• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0245.JPG

Pheww...another part done....nearly going to finish this thing....sketchy

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I don't understand how people advocate Daisy and Shadow as completely unique characters, but are so bent on the illusion that Ridley would 100% be a clone of Charizard.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't understand how people advocate Daisy and Shadow as completely unique characters, but are so bent on the illusion that Ridley would 100% be a clone of Charizard.
Don't forget Dark Samus, Dark Pit, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, and Proto-Man. All 500% unique. Ridley just needs to stop being such a blatant palette swap of Charizard.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
People are just narrow-minded about Ridley in general.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Don't forget Dark Samus, Dark Pit, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, and Proto-Man. All 500% unique. Ridley just needs to stop being such a blatant palette swap of Charizard.
Hey, Dark Samus and Dixie Kong both have potential to be interesting characters! The rest, however, are pretty much mediocre.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hey, Dark Samus and Dixie Kong both have potential to be interesting characters! The rest, however, are pretty much mediocre.
That wasn't the point. Obviously going just off design and name it would be easy to assume cloneyness in comparison to Ridley whose only similarity with Charizard is... Well I guess they have wings? And a tail? They also have two eyes, teeth, scales, feet... uhh.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The Gematsu Plus "Leak" is as good as dead.

But I never put much stock in it anyways, considering that we already have enough evidence hinting towards Ridley's inclusion. My only disappointment is that we're probably not getting Isaac. :(

Hong

The Strongest
The Gematsu Plus "Leak" is as good as dead.

But I never put much stock in it anyways, considering that we already have enough evidence hinting towards Ridley's inclusion. My only disappointment is that we're probably not getting Isaac. :(
You'd be wise.

Best be impartial with so called "leak" information. There are literally hundreds of them throughout the history of Smash's speculation. Ridley is too big to hide behind curtains; when we get him, he'll be bursting through a wall.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Went to check the Smash Bros. site and saw this

Let's hope it's something Ridley Big

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman

I did not like Sakurai's miiverse comment about this, he said we are nearing the bottom of the stash of newcomer trailers, and the Gematsu 3 are probably going to happen. Probably just paranoid though.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
3 months left
3 gematsu characters

If Gematsu are our final newcomers then that means only 2 or 1 newcomer will be hidden. Does this confirm more newcomers besides the Gematsu 3? I say yes.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
3 months left
3 gematsu characters

If Gematsu are our final newcomers then that means only 2 or 1 newcomer will be hidden. Does this confirm more newcomers besides the Gematsu 3? I say yes.
Hopefully, but didn't Sakurai say all the newcomers are getting trailers? hopefully there is at least 4 left.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I did not like Sakurai's miiverse comment about this, he said we are nearing the bottom of the stash of newcomer trailers, and the Gematsu 3 are probably going to happen. Probably just paranoid though.
Nothing against the Gematsu 3 left (if they are real or not), but I personally don't see any of them being hyped like this, maybe the Chorus Men or Shulk (not sure how much hype they have personally, but Chorus Men seem big in Japan from what I heard), but I don't see it for Chrom.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I know we shouldn't, but it will be hard to not hype this announcement.

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
would be at the same day he talk about ridley and pyrosphere tehn saying I am kidding this is the new BIG commer

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
They all do have potential, albeit it really is just a few move differences. Proto-Man is the only one out of those that I see as remotely likely to not be a clone (if MegaMan could have multiple reps). That wasn't a joke, I'm dead serious.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh ****in hell

Now I'm not gonna sleep all weekend, knowing there'll be a character announcement on Monday

and it's at 10am where I am, so I'll have to wait like 3 hours after I get to work, too.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
If all 3 gematsu characters are revealed before release, then that would mean the leaker was only part of the marketing team, and considering that we have always had at least 4 secret newcomers not known before release. I think this actually helps Ridley''s chances.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I too won't get my hopes up for a possible Ridley announcement. For me it always was either at E3 2014, or Gamescom 2014 (which I'll visit, yay :p ) or he will remain hidden until the games release.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

This is the point in time where every thread on this forum hopes and wishes for it to be their thread-centric character. I'll be waiting here with the rest of the Ridley forum hoping for a big purple surprise.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If all 3 gematsu characters are revealed before release, then that would mean the leaker was only part of the marketing team, and considering that we have always had at least 4 secret newcomers not known before release. I think this actually helps Ridley''s chances.
3 newcomers in 2 months? Seems a bit of a stretch, but I'll take any silver lining at this point.

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
We gonna hype dis through da roof for dat 1% chance of a Ridley reveal!

I'm going to be out of town that day though :( Does anyone know if it's possible to watch this stream from an iPhone? 'Cause I think that's all I'm going to have access to.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I doubt it's Ridley. Such a character would best be saved as a last-minute hypemaker.
I agree, but all the same

I can't stop the hype

I'm going to be out of town that day though :( Does anyone know if it's possible to watch this stream from an iPhone? 'Cause I think that's all I'm going to have access to.
I actually have my hour long weekly meeting at work starting at 10am but it's like the whole floor and I don't need to talk for at least 20 minutes so I'll be watching on my phone xD

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It being Ridley could actually explain why they're doing it this way. Newcomers have always been revealed by trailer in nintendo directs, but this way, Sakurai has a chance to explain the newcomer, which he would have to if it was Ridley because so many people think he's confirmed as a stage hazard. I'm feeling good about this being Ridley, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

lilt

Smash Journeyman

I watched the whole Smash Direct back in April on phone 'cause my internet broke. In that regard I guess it should work this time, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom