• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Staarih

Smash Master
I just can't expect anything else than one of the Gematsu-leak characters.

But secretly hoping it's indeed Ridley, or heck, something other than the remaining Gematsu-three just to mix things up a bit.

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
It would be such a relief if we got a newcomer that's not on the Gematsu leak.
That would definitely leave the door more open for Ridley to fit through.

Last edited:

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
I watched the whole April Direct on phone 'cause my internet broke. In that regard I guess it should work this time, too.
Awesome, good to hear. I was worried since I've never had to watch on my phone before. I know I could always watch it later, but if it's not live, it's not hype! :happysheep:

(inb4 i'm screaming with new character hype early in the morning while my granny is sleeping)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's kind of wierd that Ridley is so asociated with the word big. After playing most metroid games I'd asociate him more with fast than big. He's like the small, fast boss in metroid.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

Please don't say this build up is just for a character like Chrom

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The whole "we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos" really worries me guys. I mean...3 is pretty low...what if....blah, I don't want to think about that

I BELIEVE IN YOU RIDLEY!

NatP

Smash Ace
Entertain me here for a second guys. What newcomer would you say actually deserves his very own 3 minute video separate from a Nintendo Direct? Other than Ridley of course.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Entertain me here for a second guys. What newcomer would you say actually deserves his very own 3 minute video separate from a Nintendo Direct? Other than Ridley of course.
Ridley is the obvious pick, and I do hope its Ridley. Right now, though, I'm expecting Shulk and hoping for Ridley. :p But I do agree, Ridley is the most hype worthy character of all to announce in a 3 minute video like this not to mention hyping it up for a whole ****ing weekend.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Shulk would be a good one.

He has some interesting spoiler-ish abilities in Xenoblade and perhaps that is why he needs a 3-minute video to explain then.

Ridley would be far better, tho

samsparta21

Smash Ace
This could be it people. They're doing a livestream specifically to reveal a single newcomer. That means... dayum, the newcomer must be pretty important.

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel like Shulk and Chrom are both more suitable for actual Nintendo Directs, they could be easily tied in with information about Xenoblade X and/or SMTxFE, whether or not they're actually in those games or not, but same franchises whatsoever. It hasn't really happened before so silly reasoning, haha, but I don't know, I really want someone unexpected now. Especially since there isn't any other game info to hype about like in normal Directs: it's just a character reveal which better get us hyped.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
If it's Chrom or Chorus Men? meh
If it's Shulk? Yesss (I'm still hyped for Shulk, the Gematsu leak doesn't change that. Actually, knowing he's basically in makes me more hyped)
K. Rool? YESSSSSSSSS
Ridley?

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm over here on Twitter trying to hold up the Ridley game by myself.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
if it isnt ridley then...hmm...i would like the chorus men. it would really show off how they would play if they are a trio of characters. all though personally i think they wont be announced until the game is released for us to find out ourselves

Handy Man

Smash Ace
The only other character I can think of is King K. Rool. A lot of people are expecting him as well.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The fact that its definitely a newcomer makes me hype.

SO MUCH HYPE.

And on the night Holiday ends too.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys wait until you hear this

The trailer is going to be 3 minutes long

I really doubt one of the sal characters will get a trailer that long

I think we are looking at another double character trailer like the greninja trailer

lilt

Smash Journeyman
STAHP WITH WANTING RILDEJJJ IN SMASH!
RIDLEJ'S TOO BIG FOR SMASH YOU KNOW IT
ALSO HE'S ALREADY RESERVED TO BE
PLAYABLE IN MARIO PARTY 10 ALONGSIDE BOWSER
SO HE CANNOT BE PLAYABLE IN SMASH
ALSO HE'S TO BIG AND WOULD BE OP IN SMASH!

Last edited:

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
In all honestly, I'm actually wondering how Chrom will be like. Will he be a Wolf-type character or something more than that?
I haven't the foggiest :p Story wise he's supposed to be like Marth, if I'm not mistaken, but gameplay wise in Awakening, he doesn't fight like him. So I hope for something balanced between Marth/Ike.

Also, I like the possibility of this reveal being for more than one character. That'd be epic :D

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Guys wait until you hear this

The trailer is going to be 3 minutes long

I really doubt one of the sal characters will get a trailer that long

I think we are looking at another double character trailer like the greninja trailer
I just checked to see how long the Greninja trailer was. 2 minutes and 28 seconds. You might be right
Edit: just checked palutenas trailer and that was 3 minutes and 4 seconds...atleast the ign video. :/

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Meh, the Palutena trailer was 3 minutes. Don't be sure of anything.
Pretty much this. Obviously it's nice to remain hopeful but keep calm guys. Really, don't torture yourselves all weekend with this. It's not healthy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be torturing myself all weekend with this.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Well alright then. hoping for Ridley

I wouldn't mind a Metroid anime Ridley reveal

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
It's kind of wierd that Ridley is so asociated with the word big. After playing most metroid games I'd asociate him more with fast than big. He's like the small, fast boss in metroid.
I think Sakurai cares more about Ridley's speed then size. "He would have been slow would that be alright."

Top Bottom