• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
The Dragon of the mods? I can live with that.
aero? a space dragon? pffff more like space puppy

well i mean a space puppy that barks and does angry faces a lot but a puppy nonetheless <: (ily aeror don't ban me pls)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Remember kids! You all want to grow up and be awesome space pirates like Ridley, but don't screw up and end up like this guy ^

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
aero? a space dragon? pffff more like space puppy

well i mean a space puppy that barks and does angry faces a lot but a puppy nonetheless <: (ily aeror don't ban me pls)
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO SAY THAT. SENATOR/MODERATOR SUPERIOUR, NORMAL USER INFERIOUR. ALL HAIL RIDLEY ANYWAY. RIDLEY SUPERIOUR, TOOBIGOTS INFERIOUR...and humans...except for Samus...
They're about the same size. New Bowser got told off by his chiropractor though so he stands up straighter.
In Brawl, he is bigger than Samus, but in Sm4sh, he is barely taller than Samus (if not shorter) even when standing straight.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
In Brawl, he is bigger than Samus, but in Sm4sh, he is barely taller than Samus (if not shorter) even when standing straight.
I was not aware of this

Maybe it's a combination of Samus getting a bit bigger and Bowser getting a bit smaller. Samus is pretty tall, she's only slightly shorter than ridley.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
What I want (and expect) in the August Direct:
1 - Nintendo announcing the NA release of Metroid: Zero Mission in Wii U Eshop
2 - Some development gameplay on the new titles revealed in E3 2014
3 -And for the final moment

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Yes please!

OT: I wonder how they'd handle a Zero Mission VC release, since it has the NES Metroid as an unlockable

Hong

The Strongest
Yes! Ridley makes his stunning debut as an item in Smash Bros. Pressing A near Ridley does not pick him up, instead he picks you up and you become his item.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
OT: I wonder how they'd handle a Zero Mission VC release, since it has the NES Metroid as an unlockable
It's already on the Japanese VC, but I'm not sure how it's handled there. I think GBA games are more expensive than NES games though, so I guess it could be considered a bonus for buying Zero Mission. Not like there's any reason to buy the original anymore with the remake being on the E-Shop anyways.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
It's already on the Japanese VC, but I'm not sure how it's handled there. I think GBA games are more expensive than NES games though, so I guess it could be considered a bonus for buying Zero Mission. Not like there's any reason to buy the original anymore with the remake being on the E-Shop anyways.
Oh you are right, now I see it launched last month. GBA games are more expensive than NES ans some even SNES games because they come with the original instruction booklet. NoA usually sucks at eShop promotions, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a discount :p

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
This is kind of off topic but I wasn't online when this happened. The Shokio video was mainly to get discussion going, I'm not saying that I completely agree with what he said. In fact, I don't agree with him! I want Ridley in! That's just how Shokio does his rants, quick points and some humor (if you've never seen his other rants). So I just wanted to get that out there because my original post was a little hazy as to my opinions. Anyway, thanks for reading and replying.

I am a full supporter of Ridley

majora_787

Smash Hero
What's with youtubers stating dumb things obnoxiously as facts and protecting themselves with really crappy strawmen lately? :troll: Is that becoming a thing? Was there a youtuber meeting where everyone got together and was like "Lets all take turns making videos where we say things that are either obviously stupid or obviously wrong, insult people who disagree, and then afterwards make up some excuse about how if they disagree with me being an asshole they're just not accepting of other opinions"?

Anyway. ZM is on the Japanese VC? Why isn't it on the US VC? :\

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Yo I find it pretty logical that ridley would get confirmed in augusts:
- hype increase with 100000000000000
- more sells/pre-orders

Ridley is easily top 3 in most requested characters. If they'd announce him a month (2 months for us) before the release it's a REALLY smart move. I would fall for it for example and pre-order smash right away.

Edit: I gave up all hope after e3 (dem saltposts). But after almost 1 year teasing, palutena's confirm AND a lot of smashrun footage I'm pretty sure my ridleypitley is playable :3

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's not even normal pessimism. It's always INSANE levels of pessimism, which is why it grates so much. The "I dunno, it could go anywhere so I don't want to get my hopes up" pessimism is literally not nearly as common-feeling as the "The game is going to be garbage, good things will literally be avoided on purpose by the developers" kind of pessimism. Which is entirely why I'm so sick of it.

I can hardly stomach the pessimism enough to be pessimistic myself at this point.
This. There was someone on the roster size thread who thought we would get 40 characters at the most. People really do seem pessimistic. I thought it was just me who thought that.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This thing gets me EVERY DAMN TIME I see it.

