• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Yep. It [the countdown] is already on the Sm4sh website.

Edit: Best part about what's known so far about this reveal (which is almost absolutely nothing) is that if finally falls in a timeframe where my college classes aren't conflicting with the reveal.
Where? I cant see it!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'd think with a Ridley reveal Sakurai would need to address the stage boss -thing as well, and I'm not sure if that'll fit in this 3-minute-slot, which feels to me like nothing more than a character trailer like Palutena, Little Mac or Rosalina. I'm personally expecting Shulk like every other person here haha.

Or then making up excuses like this is to help me NOT get my hopes up and go and expect Ridley, just to be disappointed afterwards for being forced to wait yet again...
He doesn't want anyone to expect Ridley, so that he can reveal him. Ridley is kinda good with suprises.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wait a minute, I just read the NintendoLife article regarding the matter and they say that there will be an actual countdown before the reveal. You know what franchise involves a lot of countdowns? Metroid. :awesome:
I can imagine this countdown:
"3!...2!...1!..." *Earth and Zebes explode*
Or:
"3!...2!...1!..." *cue the Ridley reveal trailer, but when his name or just his leg is shown...Earth and Zebes explode*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The trailer is 3 minutes long, correct?

Well, that would be (kind of obvious) the longest trailer we've had thus far for a single newcomer trailer, at approximately 15 seconds above the current longest one being Palutena's.

I'm praying for Ridley, although I'm doubting it, again because I believe Sakurai will drag the trolling out until the game is released.

Back to the trailer length, considering it is roughly 15 seconds longer than the longest one we've had, I imagine we will get a veteran reveal or two or possibly a little bit longer showcase of the character.

Or worst case scenario, we only get the one newcomer with an extended amount of cinematics leading up to the actual reveal/teaser stuff at the very end.

On an unrelated character note I would love to see Robin in this trailer.

I'm expecting to see one of the Gematsu characters, leaning towards Shulk more than the other two.

Apologies in advance if this is too off-topic for the Ridley thread (since the trailer is more general newcomer as opposed to Ridley specific, since Ridley's pre-release status reveal seems quite unlikely at this point).

Also, I know that this trailer is streaming pretty early on Monday Morning (7:00 am PST) but perhaps we will see a PotD that teases the character in some way (assuming there is one)?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Can't wait for Sakurai to reveal not Ridley, nor gematsu char, nor K. Rool or Isaac, but instead Goku

R0Y

Smash Master
Nah, this is the first time he tweeted about a Smash-related Direct/streaming/whatever. Soraya Saga did tweet about this kind of stuff in the past, tho.

Neither of them are that popular here or in Japan, to be fair :p
Little mac is huge in North America... You can hear the Punch-Out theme in sports stadiums and average Jill's and Joe's know about Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I suppose nothing out there directly says Nintendo has an announcement at EVO. Just that there happens to be announcements after the Smash finals and Nintendo just happens to be sponsoring. Also apparently people from the Nintendo Treehouse were spotted. But nothing concretely saying they're making an announcement at EVO.

As for the Xeno-series tweet, apparently the retweeter is not the director.

Yuichiro Takeda is one of the series writers. Tetsuya Takahashi is the current series director. Additionally, it's been the director's wife (Soraya Saga) who's done the tweeting prior to a major announcement.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, July 16th is my birthday, C'MON SAKURAI! GIVE ME SOMETHING BIG!

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Never been a huge Ridley fan, but I just wanted to wish you guys luck.
If we don't end up getting K.Rool, I'd much rather Ridley over Chrom or Shulk.

D

Deleted member

I just saw someone saw he doesn't want Ridley because he doesn't want to be bashed by us...seriously, Ridley was OK until I found out how much everyone bashed you guys, so I became a bigger fan
Then, he should accept Ridley chances and apologize before he's revealed

D

Deleted member

Well, apparently there've been like 3 retweets of sakurai's announcement from xenoblade people...

so probably not Ridley.
Inb4 the "xenoblade people" had their accounts highjacked by Metroid people who were actually the ones who retweeted the announcement. :awesome:

Straw Grasping feels weird.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Inb4 the "xenoblade people" had their accounts highjacked by Metroid people who were actually the ones who retweeted the announcement. :awesome:

Straw Grasping feels weird.
At least there are plenty of straws to go around.:troll:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Man, if we had any legitimate nods towards a Ridley reveal this Monday, what would they have been? A tweet from Team Ninja, perhaps?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Who's to say that the Xenoblade people arn't doing this to throw us off? Similar to the April Direct.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all. Well, with a new set of Moveset videos on the way, I decided to go ahead and re-draw the speculated newcomers, and of course, there's Ridley:

SSB4Ridley.jpg

Also, what's this about a reveal exactly?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Man, if we had any legitimate nods towards a Ridley reveal this Monday, what would they have been? A tweet from Team Ninja, perhaps?
They're Doing Hyrule Warriors Now. It'd be like Retro saying something, assuming Metroid, when they've been working on DK

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Can someone who knows how to words help me here?

Whenever I load up the site, a livestream vid pops up at the very top. Clicking on it causes it to play the countdown.
And YouTube always counts down to livestreams like that.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Who's to say that the Xenoblade people arn't doing this to throw us off? Similar to the April Direct.
If I remember correctly, only one Xeno person (director's wife) tweeted, and she's been tweeting for most of the Smash-related events. This time around several X people are tweeting, so chances are it'll be Shulk. The real shame is that I normally would be elated for Shulk, but that stupid leak killed any surprise his inclusion would have had. Sigh...

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Good afternoon all. Well, with a new set of Moveset videos on the way, I decided to go ahead and re-draw the speculated newcomers, and of course, there's Ridley:

View attachment 17928
Also, what's this about a reveal exactly?
New Moveset Videos, You Say? I know she's an Assist Now, but could you do one for Isabelle? You said that you'd make a moveset video for her, and it seems you never got around to it. I'm genuinely curious about what you had in mind.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So guys

I'm thinking, big reveal this Monday

if you know what I mean

almost too

big

to handle

so
big

that'll it'll shake people to the core

almost too
big

I'm here all week

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So guys

I'm thinking, big reveal this Monday

if you know what I mean

almost too

big

to handle

so
big

that'll it'll shake people to the core

almost too
big

I'm here all week
Part of that link got censored.

It doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Its probably Shulk, he's cool and all and I love Xenoblade but I just hope Ridley & King K Rool get the treatment they deserve and be playable.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
It's totally Ridley, the Xenoblade people are under Sakurai's mind control so that they tweet everything and make you think it's Shulk and then BAM RIDLEY!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well so far pointing toward shulk due to a xeno person tweeting about this monday thing.

But only 1 person so far.

We will have to wait for who it will be.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Never been a huge Ridley fan, but I just wanted to wish you guys luck.
If we don't end up getting K.Rool, I'd much rather Ridley over Chrom or Shulk.
Well why thank you <('u'<)
If Ridley were to be a boss I hope that K Rool fans will kick Samus *** for us from time to time.

Top Bottom