• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Hmm yeah I'm really not betting on it being Ridley. I feel like Ridley's reveal was planned for over a year. The exact way he would announce him. Sakurai's post implies that they won't have enough directs in between now and release to reveal all the newcomers they want to before launch. So they got this little "reveal" together super quick for Monday. Ridley is either secret or in August direct.
B-but what if this is the way he planned it? Incredibly underwhelming so it causes all the more hype? (Pessimist's reward)

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Remember the Pic of the Day on the day of the SSB4 Direct?
Pikachu on a Normal Box, a Future Box beside it, and a Present Box beside that.
Pokemon Veteran in :4charizard:, Newcomer in :4greninja:, and release windows/Smash Run.
Sakurai knows what he's doing. ;)
Do Zero Suit Samus and Sheik really fit in one box with Charizard? O.o

Last edited:

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Dangit Sakurai! I was somehow able to escape the clutches of this thread only for you to announce there will be a new character ONE WEEK LATER! So I decided to check in on this thread again and... I'm screwed. CAN"T...LEAVE...MUST...SUPPORT...RIDLEY.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Someone commenting on my Ridley speculation video is trying to tell me that Ridely is deconfimed because he can tell from 8 second clip that he will be overpowered. I and refused to accepted that fact 8 second of a character's shadow is not enough to tell anything about a character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKzGCJI90E4
can someone please help me explain this to him.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Dangit Sakurai! I was somehow able to escape the clutches of this thread only for you to announce there will be a new character ONE WEEK LATER! So I decided to check in on this thread again and... I'm screwed. CAN"T...LEAVE...MUST...SUPPORT...RIDLEY.
you can never escape ridley

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So what if the reason we are getting a newcomer out of the blue is that sakurai gave up on trying to hype Ridley and really wants to end all the arguments right away.
I doubt that, he's definitely not checking on it every day and letting it get to his head like we are. At most he's just planning his next move to screw with us.

Someone commenting on my Ridley speculation video is trying to tell me that Ridely is deconfimed because he can tell from 8 second clip that he will be overpowered. I and refused to accepted that fact 8 second of a character's shadow is not enough to tell anything about a character.
Can't explain anything to a Youtube Commentor, for the most part it's not much different from Miiverse.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Man, if we had any legitimate nods towards a Ridley reveal this Monday, what would they have been? A tweet from Team Ninja, perhaps?
A tweet from Sakamoto. :troll:
/irony of the decade

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
i see where hes getting at, but i gave my logical answer to his complaint concern

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Anyone else find it weird how in the clip where we see "Ridley"'s shadow, he moves Slower than Pikachu's walk speed? If he's playable, he certainly is slow, for a space dragon who spends his life flying.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Its better to stay as far away as possible from a youtuber/gamefaqer/miiverser

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Anyone else find it weird how in the clip where we see "Ridley"'s shadow, he moves Slower than Pikachu's walk speed? If he's playable, he certainly is slow, for a space dragon who spends his life flying.
You can't exactly have a completely flying character, how would they be hit underneath? But still, the flying speed is quite slow, maybe it's his air walk? Are air walks a thing?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You can't exactly have a completely flying character, how would they be hit underneath? But still, the flying speed is quite slow, maybe it's his air walk? Are air walks a thing?
Peach and PM Mewtwo have it, so I don't see it being out of the question for Ridley to fly around when he wants.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Someday, someone, will have to explain me how some people can say that...... :
-Palutena gliding at full speed on a huge distance, running faster than Sonic and having insane range on some of her attacks = Perfectly reasonable because Palutena is tall and light ,

But

-Ridley flying for 6 seconds at Pikachu's walking speed while being a huge target = Most OP character ever even if he was slow, not very good on the ground as well than the widdest and tallest playable character in the game.

.....And not see what's wrong with their logic.

And no, that wasn't directed at anyone here, just something that I had to get out of my system since I see a lot of people saying that Ridley would be broken on other sites.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
-Palutena gliding at full speed on a huge distance, running faster than Sonic and having insane range on some of her attacks = Perfectly reasonable because Palutena is tall and light ,

But

-Ridley flying for 6 seconds at Pikachu's walking speed while being a huge target = Most OP character ever even if he was slow, not very good on the ground as well than the widdest and tallest playable character in the game.

And no, that wasn't directed at anyone here, just something that I had to get out of my system since I see a lot of people saying that Ridley would be broken on other sites.
The world may never know. *insert Ridley with a Tootsie Pop for a head here*

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

But

I see where you're coming from, but Palutenas gliding and speed only come from customizable special moves... And her range is great, but knock-back and ending lag could be issues.
I think Ridley would be a fine addition though, most people arguing most likely simply don't want to see him for whatever reason. Just ignore them.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, now I can finally make this joke:

Sorry, I just wanted to do that since weeks. (it should be obvious).

So, since Sakurai decided to announce a newcomer Monday and that I need to update my essay on Ridley, I will do it tomorrow. However, I'm going to warn you that this will probably be the longest post I've ever written on the forums. It's based on my old one but my explanation as to why I think he's pretty likely to be playable is VERY LONG. I'll also talk more about how that argument didn't make sense to be believed (this also includes an overall view on that infamous video). I'll also change the way I present some evidences like the behaviour Sakurai had in the direct: instead of saying that it proves that he cares for his fans (which is true), I'll tell that it proves how he could have planned that direct to a point when hiding his playability like this is very possible. There's enough other evidences that proves that he does care for us but not acknowledging Ridley while he did for other less popular characters is almost impossible (that or you're blind lol).

And of course, Earthbound sanctuary guardians will be there (just that is worth the read).

Let's try to get more likes than last time (my old essay is currently my most liked message).

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0246.JPG

I'm nearly done....with this...just a few more....sketchy

EDIT: I know I forgot some details and stuff...but I did it so fast I didn't notice....and I know the Assassin's name is writen "Altaïr" but I didn't find the double pointed "I".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

=__= GOD DAMN IT, WHO SAID IT WAS A SHIPPING THING?! IT IS NOT!
Come on Andrea you know how this works:

Any picture of Ridley + [X Video Game Character] = SHIP*

This holds especially true if they are actually talking to/interacting with one another.

The only other relationship I refuse to ship is Ridley x Roidley because it is technically incest, which disgusts me.

I also frown upon Samus x Ridley because of the fact that it completely contradicts their canon relationship.

*Pink because Romantic Color/Subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Remember the Pic of the Day on the day of the SSB4 Direct?
Pikachu on a Normal Box, a Future Box beside it, and a Present Box beside that.
Pokemon Veteran in :4charizard:, Newcomer in :4greninja:, and release windows/Smash Run.
Sakurai knows what he's doing. ;)
well damn Sakurai is one sly dog

Top Bottom