• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Chrom on Monday.

Shulk will be better for the August Direct when they can hype up more X stuff.

The Chorus Kids take the role of crappy WTF characters that Sakurai saves for last.

Ridley's boss status will be confirmed by August.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know, I'm actually kind of hoping it's Chrom or Chorus Kids suddenly. If it's either of those, the haters will be shunned because their playstyles will be shown to not be literally Marth or Ice Climbers respectively like people seem to think they are.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well alright then. hoping for Ridley

I wouldn't mind a Metroid anime Ridley reveal
Ha besides the palutena trailer the the double character greninja trailer is 2:30ish long

So if its anime can't even imagen if its ridley and mewtwo in the same trailer (i know overdose of optismitizim)

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Ha besides the palutena trailer the the double character greninja trailer is 2:30ish long

So if its anime can't even imagen if its ridley and mewtwo in the same trailer (i know overdose of optismitizim)
It's going to be one newcomer, that's it. No way there's more. I think about half of it will be the trailer, and then the other half will be Sakurai talking about the newcomer and special moves etc

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Not expecting any Space Dragons on Monday. It'll be some other highly requested character like K. Rool or something to make way for the Ridley August Direct.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Not expecting any Space Dragons on Monday. It'll be some other highly requested character like K. Rool or something to make way for the Ridley August Direct.
Yeah, if they are going to reveal Ridley before the game is released it will most likely be in the August Direct.

D

Deleted member

Expecting Shulk or Mewtwo(yes, it`s not a newcomer, but still pretty hype) and hoping for Ridley, don`t believe he will be revealed though, but I`m going to explode of hype if the PotD is Pyrosphere or the trailer starts with Metroid related stuff, or maybe Sakurai doesn`t have any more way to tease Ridley and he`s going to reveal Ridley already :rolleyes:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
STAHP WITH WANTING RILDEJJJ IN SMASH!
RIDLEJ'S TOO BIG FOR SMASH YOU KNOW IT
ALSO HE'S ALREADY RESERVED TO BE
PLAYABLE IN MARIO PARTY 10 ALONGSIDE BOWSER
SO HE CANNOT BE PLAYABLE IN SMASH
ALSO HE'S TO BIG AND WOULD BE OP IN SMASH!
PLUS SAKURAI SAID HIMSELF HE'S IMPOSSIBLE LOL YOU STUPIDS HE TOTALLY DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE IN THAT INTERVIEW AND NEVER CHANGES HIS MIND ABOUT ANYTHING!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
-__- So....I will have to wait all freaking weekend just to recieve another slap in the face from Sakurai? Great....I'm still hopping and expecting Ridley....but every time I have my hopes up....It later turns into disappointment...

Last edited:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I am not so certain about that myself, what makes the August Direct more ideal? Is there a reason?
The Metroid anniversary is in August, for starters. Plus it would allow for a ton of hype closer to launch. It's possible we could see Ridley on Monday, but I think August is more likely.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
-__- So....I will wait all freaking weakeend weekend just to recieve receive another slap in the face from Sakurai? Great....I'm still hopping hoping and expecting Ridley....but every time I have my hopes up....It later turns into disapointment disappointment...
My inner grammar nazi... It hurts...
but not that much.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Chrom on Monday.

Shulk will be better for the August Direct when they can hype up more X stuff.

The Chorus Kids take the role of crappy WTF characters that Sakurai saves for last.

Ridley's boss status will be confirmed by August.
Realistically this seems pretty sound enough, sadly. Reason enough for me to not really be as hyped for Monday as I could be. Even if it's not Ridley but K. Rool or someone else not listed on Gematsu then that would definitely be good enough to blow me away, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

You know, I'm actually kind of hoping it's Chrom or Chorus Kids suddenly. If it's either of those, the haters will be shunned because their playstyles will be shown to not be literally Marth or Ice Climbers respectively like people seem to think they are.
I don't hate them; I just don't care for them as characters either way, gameplay clones or not. See where you're coming from though. Those people should be shut up if they're indeed not gonna be clones. Whatever the case..

*goes back to sleep for awhile*

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
THE PIC... err... quote of the day... triggered me. In all seriousness, I doubt it's Ridley. I think we're getting Chorus Men on Monday.

AndreaAC

My inner grammar nazi... It hurts...
but not that much.
=___= OK. first of all, I KNOW I have grammatical errors, and I'm half asleep so I didn't notice, second, I'm not an English-Speaker, I'm from MÉXICO...I speak SPANISH....so it is common for me to have those errors...

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
-__- So....I will wait all freaking weekend just to recieve another slap in the face from Sakurai? Great....I'm still hopping and expecting Ridley....but every time I have my hopes up....It later turns into disapointment...
I mean, some people on this thread have been going through that since 2006.... so....

=___= OK. first of all, I KNOW I have grammatical errors, and I'm half asleep so I didn't notice, second. I'm not an English-Speaker, I'm from MÉXICO...
Geeze @ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime , stop being such a jerk. :smirk:

What about

Thank you, just trying to keep us Ridley fans high.
I'm actually going to be busy most of the weekend, I might be able to catch some footage at the end, but I won't be able to keep up with it live.

I don't usually watch these kinds of things live anyways, honestly.

Last edited:

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
It might actually be Chrom, as the 15th (the day of the trailer here, or the day after for those in other regions) is the 4 year anniversary of the release of Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū.
And while Chrom wasn't in that particular FE game, just remember Ike was confirmed for Smash 4 on the anniversary of FE: The Sacred Stones, a FE game that Ike wasn't in.