STAHP, it's too funny/adorable for me to handle. :|
...And as you already know...Samus drops him into acid, leaving him to horribly die in a 12+ (or even 10+) game. But before dieing, he gets his skin melted off slowly along everything else except for bones and 1 or 2 eyes.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The way I see it, Sakurai seems to be hyping up Ridley to godlike levels, so I might as well let the hype overtake me and assume his playability.

So I get a tad bit annoyed when people tell me to "not get too hyped about Ridley", because is that not the intention of Sakurai? To make us excited about Space Dragons?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm starting to think its possible that all the big three will get in. I'm fairly confident in Ridley given all the teasing and dancing around saying his name, K.Rool seems likely because with kremlings in smash run and suppisedly Krusha or Klubba as a boss in smash run, they're clearly representing the kremling krew this time around. If K.Rool wasn't in it, it would seem more likely that Tiki Tong or something would be in smash run rather than a Kremling boss. Mewtwo seems likely as well, as Sakurai apparantly said he was thinking about it, which he hasn't done for any other character, and with the gematsu leak saying there was talk about cutting ness, even Jigglypuff isn't completely safe, so mewtwo definately has a chance. If those three get in, with minimal cuts from Brawl, it'll be a perfect roster imo.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
F2A571_0DA110FFC3E9A_000.gif

Ridley: "I F****** SWEAR...If you DARE to wake me up, shouting "GOOD MORNIN' BIG BRO!" again, I will use your ugly curved beak to dig your own grave...GOT IT?"

Roidley: "...o-ok!!..."

-Just something made out of boredom...

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know, I was a bit pessimistic at first about Ridley being revealed before release - he seems like prime secret character material - but no other character or series has got this much teasing. This has to lead into something.
Inb4 after his reveal Sakurai shows off the size difference between Ridley and Bowser
's shadows. :troll:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Now now, let's not get ourselves too hyped. We all remember the April Direct, right?

(Yes, I am something of a Debbie Downer, but I am a realist.)

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know, I was a bit pessimistic at first about Ridley being revealed before release - he seems like prime secret character material - but no other character or series has got this much teasing. This has to lead into something.
Inb4 after his reveal Sakurai shows off the size difference between Ridley and Bowser
's shadows. :troll:
"As you can see they're nearly identical..." :troll:

Jokes aside, I would imagine Ridley would definitely be a hidden character. But I guess there's always the chance of august?

EDIT: The april direct where I expected a newcomer, maybe one veteran, and probably nothing else unless the trailer had new stages?

And then we got significantly more than that? :awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am certain that the big 3 will be playable, they all have been teased in a way: Sakurai said he was thinking about it, when in this year's E3, he said the roster was decided from the get-go, which means he was already included, you don't tell someone you're going to consider something when you aren't going to do it; K. Rool has the Kremlings in Smash Run, if he isn't playable, then why bother bringing them back? You always have the most "relevant" enemy; and Ridley, do I need to say what has already been said here countless times?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wouldn't qualify myself as either pro or anti Ridley, I'm not a huge Metroid fan, I only ever played Metroid Prime.

That being said, I'm confident that Ridley is playable, and I will be glad for his fans that he is included if/when it happens. I guess you could colour me as pro-Ridley in the sense that I think he deserves to be playable.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was looking at some pics then... WHAT?

If you look at the pic, I circled a poster in which seems to be Ridley! Well, let's take a closer look.... shall we?
View attachment 17549
As you can see, whatever it is, has a blueish color, has wings, and has a Ridleyish head. I would like to know, what do you think this is. I tried to talk about this on the WHobby (Japanese Everything) thread, but they pushed it off as spam, or bs, or trolling. Please tell me what YOU Think. Please examine pic before opinions.
P.S. This is not a troll, this might be something!
P.P.S The zoomed in pic does look like random pixels, but really look at it, then you will notice it, you know, zooming in does that.
How on Earth did I get an alert for this?
upload_2014-7-5_12-21-46.png

And mind you I don't watch this thread. ...I'm confused.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
...K. Rool has the Kremlings in Smash Run, if he isn't playable, then why bother bringing them back? You always have the most "relevant" enemy;...
The last time K. Rool appears was in Mario Super Sluggers (2008), that's the last time we saw the Kremlings. Their last appearences were together so why split them up now?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The last time K. Rool appears was in Mario Super Sluggers (2008), that's the last time we saw the Kremlings. Their last appearences were together so why split them up now?

Apart from Krunch being in DKR, I'm pretty sure the Kremlings have never appeared in a game without K. Rool.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know, K. Rool and Ridley have a lot more in common than I thought. Both villanous, large, recurring reptiles. Who are both pirates.
Also, K. Rool is TOO BIG :troll: I'mjokingpleasedon'tcrucifyme

Last edited:
Top Bottom