley had a load of unnecessary spikes, well wait till you see....

COMMERCIALEY
You know...That model isn't half-bad.

Maybe it's the longer legs that make him look less steroid-abusive and more like a BAMF Space Dragon. It looks like he could stand upright and look imposing rather than silly.

And it's a decent Smash Bros. size. Lil' Samus comes up to Ridley's knee, and we know how tall an Amazon Samus is.

I MAY need some size comparisons with lil' Samus and Adult Samus to make sure.

Top Bottom