• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
out of curiosity, was everyone that pre reg'd put into a pool? what if someone signed up a fake person or something? how could u tell without money involved.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Pool 3: AJAX, book, Leacero, Oorah-Kabrah, pkmvodka

I'm gonna rip this pool up.

... :)

Also @Wife, I'll MM you for $1 (I can't afford to lose any more =() for funsies. :)

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Hmm, pool 24. My lucky number is 42. Lets get poppin like epileptics on bubble wrap.

Alukard

Smash Hero
out of curiosity, was everyone that pre reg'd put into a pool? what if someone signed up a fake person or something? how could u tell without money involved.
u must have missed the part where i said all pools are subject to change ... for that reason ... i'm sure if there are fake names its like a couple ... nothing really beastly damaging to the pools ... but we'll see ... we are taking precautions for it

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I like my pool.

But I have to play with 2 ppl I just played at MM. Oh well! Good clux to my pool I think I can make it out ^.^

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
We need a projector like we had at Smashtastophe. That would be pretty awesome.
We need a projector like EVENT 52. that **** was hot as ****.

Pool 3: AJAX, book, Leacero, Oorah-Kabrah, pkmvodka

I'm gonna rip this pool up.

... :)

Also @Wife, I'll MM you for $1 (I can't afford to lose any more =() for funsies. :)
Vodka is going to tear your *** apart. : D

Book!

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure we can work something out, Leacero. Secret alliance to get through pools? ;)

Dunno about fake names, but 2 of the guys that I registered (tuna + preq) aren't listed. We are still coming, but now that the venue fee is 20 I am thinking that I might drop out of brackets and just play friendlies. 10 bucks for five sets is kinda weak if I'm paying so much at the door. Don't mean to whine, Alukard, I know it's out of your hands. You guys are doing a great job so far.

Scar

#HarveyDent
that's really weird

tuna wasn't registered for singles but preq was, he should be there

we could just replace tailz with him.

definitely let us know about your money johns tho, if you aren't playing we want to update the pools asap, but honestly IMO you should just do it, pools are really exciting and the good players in your pool prob won't play you otherwise

exposure+experience=win

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm like 95% not going

Kage, if I don't go, good luck defeating my WARRIOR SPIRIT THAT WILL STILL ATTEND *flex*

seriously though i'll try to figure out if that 5% chance of me going will equate to anything so you pools-organizers know well ahead of time

edit: me not going would also include Darc and SOLR (although his name should be in there as "SOLAR," I have a feeling he thought "Gamer tag" = 4-letter melee tag lolol)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I had some long post arguing with PoF, but I'll spare the thread and myself the headache.
What is there to argue about? I'm pretty sure I was not the only person who thought a two person continuance was stupid originally. Its a valid point to argue such a thing with a tourney attendance projected to be over a hundred. Unlike you, Scar made an attempt to clarify what was going to happen in the pools and how many people in each pool as opposed to striking back and coming off as insulting me or others. It really is that simple.

Don't bring your stupid "I hate your CT Thread rants POF" attitude into this discussion.
"If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all."

Oh, and some of your posts Mogwai are DIRECTLY aimed to insult me and its ****ing rude and it pisses me off. I dont go attacking you or being an *** to you so please, show some class. Theres a difference between cracking a joke or indirectly insulting someone on the boards but I can tell yours are quite serious.

In other news, I'm really excited for this. :)

Cia

das kwl
I'm like 95% not going

Kage, if I don't go, good luck defeating my WARRIOR SPIRIT THAT WILL STILL ATTEND *flex*

seriously though i'll try to figure out if that 5% chance of me going will equate to anything so you pools-organizers know well ahead of time

edit: me not going would also include Darc and SOLR (although his name should be in there as "SOLAR," I have a feeling he thought "Gamer tag" = 4-letter melee tag lolol)
i.. would be so sad

=[

also, wth @ that video scar, lolz

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
What is there to argue about? I'm pretty sure I was not the only person who thought a two person continuance was stupid originally. Its a valid point to argue such a thing with a tourney attendance projected to be over a hundred. Unlike you, Scar made an attempt to clarify what was going to happen in the pools and how many people in each pool as opposed to striking back and coming off as insulting me or others. It really is that simple.
Did you read past the first sentence in my response?

your lists are seriously the stupidest things I've ever seen, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T POST A LIST EVER.
Fine, this is a little mean, but you mentioned Scar and Pakman in the breath of unbeatablity as like, M2K, Mang0, PC, etc etc etc, and it's just stupid favoritism bull**** that you pull with every single list you post. Every one of your lists is in some way showing a foolish bias or has specific omissions for the point of sniping at people you dislike. I've noticed this and I commented on it in a mean way, sorry if it hurts your feelings, but it's the truth.

As everyone's saying, this doesn't change the actual percentage of people making it into brackets. Either way we are cutting however many people enter down to 64, whether it's 4 people/pool out of 16 pools or 2 people/pool out of 32 pools. The difference is that with 32 pools, each pool has half as many people, which makes it run much faster, which is necessary due to the time constraints. The only advantage of fewer pools is that if someone is improperly seeded, it's less likely to screw someone over, but given the time constraint, this is not a plausible option.

For an idea of the time reduction, let's say that exactly 160 people show up. That would be either 16 pools of 10, or 32 pools of 5. A pool of 10 takes 45 matches to complete. A pool of 5 takes 10 matches to complete.

32 pools x 10 matches/pool = 320 matches for pools
16 pools x 45 matches/pool = 720 matches for pools

When time is an issue, you have to accept that chance that an assumed seeding is wrong and someone gets screwed rather than MORE THAN DOUBLING THE TIME for pools.
so none of this was helpful or explanatory towards how the pools were going to work and how 2 people advancing doesn't change much?

Eggm

Smash Hero
So i'm excited for all the following matches. And they must be recorded.

Azen vs Alukard
Oorah vs pkm
Jfox vs Chu
Grill vs Jman
Grill vs SOFT
Drephen vs doyoung
Vidjo vs Hazz
cort vs zhu
Swift vs hbox
Tuar vs qdvs
jiano vs djnintendo
Reno vs zoso
tec0 vs kirbykaze
d1 vs tink
Raynex vs g$
boss vs colbol
pakman vs unknown
Hax vs rockcrock

Cia

das kwl
yeah, Eggm.. Yeah.

so hypothetically. if we were to do crew battles w/ these pools, who's do you think would win??

as of right now, i'm thinking the pool w/ jman, grill, soft, etc. might edit this post in a minute

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Hahahaha that is great.

Scar, I BELIEVE IN YOU.

o **** it's like scar respawned and I'm hanging on the ledge

guess what happens next 5 seconds

a) M2K down throws him and gimps him
b) Scar waits for M2K to get back up onto the stage like a patient person...... LOL
c) Scar jumps off the ledge with a Nair for no apparent reason
d) any answer but b

DsIeciohCtcerroCehT

Eggm

Smash Hero
I think top 2 from each pool teams would be a sweet event on Sunday, but my team would get *****. m2k/ultima scout LMAO. Thats priceless.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Oh man an even better idea if everyone was staying would be to do the draft crews as your pool vs everyone elses pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom