• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Stillbetterthan64landmaster

Anyway. Obviously what we have here is Ridley's new form for SSB4. He was resized and had his head put on a tank. It makes sense.
I like to think that the Space Pirates, in an attempt to bring him back to life after going kablooie, simply attached his head into a cannon to see if it works better than his old dragon body.

It failed spectacularly.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I like to think that the Space Pirates, in an attempt to bring him back to life after going kablooie, simply attached his head into a cannon to see if it works better than his old dragon body.

It failed spectacularly.
Are you sure it failed? It looks pretty full-proof to me. :seuss:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Something I wanted to do earlier after seeing a similar idea elsewhere
Colonel: Be very careful Snake! Ridley is not an opponent to take lightly.

Snake: Ridley? Didn't I fight him before? This guy looks different....and a lot smaller.

Colonel: There have been many Ridleys, all beginning with the original. Ridley is one of the leaders of the Space Pirates, a group of intergalactic criminals. This Ridley is a clone created from the DNA of the previous Ridley you fought in the past.

Snake: Clone huh? Guess this one ended up getting the recessive genes then.

Colonel: Recessive or not, just being related to Ridley makes him very dangerous. His wings allow him unparalleled air mobility, and his claws will tear through you in seconds if he gets close. Don't think the battle is won if you keep him away though, as he can use a plasma breath attack that rivals even Metal Gear in power.

Snake: Can this guy even be stopped then?

Colonel: No matter how many times Ridley is revived, he's always defeated by Samus Aran and her powerful arsenal. Use your wits and arsenal Snake and you can win, just like you always do.

Snake: Hmm, guess even the most powerful of fighters are no match to a good set of gear.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Snake: Ridley? Didn't I fight him before? This guy looks different....and a lot smaller.

Colonel: There have been many Ridleys, all beginning with the original. Ridley is one of the leaders of the Space Pirates, a group of intergalactic criminals. That Ridley is a clone created from the DNA of the previous Ridley you fought in the past.

Colonel: Recessive or not, just being related to Ridley makes him very dangerous. His wings allow him unparalleled air mobility, and his claws will tear through you in seconds if he gets close. Don't think the battle is won if you keep him away though, as he can use a plasma breath attack that rivals even Metal Gear in power.

Colonel: No matter how many times Ridley is revived, he's always defeated by Samus Aran and her powerful arsenal. Use your wits and arsenal Snake and you can win, just like you always do.

Snake: Hmm, guess even the most powerful of fighters are no match to a good set of gear.
I want you to know that you are amazing for making Ridley work in Smash with the clone story.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Colonel: There have been many Ridleys, all beginning with the original. Ridley is one of the leaders of the Space Pirates, a group of intergalactic criminals. This Ridley is a clone created from the DNA of the previous Ridley you fought in the past.

I like it. There's also this codec that I found on deviantart, by UMSAuthorLava.

- Snake: What's this big dragon thing?
- Campbell: That's Ridley you're fighting. He's the commander of the Space Pirates. There's been a long and dark history of hate between him and Samus.
- Snake: What do you mean?
- Campbell: To put it bluntly, Ridley is personally responsible for the deaths of Samus's parents. Ever since that day he led the attack on her home colony, her blood boils every time she sees him.
- Snake: A vengeful grudge...That's one of the worst sins you can steep into.
- Campbell: It's one of those things soldiers can't escape from, I'm afraid.

Neo Zero

I like it. There's also this codec that I found on deviantart, by UMSAuthorLava.

- Snake: What's this big dragon thing?
- Campbell: That's Ridley you're fighting. He's the commander of the Space Pirates. There's been a long and dark history of hate between him and Samus.
- Snake: What do you mean?
- Campbell: To put it bluntly, Ridley is personally responsible for the deaths of Samus's parents. Ever since that day he led the attack on her home colony, her blood boils every time she sees him.
- Snake: A vengeful grudge...That's one of the worst sins you can steep into.
- Campbell: It's one of those things soldiers can't escape from, I'm afraid.
Unless it's Other M, where she then suffers from Damsel in Distress syndrome.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Very fitting music. I want to leave these here with four words: The Choice Is Yours.

Oh and this too, if you haven't seen it:

The choice is really up to the imagination.
I never expected that but that video was more entertaining than it should have.

Because I never saw it before writing my essay above but since I just wrote it, why not? Oh really that was the best idea I got since the video is let's put in this delicate way "laughable". Even if you consider that it was "apparently" meant to be a troll (he "pretended" that on these boards).

