• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return of Rochester! October 24th. And the New NYS PR!!!!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Is that good or bad.
bad outweighs the good

now when people say they play melee they're generally at least ok and know at's / aren't ******s

but there's no money anymore lol pound 4 and rom2 WILL be huge but players like me will probably get last place, i could jv 100 stock the noobs that used to go to tournaments.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@alterian.
the non-UB people that were at ATOB 2 are on swf, marth123, vitaro, BPeachy, nitro, Asylum, theres a few others. and they can get intouch with the UB people and tell them about whats going on.

thats what should be happening anyway. if I could go to the school and talk to them personally the same way ive been doing for the schools around here, I would.

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
sucks i cant make it to this but it sounds cool. i live right down the street from UB , they have weekslies on wednesday i tell them to make it to this. =)

do teams even count in the PR im not sure how it works. Nitro and jinjo would make it for sure but they refuse to play singles. they fear MK lol i saw jinjo in teams grand finals. he has no idea what to do.........

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sucks i cant make it to this but it sounds cool.
Gimme one good reason you cant come to this. I dont have a ride doesnt count.
i live right down the street from UB , they have weekslies on wednesday i tell them to make it to this. =)
1. do you go to their weeklies?
2. Tell them to bring you with them.

do teams even count in the PR im not sure how it works
hmmm... good question. We'll have to look into it.
Nitro and jinjo would make it for sure but they refuse to play singles. they fear MK lol i saw jinjo in teams grand finals. he has no idea what to do.........
my initial responce to the question is that if they are too scared to play in singles cus of mk, then they dont deserve to be ranked in any way as the best in the state. but after how I thrashed that boy nitro, im not surprised that he wouldnt wanna play anymore...

=P
GET AT ME NITRO, SHOW UP AND STEP YO GAME UP!
JINJO CAN EAT IT TOO! WHACHU WANT BABY BOY?!

WHERE YOU AT BUFFALO?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
sucks i cant make it to this but it sounds cool. i live right down the street from UB , they have weekslies on wednesday i tell them to make it to this. =)

do teams even count in the PR im not sure how it works. Nitro and jinjo would make it for sure but they refuse to play singles. they fear MK lol i saw jinjo in teams grand finals. he has no idea what to do.........
Wtf? They refuse to play singles? Wow...Really? That's annoying.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Alot of really good players dont do singles but have impressive singles skills. Thats how alot of MD/Va is.
Korn rarely does singles. Candy Stoped doing singles for a long time. From what i saw anyways

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
highly annoying...
they must be trash in singles then.
this boy gets one top 5 placing and all of a sudden he got maddddd ego lol.
Alot of really good players dont do singles but have impressive singles skills. Thats how alot of MD/Va is.
Korn rarely does singles. Candy Stoped doing singles for a long time. From what i saw anyways

korn and candy are trash tier.

md/va sucks.

also, theres a diff. between, "eh i just like doubles better" and "i dont wanna play cus ima lose."

I lose all the time (but not at this tournament), to tons of characters, but you dont see me quittin. unless you talkin bout melee...

fk that bad kid game.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
YES!!! A tourney that is actually close to me! There's good chance I'll be there for my first tourney. I gotta start training and stuff. What am I still doing here?!

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
moving On....

Back To These Buffalo Kids, Why Are None Of You Babies Old Enough To Come To This?

Like Gd, You Can Show Up 20 Strong, But You Cant Get 1 Full Car For An Hour Drive Between The Lot Of You?

I Call Shenanigans.
Because I Was Born 4 Years After You! D:<

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
alright here i go.

Gimme one good reason you cant come to this. I dont have a ride doesnt count.

1. do you go to their weeklies?
2. Tell them to bring you with them.

my initial responce to the question is that if they are too scared to play in singles cus of mk, then they dont deserve to be ranked in any way as the best in the state. but after how I thrashed that boy nitro, im not surprised that he wouldnt wanna play anymore...

=P
GET AT ME NITRO, SHOW UP AND STEP YO GAME UP!
JINJO CAN EAT IT TOO! WHACHU WANT BABY BOY?!

WHERE YOU AT BUFFALO?
srry dude i work fridays and saturdays. tell me a few weeks possibly a month in the future so i could get som1 to fill in 4 me and then ill go. i know you mentioned this b4 but "I might have a tourney between 2-4 weeks isnt specific enough. i hope you dont take it the wrong way. its not me bring lazy its me being crazy busy. the ATOB events are basically scheduled around us. not you, unless theres gonna be a horrible outcome. cuz we're greedy

I dont think its like that, Nitro isnt very confident in himself although hes probs the best in buffalo....... Jinjo doesnt even try when hes playing MK. anyone that watched team GF's knows what im talking about.

yeh, i went yesturday. theres a few good players there a handful of noobs but they play to get better, nothing wrong with that:). i spoke to cross about going and he said he too broke to take a day trip there. mario moonshine said he might go depends if hes got exams i assume a couple of ppl wiould go with him. i donno if dez, anko or ZOMGrob would go. dez and anko are mad johnners. doono if theyd be happy with a handful of ppl that could beat them. :dizzy

teams is cool in all but when were playing id like to do som1 1v1's once in awhile.:dizzy:

they must be trash in singles then.

sig.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
i wouldnt talk unless u've played them, i doubt thats a priority for any1 in buffalo right now. video games in general have taken the backburner to school, work, sports and the fact everyone that played competitive here played the game everyday for 2 straight years. quite frankly everyones tired of its crap.

4sure

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
alright here i go.

srry dude i work fridays and saturdays. tell me a few weeks possibly a month in the future so i could get som1 to fill in 4 me and then ill go. i know you mentioned this b4 but "I might have a tourney between 2-4 weeks isnt specific enough. i hope you dont take it the wrong way. its not me bring lazy its me being crazy busy. the ATOB events are basically scheduled around us. not you, unless theres gonna be a horrible outcome. cuz we're greedy
Sigh. its all good brah. we are having a big regional at some point, probably next year, and Ill make sur you guys are informed way ahead of time.
I dont think its like that, Nitro isnt very confident in himself although hes probs the best in buffalo....... Jinjo doesnt even try when hes playing MK. anyone that watched team GF's knows what im talking about.

I get the distinct feeling that this is my fault. seeing as i gayed nitro pretty hard at ATOB 2 and pulled out the MK on jinjo.

yeh, i went yesturday. theres a few good players there a handful of noobs but they play to get better, nothing wrong with that:). i spoke to cross about going and he said he too broke to take a day trip there. mario moonshine said he might go depends if hes got exams i assume a couple of ppl wiould go with him. i donno if dez, anko or ZOMGrob would go. dez and anko are mad johnners. doono if theyd be happy with a handful of ppl that could beat them. :dizzy

like i said, all i would ask for is like a cars worth of people.

i wouldnt talk unless u've played them, i doubt thats a priority for any1 in buffalo right now. video games in general have taken the backburner to school, work, sports and the fact everyone that played competitive here played the game everyday for 2 straight years. quite frankly everyones tired of its crap.
[/QUOTE]

1. Bry lost to jinjo in friendlies at ATOB 3. he told me him self lol
2. brawl hasnt been out for 2 years. lol nitpicking.
3. gotta do what cha gotta do i suppose.
4. brawl is gay, but out of all the fighters (almost all of them) I play, its probably the least gay.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i can team wit jesse and beat any kids in brawl i guarantee it ill put $100 on it

(trust me jesse i m good in brawl)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
idk where rochester is but i'm somehow subscribed to this thread.

i decided i've earned a spot on the PR though...

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Btw guys, anyone who's coming for the tourney should spend the night at my house. We'll stay up all night long and play teams and random matches in both games. We'll order pizza and stuff too. Infinite people can stay at my place as long as you have sleeping bags and whatnot.

Imagine...Hours and hours to practice with JesiahTEG, receiving feedback and cutting edge strategies to take YOUR game to the next level!

Wow I'm gay.

Also Rob, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE come to this you're so cool and I love you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i can team wit jesse and beat any kids in brawl i guarantee it ill put $100 on it

(trust me jesse i m good in brawl)

ill do it, me and san vs you and jesse. 100$ best of 7 set.

idk where rochester is but i'm somehow subscribed to this thread.

i decided i've earned a spot on the PR though...
show up and do well, and ill consider it.
I'm highly considering coming to this. :3
dude, how do you pronounce your name in person? is it:
zoh-em-gee-rahb
zee-oh-em-gee-are-oh-bee
zoh-mai-gawd-rahb
like, which one is it?

Wow I'm gay.

qf the truest statement in this thread.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ok.
i'm guessing i'll place in the top 3.

is mew2king coming to this?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well does sephiroth ken or captain jack know where rochester is?
i would like to play someone who can challenge me.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
mybad.
i'm new to trolling. (maybe)
i think foy posted in here on my account so i'm subscribed now and wanted to see how cool you guys are.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Btw guys, anyone who's coming for the tourney should spend the night at my house. We'll stay up all night long and play teams and random matches in both games. We'll order pizza and stuff too. Infinite people can stay at my place as long as you have sleeping bags and whatnot.

Imagine...Hours and hours to practice with JesiahTEG, receiving feedback and cutting edge strategies to take YOUR game to the next level!
I kinda wish i didnt already buy bus tickets for Viridian City...

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I can't make it myself since I'm only a jobless college freshman.

And Kozi, please invite the onyl decent players from UB. Honestly, I thought I was going to get testicular cancer from watching them roll dodge all day long. But then again, it means more money for the winner.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you cant get like 20 bucks from your parents?

10 for gas for the trip, and 10 bucks for brawl singles and doubles (i dont believe you play melee)

if I make some money, ill even get you a couple of burgers or something.

also, dont not invite people because they are bad. for two reasons.

1. more money in the pot.
2, some people will be like my friend bry and get inspired to get better.

id rather have 35 people at this one and 20 at all the other ones, than 20 at this one and like 12 at all the other ones, ya feel me?

Invite everyone that is willing to come, this will be a tourney with highly varied skill levels.

also, somebody get alexei in this thread.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
If I find to get there and back, if I can find the cash for it overall I'll attend. I'll try to see if ZOMGRob is going so may be I can hitch a ride with him.

altairian

Smash Lord
The best part of smash is helping everyone get better. If you see guys that don't know what they're doing, give them some tips. Everyone can use advice on their game, even the top placers aren't perfect. Hell I'd love to sit down with people better than me and just have them take apart my game and tell me what to keep doing and what to fix. I realize that kind of personal attention isn't gonna happen unless it's for a friend, but you get what I mean, hopefully ;)

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I just had my second controller in the last two months break, the L button takes for ever to come back up and it F***S up everything! Any ideas on how I could fix this without blowing another 15$? SH** is getting old.

Top Bottom