• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
One of these days Ridley and K Rool need to team up to go on an adventure.

With hilarious results of course.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Then there's Medusa, who's also too big, evil, and reptile-based. She's not a pirate, but she does attempt to pirate a pirate ship. :troll:

Nintendo REALLY likes its reptilian villains actually. The only exceptions are the likes of Andross and Ganon.

Neo Zero

One of these days all the reptilian villains need to swap places with each other.

Ganondorf doesn't get to come.

Neo Zero

Random Tripping and Making Ganondorf a clone comes to mind....
you say this now, but next F Zero game and Ganondorf is playable in the Onyx Porkstar you'll see, you'll all see!!!!!

Ridley will be there too, but he'll just fly himself, no vehicle needed.

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
The fact that August is both Pyrosphere and Metroid's anniversary more likely hurts then helps Ridley being revealed that month. Sakurai is always being unpredictable, taking an occasion where we think a certain character will be revealed, only to give us someone completely unrelated (a prime example was Dixie Kong for Tropical Freeze, only for Little Mac to show up instead).

So the fact that there are two noteworthy events happening in August that, offhandedly, pertain to Ridley and thus encourages us to expect him, it's only logical to assume that Sakurai will throw us a red herring yet again by revealing a non-Metroid newcomer.
Most People were Expecting Palutena, Miis, and Pac-Man at E3.......

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
How on Earth did I get an alert for this?
View attachment 17562
And mind you I don't watch this thread. ...I'm confused.
It's because a mod moved that post to here from somewhere else, so you must have been watching the thread it was originally posted in, and the forum glitched.

You know, K. Rool and Ridley have a lot more in common than I thought. Both villanous, large, recurring reptiles. Who are both pirates.
Also, K. Rool is TOO BIG :troll: I'mjokingpleasedon'tcrucifyme
and they both have shadows. Don't forget shadows.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's because a mod moved that post from somewhere else, so you must have been watching the thread it was originally posted in, and the forum glitched.
Yeah that sounds about right.
It's certainly better than anything I could've thought up.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
You know, K. Rool and Ridley have a lot more in common than I thought. Both villanous, large, recurring reptiles. Who are both pirates.
Also, K. Rool is TOO BIG :troll: I'mjokingpleasedon'tcrucifyme
King Kraid Rool and Ridley are both :
-Heavy characters
-Able to breath fire,
-Among the most request characters for smash since forever,
-Have command over entire armies,
-Change appearance in nearly every game they appear......
-With at least one of them removing their tail.....
-And another focusing on technology.....
-Their last one not being really liked among their fanbase,
-Have iconic projectiles attack,
-Both series they represent have been represented since SSB64.....
-And both got a newcommer in Brawl

The mods should just merge those two threads together at this point.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
King Kraid Rool and Ridley are both :
-Heavy characters
-Able to breath fire,
-Among the most request characters for smash since forever,
-Have command over entire armies,
-Change appearance in nearly every game they appear......
-With at least one of them removing their tail.....
-And another focusing on technology.....
-Their last one not being really liked among their fanbase,
-Have iconic projectiles attack,
-Both series they represent have been represented since SSB64.....
-And both got a newcommer in Brawl

The mods should just merge those two threads together at this point.
It would give us more to discuss on here.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, I saw a post from Hong saying he'd merged stuff. Plus I saw you posting on the other place he posted that thing. Just put 2 and 2 together.
I'm assuming the Social thread. Then yes, it makes sense.
Anyways, I better go, I've gotten off-topic. Thanks for the answer.

*hides*

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was looking at some pics then... WHAT?

If you look at the pic, I circled a poster in which seems to be Ridley! Well, let's take a closer look.... shall we?
View attachment 17549
As you can see, whatever it is, has a blueish color, has wings, and has a Ridleyish head. I would like to know, what do you think this is. I tried to talk about this on the WHobby (Japanese Everything) thread, but they pushed it off as spam, or bs, or trolling. Please tell me what YOU Think. Please examine pic before opinions.
P.S. This is not a troll, this might be something!
P.P.S The zoomed in pic does look like random pixels, but really look at it, then you will notice it, you know, zooming in does that.
hmmm that could be anything but that does like like none of the character models (confired ones so far anyway)

its either the battlefield or some random thing (if riidley was choice the box would be purple instead of blue.)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Random Tripping and Making Ganondorf a clone comes to mind....
What about turning Ganondorf from Falcondorf into Falcondork in Brawl? That is WORSE than just becoming a clone.
*ahem* Really guys? K. Rool & Ridley team-up talk, yet no one mentions this?

Looks awesome, but Ridley`s index finger should at least be closer to the trigger.

Last edited:

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman

If you look at the pic, I circled a poster in which seems to be Ridley! Well, let's take a closer look.... shall we?
View attachment 17549
As you can see, whatever it is, has a blueish color, has wings, and has a Ridleyish head. I would like to know, what do you think this is. I tried to talk about this on the WHobby (Japanese Everything) thread, but they pushed it off as spam, or bs, or trolling. Please tell me what YOU Think. Please examine pic before opinions.
P.P.S The zoomed in pic does look like random pixels, but really look at it, then you will notice it, you know, zooming in does that.
Yes!! I want Ridley!! Sakurai! Make more pics of ridley!

View attachment 17549
Yes! I want Ridley for SSB4!! Hope this be real! I hope Not a trophy, a boss, and not hazard stage! Playable!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Suddenly, triple posting.

EDIT: Oh wait, it was just double posting, since SOMEONE is using SOMEONE ELSE'S avatar.

I mean, seriously:

gfdgfggdfgdff.png

But really, King K. Rool and Ridley should be like partners in crime or something.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
One of these days all the reptilian villains need to swap places with each other.