The parts I expected is stating the argument as fact; that, I was not surprised. But the way he brings his "facts" is another story. He does the worst mistakes you could ever done while writing or talking about your opinion. It goes from incomplete facts to contradiction and passing by false facts, inaccurate comparisons, stating facts inaccurately and even FORGED OR MODIFIED EVIDENCES!!!! You can't do the last one unintentionally; you had to PREPARE the forgery or modification. And that's excluding the way he target a specific group of people (for those who don't want to watch it, it's every ridley supporter). Also, that propaganda wasn't needed (you need arguments that are THAT great to sound credible with propaganda).

I honestly want to so much to write walls and even more walls of text on those 6 minutes and 23 seconds (minus the intro) to explain how ridiculous that video is (of course, this would be nothing about Shokio but what he told).

Normally, I don't need that much but I can literally prove how false or inaccurate what he said with another game. However, what is special about that game is that I have A LOT experience with it. So, I can hack the memory of it (love emulators) while running. This isn't even a metroid game but the logic he states should be applied here. I never though I may do that but that game is:

Paper Mario The Thousand-year Door.

Yeah, you read that right. Just to tease you, there's status that can happen on players or enemies (including bosses). A lot of them exists but what interests me is the scale. You can be bigger (and smaller but I need to check I don't seem to have found the trigger though it's findable). Since I'm hacking, I can put ANY status I want for how long I want simply by changing the bytes. That sounds so silly but here's what I want to do so that me (and maybe you) can get a good read: to test the logic in the video, I will hack stuff and take screenshots which can give silly results because the size status is sometime not possible to do normally. I can only have a fixed factor but that is more than enough.

What I want to know is would you (mostly for fun) read that? Remember, my goal is only to analyse that infamous video in the most original and silly way as possible so it would do the same as just stating why but that's too boring for what I can do. Not to mention that I want to have fun here because I only came here to tell big essay about his situation. I want to do something different.

Honestly, would you love that? It would probably take days but I'm up for it.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I was looking at some pics then... WHAT?

If you look at the pic, I circled a poster in which seems to be Ridley! Well, let's take a closer look.... shall we?
Untitled2.png

As you can see, whatever it is, has a blueish color, has wings, and has a Ridleyish head. I would like to know, what do you think this is. I tried to talk about this on the WHobby (Japanese Everything) thread, but they pushed it off as spam, or bs, or trolling. Please tell me what YOU Think. Please examine pic before opinions.
P.S. This is not a troll, this might be something!
P.P.S The zoomed in pic does look like random pixels, but really look at it, then you will notice it, you know, zooming in does that.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I never expected that but that video was more entertaining than it should have.

Because I never saw it before writing my essay above but since I just wrote it, why not? Oh really that was the best idea I got since the video is let's put in this delicate way "laughable". Even if you consider that it was "apparently" meant to be a troll (he "pretended" that on these boards).

The parts I expected is stating the argument as fact; that, I was not surprised. But the way he brings his "facts" is another story. He does the worst mistakes you could ever done while writing or talking about your opinion. It goes from incomplete facts to contradiction and passing by false facts, inaccurate comparisons, stating facts inaccurately and even FORGED OR MODIFIED EVIDENCES!!!! You can't do the last one unintentionally; you had to PREPARE the forgery or modification. And that's excluding the way he target a specific group of people (for those who don't want to watch it, it's every ridley supporter). Also, that propaganda wasn't needed (you need arguments that are THAT great to sound credible with propaganda).

I honestly want to so much to write walls and even more walls of text on those 6 minutes and 23 seconds (minus the intro) to explain how ridiculous that video is (of course, this would be nothing about Shokio but what he told).

Normally, I don't need that much but I can literally prove how false or inaccurate what he said with another game. However, what is special about that game is that I have A LOT experience with it. So, I can hack the memory of it (love emulators) while running. This isn't even a metroid game but the logic he states should be applied here. I never though I may do that but that game is:

Paper Mario The Thousand-year Door.

Yeah, you read that right. Just to tease you, there's status that can happen on players or enemies (including bosses). A lot of them exists but what interests me is the scale. You can be bigger (and smaller but I need to check I don't seem to have found the trigger though it's findable). Since I'm hacking, I can put ANY status I want for how long I want simply by changing the bytes. That sounds so silly but here's what I want to do so that me (and maybe you) can get a good read: to test the logic in the video, I will hack stuff and take screenshots which can give silly results because the size status is sometime not possible to do normally. I can only have a fixed factor but that is more than enough.

What I want to know is would you (mostly for fun) read that? Remember, my goal is only to analyse that infamous video in the most original and silly way as possible so it would do the same as just stating why but that's too boring for what I can do. Not to mention that I want to have fun here because I only came here to tell big essay about his situation. I want to do something different.

Honestly, would you love that? It would probably take days but I'm up for it.
Earlier you were asking how the too big argument became so common, correct? While it's not the source of the argument, this video you find so laughable (for good reason) is, I think, one of the main reasons the too big argument became so prominent. Even though the logic used in that video is terrible, it spread quickly through those who watched it. People began to reference Shokio's video as the ultimate proof that Ridley could never be playable. It was definitely an important factor in making "Too Big" into the convoluted argument it is today.

You know, part of the reason I support Ridley is to prove once and for all how horrible that logic is.

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
I think it would've been known about by know, since you know, people were actually there and could see it... :/

Calcobrena

Smash Cadet
If Ridley had been leaked at WHobby, you can bet your boat that people would already know about it.

I can't really see Ridle in that image, either. Compared to how discernible the pictures of the other characters are, I don't think an image of Ridley would be so obscure.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
If Ridley had been leaked at WHobby, you can bet your boat that people would already know about it.

I can't really see Ridle in that image, either. Compared to how discernible the pictures of the other characters are, I don't think an image of Ridley would be so obscure.
So what is in the pic?

Hong

The Strongest
@ supercopper64 supercopper64
Moved your topic here, to the Ridley thread.

Normally we do not allow posts on leaks and rumours, however, at the very least, it gives the Ridley thread something to discuss since it is Ridley specific.

At the very least, do not double post. Thanks! ( ' ▽ ')/

As for the "leak", while I think it is fraudulent, I don't think confirming whether or not Ridley is in the game is really what is in question.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Earlier you were asking how the too big argument became so common, correct? While it's not the source of the argument, this video you find so laughable (for good reason) is, I think, one of the main reasons the too big argument became so prominent. Even though the logic used in that video is terrible, it spread quickly through those who watched it. People began to reference Shokio's video as the ultimate proof that Ridley could never be playable. It was definitely an important factor in making "Too Big" into the convoluted argument it is today.

You know, part of the reason I support Ridley is to prove once and for all how horrible that logic is.
Main reason why it spreads quickly because of that video is peoples themselves, not the video. Even those, who don`t support Ridley, may not believe this video and just laugh.
I was looking at some pics then... WHAT?

If you look at the pic, I circled a poster in which seems to be Ridley! Well, let's take a closer look.... shall we?
View attachment 17549
As you can see, whatever it is, has a blueish color, has wings, and has a Ridleyish head. I would like to know, what do you think this is. I tried to talk about this on the WHobby (Japanese Everything) thread, but they pushed it off as spam, or bs, or trolling. Please tell me what YOU Think. Please examine pic before opinions.
P.S. This is not a troll, this might be something!
P.P.S The zoomed in pic does look like random pixels, but really look at it, then you will notice it, you know, zooming in does that.
I can barely see it, but i won`t trust it anyway unless it will have higher quality and will use model i never saw. And i saw every single Ridley model from every angle except for MP3 Meta Ridley...and many other Ridley supporters saw them too...i guess...

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
@ supercopper64 supercopper64
Moved your topic here, to the Ridley thread.

Normally we do not allow posts on leaks and rumours, however, at the very least, it gives the Ridley thread something to discuss since it is Ridley specific.

At the very least, do not double post. Thanks! ( ' ▽ ')/

As for the "leak", while I think it is fraudulent, I don't think confirming whether or not Ridley is really what is in question.
oh ok... thanks for not deleteing my post.. one of the nice mods around here I guess :D

Hong

The Strongest
I suppose theoretically they could have brazenly displayed Ridley without any announcements.

But I take it that's just reaching. Even though fans know he is already in the game, I take it they don't want to show him yet, so they wouldn't do it randomly at an event without a formal reveal.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I suppose theoretically they could have brazenly displayed Ridley without any announcements.

But I take it that's just reaching. Even though fans know he is already in the game, I take it they don't want to show him yet, so they wouldn't do it randomly at an event without a formal reveal.
While Cooper's reaching is clearly wrong, it's not entirely impossible. Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff were leaked in a Brawl video way before release from the sticker menu, sometimes the smallest things squeak through

As people have pointed out in the Japan thread, in your thread, and here though Cooper, it's the Steel Diver trophy from the trailer playing on both of those visible screens, end of story.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
While Cooper's reaching is clearly wrong, it's not entirely impossible. Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff were leaked in a Brawl video way before release from the sticker menu, sometimes the smallest things squeak through

As people have pointed out in the Japan thread, in your thread, and here though Cooper, it's the Steel Diver trophy from the trailer playing on both of those visible screens, end of story.
Better yet, how does it look ANYTHING LIKE RIDLEY.
I explained in my first post about it.... why don't you go check it out.. :D

Neo Zero

How does that look anything like the steel diver trophy..
Hmm...actually,I was going to post a PS comparison to show you why it is....however, the colors of your enhanced image do not match up with the colors and shapes of Steel Diver

This does not mean it's Ridley however.

Top Bottom