EDIT: I am 100 percent sure Ridley is playable in Smash 4, just doubt he will be next week's reveal.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I mean, some people on this thread have been going through that since 2006.... so....

Geeze @ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime , stop being such a jerk. :smirk:
:/ Hmm...yeah, you are right about that....I even remember visiting the old Ridley thread (when Brawl was already released, I guess...) and saw the comments about the update of Ridley's theme on the website...and it really hurt me...everyone with their hopes up....to later see the disappointing truth.....

=__= It's fine...I later noticed the errors....I know I got a little upset, but it was because I'm on a really bad mood after waking up....

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It might actually be Chrom, as the 15th (the day of the trailer here, or the day after for those in other regions) is the 4 year anniversary of the release of Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū.
And while Chrom wasn't in that particular FE game, just remember Ike was confirmed for Smash 4 on the anniversary of FE: The Sacred Stones, a FE game that Ike wasn't in.

EDIT: I am 100 percent sure Ridley is playable in Smash 4, just doubt he will be next week's reveal.
Some people think it's Shulk because Yuichiro Takeda who worked on Xenoblade Chronicles retweeted the Smash Character announcement. Seems like that's a solid bet.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Holy crap.

Here I was, expecting a crappy weekend when Sakurai hits me with this. Nintendo, please don't let me down!

(Because I don't want this to be like the Smash Direct.)

Some people think it's Shulk because Yuichiro Takeda who worked on Xenoblade Chronicles retweeted the Smash Character announcement. Seems like that's a solid bet.

Makes sense. So I guess this means that yet another Gematsu character is in.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
It just seems perfect for it to be Ridley. A big trailer for a big fellow. The trailer has its own livestream without a direct. Ridley is known for suprises (Super Metroid, Metroid Prime 1&3, Other M)

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So hey, I was checking the official page to see what the PotD was an HOLY HELL NEW CHARACTER ON MONDAY.

AAAAAH!!

TO HELL WITH SCHOOL, IMMA GONNA BE A BAD BOI AND WATCH DAT ****!!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
So hey, I was checking the official page to see what the PotD was an HOLY HELL NEW CHARACTER ON MONDAY.

AAAAAH!!

TO HELL WITH SCHOOL, IMMA GONNA BE A BAD BOI AND WATCH DAT ****!!
Spongebob, the aliens would like a word with you.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Well, there goes my already little hope for Ridley-Monday. Good for Shulk supporters.
Good for me, since I'll stay super calm all weekend, not caring about the announcement at all.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Makes sense. So I guess this means that yet another Gematsu character is in.
Yes, that is most likely the case. But it may be worth keeping in mind that the most likely non-Gematsu characters (which I would say are Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo) are all pretty good secret character material. I would say that it's unlikely that we would see them revealed prior to the release date.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So if Shulk is revealed Monday, we're left with two more Gematsu newcomers. August is the anniversary month for Rhythm Heaven, which makes me believe that Chorus Men will be revealed then. But Chrom...I have no idea, so I'm presuming that he'll get his own video as well before release.

Could Ridley be one of the (presumably speaking) four unlockable newcomers for this game? It's hard for me to say this, because these characters are usually low-priority.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Gematsu plus leak fake? But guys! Obviously they have legitimate information if Wario is in the game. :troll: They probably just have out of date information, we should give them another chance.

Jokes aside, what? We're getting a newcomer intro video on monday? 0_0 I mean yeah I see it on the website, but whaaat? What even is Monday? In terms of anniversaries or releases?

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Gematsu plus leak fake? But guys! Obviously they have legitimate information if Wario is in the game. :troll: They probably just have out of date information, we should give them another chance.

Jokes aside, what? We're getting a newcomer intro video on monday? 0_0 I mean yeah I see it on the website, but whaaat? What even is Monday? In terms of anniversaries or releases?
It's Ridley :samus::happysheep::006:He is confirmed to be a clone of all 3.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Spongebob, the aliens would like a word with you.
Aliens? Big reptile-insect-something aliens? Big-purple-alien-dragon?

Anyway, i expect "meh, could have been something better.", hope for "yay!" and pray that is is not "F***ING *insert name of some kind of a ret***ed character*?!". The only character left from my most wanted characters for Smash 4 is obviously Ridley and his disconfirmation will be like a FALCON...PUNCH! and Knee of Justice into my face instead of a slap.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I'd wager the reveal Monday is going to be Shulk or Chrom. It seems to be the most likely course of action following the 'Gematsu is life, Gematsu is love' trend.

However, since I don't care for either of them as they are not reptillian pirates, I will still hold out hope that it's Ridley or K. Rool. A small bit of hope, but hope nonetheless.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not even going to bet on this other than doubt that it's Ridley. xD All I know is if it's only at 9am I'll have slept through it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
=___= OK. first of all, I KNOW I have grammatical errors, and I'm half asleep so I didn't notice, second, I'm not an English-Speaker, I'm from MÉXICO...I speak SPANISH....so it is common for me to have those errors...
HUZZAH NOW I KNOW 2 PEOPLE WITH MEXICAN BACKGROUND ON THE NET!!!

But to be honest, after you guys mentioned Shulks seiyuu doing something, I am prepared for it...Yet if there is no You will know our names I will riot

Top Bottom