Ganondorf doesn't get to come.
Does that include the poor/forgotten General Scales too?

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Earlier you were asking how the too big argument became so common, correct? While it's not the source of the argument, this video you find so laughable (for good reason) is, I think, one of the main reasons the too big argument became so prominent. Even though the logic used in that video is terrible, it spread quickly through those who watched it. People began to reference Shokio's video as the ultimate proof that Ridley could never be playable. It was definitely an important factor in making "Too Big" into the convoluted argument it is today.

You know, part of the reason I support Ridley is to prove once and for all how horrible that logic is.
And I was one of those people XD when you're not that involved in analyzing the game believe me it's easy to believe an argument like that. Now that I've researched the footage and really thought about it of course my thoughts on the matter changed, but to some the Ridley argument really isn't an argument. It's dismissed because it sounds so silly to hear something different than "He's too big".

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
@ Meandpikachu Meandpikachu , i`ve got my copyrights on this avatar, ya` know?...why did you used it anyway?
I doubt you can claim copyright on something that uses a model from Nintendo, even if you edited it. Yeah yeah I know what you mean, I'm just being difficult :p

But really, it's pretty weird hijacking someone else's avatar, especially when it can't be found anywhere else than in your profile.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Speaking of K.rool, he is twice the size of DK, no? And Ridley is twice as tall as Samus. DK is slightly taller, and if my data is correct, K.rool is slightly taller than Ridley

My life just changed forever :eek:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Speaking of K.rool, he is twice the size of DK, no? And Ridley is twice as tall as Samus. DK is slightly taller, and if my data is correct, K.rool is slightly taller than Ridley
In DK64 he's almost 3 or 4 times any of the Kongs :psycho:. In the DKC games he's almost twice their size though.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Obviously Donkey Kong is just a tiny gorilla who is significantly shorter than six feet tall. K. Rool can't possibly be bigger than Ridley. :p /sarcasm

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The difference between K Rool and Ridley is that Ridley has a chance

I kid! I want K rool just as much as Ridley. It's just people put them on an equal playing field for potential playability when Ridley's evidence is pure facts while K Rool's is "Well, Kremlings in Smash Run. K Rool Confirmed." I feel K Rool is extremely likely for Smash 5 so long as he appears in a DKC game between now and then. Relevancy does not matter for new series representation in Smash, but it certainly does for a series that already has representative. It's the exact reason that Rosalina for example was chosen over the likes of, say, Baby Bowser. Both have potential for a moveset, but Rosalina is relevant. And when a character (K Rool) does not appear in the reboot of their own title, that's not a good sign.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
The difference between K Rool and Ridley is that Ridley has a chance

I kid! I want K rool just as much as Ridley. It's just people put them on an equal playing field for potential playability when Ridley's evidence is pure facts while K Rool's is "Well, Kremlings in Smash Run. K Rool Confirmed." I feel K Rool is extremely likely for Smash 5 so long as he appears in a DKC game between now and then. Relevancy does not matter for new series representation in Smash, but it certainly does for a series that already has representative. It's the exact reason that Rosalina for example was chosen over the likes of, say, Baby Bowser. Both have potential for a moveset, but Rosalina is relevant. And when a character (K Rool) does not appear in the reboot of their own title, that's not a good sign.
So about that Kremlings speech. Seeing as how "relevancy" plays a huge role in character choice, that should mean that this pathetic thing would be in over K Rool?

King K Rool is iconic, so is Ridley. If they're iconic then they can be in too. R.O.B. was barely relevant, same with Pit, at the time of Brawl's Release.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Obviously Donkey Kong is just a tiny gorilla who is significantly shorter than six feet tall. K. Rool can't possibly be bigger than Ridley. :p /sarcasm
When I first realized my founding, I told miiverse and they wanted to club me by saying U EDI0T RDLY EEZ 2 B1G!!!!!!! K.RUL IS NUT BEG!!!!!

So, you where slightly more mature than those kids, but you were sarcastic, so we all know that we win. On another note, anyone have a miiverse account called Steve? found that guy in my post with a toobigot saying RIDLEY IS BEING HYPED AS A BOSS YOU IDIOT

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So about that Kremlings speech. Seeing as how "relevancy" plays a huge role in character choice, that should mean that this pathetic thing would be in over K Rool?

King K Rool is iconic, so is Ridley. If they're iconic then they can be in too. R.O.B. was barely relevant, same with Pit, at the time of Brawl's Release.
Not at all! Relevancy means NOTHING when it comes to new series. It explains why we have Pit, Game and Watch, and R.O.B. But I would argue it does for sure mean something with series that have representative already and are established franchises. This means even more for the DKC games seeing as they were completely rebooted. So when looking for a relevant character to add, they'd be more likely to look at the reboots where there is no sign of him :(

I hate saying this as I LOVE K Rool and think he has a place for Smash. Just here on Smashboards we're not real with ourselves sometimes. People are saying he's a shoe in when there's zero evidence to support that. If they were to add a character from DK to the game, I sadly think it'd be Dixie :( Because she is relevant to the series and that seems to be how Smash picks characters from already represented franchises. But who knows? I'd be SO excited to be proven incorrect at release.

Edit:

Last edited:

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
You leave for two weeks and suddenly... 100 or so pages have come and gone. Since I am entirely too lazy to read all of that, what'd I miss?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
When I first realized my founding, I told miiverse and they wanted to club me by saying U EDI0T RDLY EEZ 2 B1G!!!!!!! K.RUL IS NUT BEG!!!!!

So, you where slightly more mature than those kids, but you were sarcastic, so we all know that we win. On another note, anyone have a miiverse account called Steve? found that guy in my post with a toobigot saying RIDLEY IS BEING HYPED AS A BOSS YOU IDIOT
Link?

Top Bottom