• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's totally Ridley, the Xenoblade people are under Sakurai's mind control so that they tweet everything and make you think it's Shulk and then BAM RIDLEY!
While I think we can probably rule out the possibility of mind control, I think it is possible that the reveal may end up being someone other than Shulk. The tweets are pretty telling signs, but Sakurai is pretty unpredictable, and we've read evidence about newcomer reveals wrong before.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Well, apparently there've been like 3 retweets of sakurai's announcement from xenoblade people...

so probably not Ridley.

(Slightly unrelated)But I really don't get why people think it's Chrom, nothing against him getting into Smash 4, but unless he has some ground breaking new mechanic like Little Mac, or a diverse moveset like Mii Fighters and Palutena, I really really don't see him getting hyped, but some people think he is, can someone please explain, what am I missing?

I'll happily take Shulk or Chorus men, even if I personally don't think Chorus men is worth the hype.

My Money's on Shulk or Ridley, but seems more like Shulk now

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
(Slightly unrelated)But I really don't get why people think it's Chrom, nothing against him getting into Smash 4, but unless he has some ground breaking new mechanic like Little Mac, or a diverse moveset like Mii Fighters and Palutena, I really really don't see him getting hyped, but some people think he is, can someone please explain, what am I missing?

I'll happily take Shulk or Chorus men, even if I personally don't think Chorus men is worth the hype.
For the same reason some people think it's Ridley
they want the character

D

Deleted member

While I think we can probably rule out the possibility of mind control, I think it is possible that the reveal may end up being someone other than Shulk. The tweet is a pretty telling sign, but Sakurai is pretty unpredictable, and we've read evidence about newcomer reveals wrong before.

Referring to Ridley and Shulk in the same reveal trailer.

If only this was actually possible. :c

Until then I'll keep dreaming.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
has anyone been on the SmashBoards facebook page? they posted the news about monday and said could it be ridley. so many back lashes there :/

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
And YouTube always counts down to livestreams like that.
Oh. I've never watched a Yotube livestream before, so I was unaware. Still, it IS a countdown nonetheless, just not the most exciting kind.
So what would you guys do if the PotD Monday before the announcement was on the pyrosphere

xD
I'd feel like Sakurai was kicking puppies. And we were the puppies.:troll:

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No, there've been multiple tweets

shulk's voiceactor tweeting something about a secret project, too. I think more of the company also tweeted it.
Well yea but theres one problem that prooves shulk is not a lock for monday

NO ONE I MEAN NOBODY CAN PREDICT SAKURAI ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

Referring to Ridley and Shulk in the same reveal trailer.

If only this was actually possible. :c

Until then I'll keep dreaming.
Ridley vs Shulk, I'd buy it lol

Saying that, maybe we get a veteran reveal as well (seems unlikely though)

Xhampi

Smash Lord
No, don't take it out on her. Make a Sakurai Mii, then we can all have our fun. :demon:
Not a bad idea but it means that I would have to buy the game if Ridley isn't playable, which is not happening.

If Ridley is playable tough then I will have some Ridley & Sakurai VS Samus & Pikachu battles, I like that idea =D

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Well yea but theres one problem that prooves shulk is not a lock for monday

NO ONE I MEAN NOBODY CAN PREDICT SAKURAI ITS IMPOSSIBLE.
Buh, buh, but what if someone could predict Sakurai, but using his insane powers of Masahiro Unpredictable, he rewrites reality so that never happened. And can never happen again.:awesome:

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda nervous for Mondays PotD, if it is Pyrosphere/Metroid related in general i feel like my hopes are going to go up even more for it being Ridley, just to be let down hard if it turns out to be Shulk (not that he wouldn't be a cool character)

D

Deleted member

So what would you guys do if the PotD Monday before the announcement was on the pyrosphere

xD
If Ridley is not revealed in the trailer:

(I am aware of the whole PotD's not relating to trailer content, for those that thought I wasn't, I'll still be perturbed though)

@ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee is this acceptable?

:awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I really don't think it will be Shulk, only because that's what everyone expects. Sakurai NEVER does what everyone expects. If there's a lot of evidence for the announcment to be Shulk, it's evidence that it's anyone but Shulk in my mind. I still doubt it's Ridley, maybe just because that would be too good to be true, so my money's on one of the other two gematsu characters.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If Ridley is not revealed in the trailer:

(I am aware of the whole PotD's not relating to trailer content, for those that thought I wasn't, I'll still be perturbed though)
That'll be my reaction regardless to who's revealed.

If it's Ridley, it'll be a boo-yah moment.

If it's gematsu, it'll be a dammit moment

suffice to say, it will certainly make for an interesting staff meeting.

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda nervous for Mondays PotD, if it is Pyrosphere/Metroid related in general i feel like my hopes are going to go up even more for it being Ridley, just to be let down hard if it turns out to be Shulk (not that he wouldn't be a cool character)
Probably it will just be a random pic of Kirby shi**ing rainbows.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I honestly wouldn't put much thought into it. The PotDs before a character announcement don't really connect to the newcomer in question.
Remember the Pic of the Day on the day of the SSB4 Direct?
Pikachu on a Normal Box, a Future Box beside it, and a Present Box beside that.
Pokemon Veteran in :4charizard:, Newcomer in :4greninja:, and release windows/Smash Run.
Sakurai knows what he's doing. ;)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Hmm yeah I'm really not betting on it being Ridley. I feel like Ridley's reveal was planned for over a year. The exact way he would announce him. Sakurai's post implies that they won't have enough directs in between now and release to reveal all the newcomers they want to before launch. So they got this little "reveal" together super quick for Monday. Ridley is either secret or in August direct.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Hey you stole my name for him.
Consider it borrowed unethically.
Hey cool! The direct is on my country's national da-

Also, Sakurai TOLD US we would get a new character, not getting what we want is gonna be a huge punch in the stomach...
I meant gaming related importance, but yeah a country's national day is important for reveals too...
Maybe he just wanted to spice up how boring Mondays are for pic O'days...

Edit: Happy (early) Bastille Day (am I correct about that being the name?) to France.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember the Pic of the Day on the day of the SSB4 Direct?
Pikachu on a Normal Box, a Future Box beside it, and a Present Box beside that.
Pokemon Veteran in :4charizard:, Newcomer in :4greninja:, and release windows/Smash Run.
Sakurai knows what he's doing. ;)

Whaaaaaaaaaaat.
I never even thought about that.

*Mind Explodes*

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
So what if the reason we are getting a newcomer out of the blue is that sakurai gave up on trying to hype Ridley and really wants to end all the arguments right away.

Top Bottom