• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Names: MattDotZeb
Home Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
Method of Transportation: Public transportation, bus to NYC's China Town
Additional Comments: I can sleep whenever and wherever so that is no issue for me. If gas or anything is needed I'll help out.

Form status: Filled

Did I do it right?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Remember when I said that the Lady takes priority over Smash?

It's a REALLY hard choice when it comes to the Lady vs REVIVAL OF MELEE OMGASDFJADFALDKJH!!!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm not filling out the housing form yet because Wife isn't sure exactly how many people are going to be in the car with him, it's prolly going to be a total of 3, and we'll need housing for friday and saturday. Does a 4.5 hour drive count as long distance?

Alukard

Smash Hero
Holy **** ... That Video ...was Amazing ... I <3 You ... I'll Give U A Free Soda At The Venue =]

Thanks Alot Bro Really ^_^

Alukard

Smash Hero
well i'm bringing my lady lmfaoo ... she gonna help since she doesn't play and she loves me =D

EDIT is anyone else bring recording equipment because i am tryin to get my sister and my gf to run tio since they dont play ... also i will b having drinks

so yea ... more laptops ... to remember this ...

i think white mike is bringing his pro *** photography skillz and i am going to be snapping shots too with my cam

OMG OMG OMG this is turning out to be sooo amazing =]

EDIT 2 !!!!!

i'm getting a sig done as i post this ... HYPE HYPE HYPE !!!!!

i want everyone to use it ^_^

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm getting a sig done as i post this ... HYPE HYPE HYPE !!!!!

i want everyone to use it ^_^

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i love japes ... BUM taught swat how to use that stage ... floats is gay anyway ... =\
I like the stage too...but it's still gayer than Floats. I remember against Cactuar and M2K when I teamed with Ryoko I counterpicked it and Cactuar got hit by the klaptrap 5x(he stole M2K's stock once LOL) so we won the match. That was the only match we won. It's just not a fair stage.

Alukard

Smash Hero

I like the stage too...but it's still gayer than Floats. I remember against Cactuar and M2K when I teamed with Ryoko I counterpicked it and Cactuar got hit by the klaptrap 5x(he stole M2K's stock once LOL) so we won the match. That was the only match we won. It's just not a fair stage.
i dont see how its not ... because the klap trap hits u ... theres a stage hazzard for a reason ... thats why people pick it =\

i mean i understand it can totally change the match but ... thats why its a cp floats is sooo campy and unfair for tooo too many chars sry

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
boss you don't have to pre reg until march 3rdish and I think you'd know if you were going by then.

yeah, I thought the policy was that random unpredicatble stages were banned, wouldn't the claptrap count as an unpredictable part of the stage?

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i dont see how its not ... because the klap trap hits u ... theres a stage hazzard for a reason ... thats why people pick it =\

i mean i understand it can totally change the match but ... thats why its a cp floats is sooo campy and unfair for tooo too many chars sry
So Floats requiring both players to camp is considered less skillful than a random event that can kill you at 0%? I mean at least on Floats you have the ability to switch to other characters. You can't make the klaptrap disappear on Jungle Japes.

Alukard

Smash Hero
omg ... its not that serious about japes ... if i can get people to post to ban it ... i will i never pick that gay **** anyway ... i hit neutral all day and show skill ... u guys need to pick floats to place ... c'mon

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
omg ... its not that serious about japes ... if i can get people to post to ban it ... i will i never pick that gay **** anyway ... i hit neutral all day and show skill ... u guys need to pick floats to place ... c'mon
Ban japes!!!

We should get floats back just to see more Spammer vs Vidjo type matches =D

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I say yah to Floats.

I agree with Spam that its not nearly as unfair as Japes. I don't even think Japes is like brinstar where you get a warning for the occurrence of the hazzard.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
omg ... its not that serious about japes ... if i can get people to post to ban it ... i will i never pick that gay **** anyway ... i hit neutral all day and show skill
I just don't think it makes sense to ban Floats but allow Japes. There are also other people coming to the tournament besides you and I'm sure some people are willing to counterpick it.

... u guys need to pick floats to place ... c'mon
Wow wtf is this? I'm teaming with a JIGGLYPUFF main, we're not going to CP Floats.

You also can't place well off of ONE stage. In a best of 3 you have to win at least one other match. In a best of 5 you have to win two other matches. I have beaten zero people on Floats who I did not win the set against. I don't CP Floats on everyone. I'd just hate to see a set come down to someone in singles or a team in doubles losing to the klaptrap. It is maaad depressing to see a random event cost a match. That's one of the many reasons most of us hate Brawl for :(.

Alukard

Smash Hero

I just don't think it makes sense to ban Floats but allow Japes. There are also other people coming to the tournament besides you and I'm sure some people are willing to counterpick it.

Wow wtf is this? I'm teaming with a JIGGLYPUFF main, we're not going to CP Floats.

You also can't place well off of ONE stage. In a best of 3 you have to win at least one other match. In a best of 5 you have to win two other matches. I have beaten zero people on Floats who I did not win the set against. I don't CP Floats on everyone. I'd just hate to see a set come down to someone in singles or a team in doubles losing to the klaptrap. It is maaad depressing to see a random event cost a match. That's one of the many reasons most of us hate Brawl for :(.
sry ... sooo many people are im'ing me and complaining about the dummest **** i swear ... i guess i lost my cool there spam ... u know i <3 u ... but i just dont see why everything just has to keep getting banned ... if anything i should just add floats again ... i hate that we keep just taking **** out =[

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
sry ... sooo many people are im'ing me and complaining about the dummest **** i swear ... i guess i lost my cool there spam ... u know i <3 u ... but i just dont see why everything just has to keep getting banned ... if anything i should just add floats again ... i hate that we keep just taking **** out =[
It's cool Alukard =D.

Yeah, I'm also sad that so many things need to be taken out :(. I think Japes is borderline acceptable in singles but in doubles it's just a little too chaotic imo. If you want to add something back though, you could put Great Bay in for doubles. When I went to CoT2 Cactuar said it's only banned in singles because of Fox camping around the bottom and running away but you can't really do that in doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom