• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return of Rochester! October 24th. And the New NYS PR!!!!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
The best part of smash is helping everyone get better. If you see guys that don't know what they're doing, give them some tips. Everyone can use advice on their game, even the top placers aren't perfect. Hell I'd love to sit down with people better than me and just have them take apart my game and tell me what to keep doing and what to fix. I realize that kind of personal attention isn't gonna happen unless it's for a friend, but you get what I mean, hopefully ;)
Actually, I'll be doing a lot of that at the smashfest, pretty much all night besides tourney.

I can't come to Jesiah's the night before, but I will try to bring a couple friends. I am PUMPED for this!
There's no "night before." It's just the night of the tourney. You show up, play in the tourney, stay the night.

Also Falco Freak, make sure you come dude.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
New controller it is then. F********************K !!!!!!
Manalord, your confidence is rediculous, Your gonna be at this right? Because Ill have to laugh a lot if you aren't spectacular.

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
i want to come, but none of u know who i am :3 except for fallentwilight. but im a good player, and i will attend this if someone can give me a ride. i also attend college, but have no job, but i have some cash. so any1 offering any rides to rochester?

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
Kirby, you have to tell people where you live bro.
that totally slipped my mind, i live in buffalo atm. i got to buffalo state college. i was at the tournament, and i know how ya look too :D but yea, i don't have a ride. cura has seen me, and hopefully i can have some nice matches with ya ppl. my name is different here than it is on aib. anyways know anyone who is offering rides from buffalo to rochester TEG?

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I want to enter doubles at this. I don't really know anyone who is going to this but I play a solid link and a good mario if anyone wants to team with me. I don't know if these things are usually settled before hand or not, just putting it out there.

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
I want to enter doubles at this. I don't really know anyone who is going to this but I play a solid link and a good mario if anyone wants to team with me. I don't know if these things are usually settled before hand or not, just putting it out there.
who would u want ur partner to be? i can use almost anyone. but i normally use kirby all the way. even though it would seem obvious due to my name. cura thinks my kirby is good, he told me that at the last tourney he was @ which was the one at the college im at. i wouldn't mind teaming up with anyone at all.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I am talking about melee. I don't play brawl. I just noticed that I didn't clarify that in my previous post.
Ya, if your talking about melee I'll team with you, as long as you can make Kirby not suck. I know I'm no melee god but Kirby is like a volleyball. He was created to be spiked.

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
push what back a week, and soory then, i dont play melee enough for kirby to be a god T~T but i seriously need a ride there, if not then i'm so screwed imma talk to twilight about his ride there .-.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
No way I show on halloween, the dates good for me. Any other date would prolly not work, I'm bizzzzy.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
TO EVERYONE WANTING THE DATE CHANGED:

The date will stay the same. Stop making excuses and johning and trying to get the date moved. We all are busy, and we all have things to do. No one just randomly has a Saturday free with no plans. We all have stuff to do.

It's how much we love this game that determines whether or not you show up. I love it enough to offer every inch of my apartment this Saturday to housing people, and trusting the community enough in my place for a day or two. I cancelled my plans because I know this is going to be amazing. If you don't want to cancel yours for whatever reason, then don't. You're missing out though.

These tournies/smashfests are amazing. In addition to a tourney with good competition for everyone, we're going to be playing ALL NIGHT LONG, with 4-5 different setups in 2-3 different rooms. There will be melee teams, brawl teams, melee singles, brawl singles, everything you could ever imagine. We'll probably do random tournament, or random teammate tournament too. Money Matches and friendlies as much as you want. The good players will give advice to people who just started.

There is food all around my house, open 24/7. We'll probably be going out to eat at 3AM knowing the Rochester Smash Community. Or we'll order pizza. Funny things happen all the time, people get pissed, people trashtalk each other, or just crazy stuff in the game.

We have recording equipment so every match will be going up on youtube if the players don't mind. We'll record even crazy ridiculous matches that make no sense, just for the fun of it.

Whoever is at this will get WAYYYY better. Your game will improve tenfold, and you'll have the most fun that you'll ever have had at any Tourney/Smashfest. You'll improve, get smarter, make new friends, learn new things about the game, and best of all, become part of the Western New York community. The more we all chill and bond together and play Smash, the better we'll all do when we go out of state to national tournaments.

I'd LOVE to see Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, LeRoy and all of those other areas to become a force to be reckoned with in the Smash community. I look forward to the day where more than one area of New York actually matters in the Smash community.

And guess what guys? NYC, and MD/VA, and Socal and all of these other strong regions didn't just start out naturally strong. They played every weekend, making sure to attend smashfests and tournies to improve.

The only advantage they've ever had over us, the ONLY advantage, is that they live closer together.

So what, we have to drive an hour or two to attend a tourney? I have to go to a concert on that day? If that's really going to stop you from coming, then fine. It's going to be an amazing time anyways.

I see people posting about how they wouldn't show up on Halloween for whatever reason. You know what they do in MD/VA? They have SPECIAL HALLOWEEN TOURNAMENTS AND SMASHFESTS! They LOOK FORWARD to Holidays because they know there's going to be some kind of awesome special tournies and smashfests that they can go to and see all of their friends, play smash, go out to eat, play random games, etc.

How can you not be inspired by that? How can you not be inspired by people who met through Smash, and have continued holding tournaments and smashfests for over 5 years, regardless of whether or not they're busy, regardless of whether or not it's convenient for them. They love the game and they love each other.

That's the kind of community I want this to turn into, one where we're all ****ing awesome friends, who will do anything to make it to a tournament to play, relax and see everyone. I want us all to make new friends, and reach a whole new level in our smash game.

I would love to see players from all over WNY and CNY start to bond, and get stronger as a region together. I'd love to see new players at this point, start to improve and in a few months, go to a national tournament and out of nowhere just **** everybody and become well known.

It's possible, it's very very possible. The only way we'll get there though is if people stop making excuses, and FIND A WAY to the tourney. I know it's not as easy as other regions have it, but it's still extremely doable. It may not be convenient, but it's definitely possible.

So, if you want to come, be prepared for the most amazing Smash weekend of your life. If not, that's fine too. Stop trying to change the date though. It's not going to change.

I love you all, and may the force be with you.

altairian

Smash Lord
That was a great post. I've been thinking about it a few days and I'm like 90% sure I'm going to go ahead and drive up after I get out of work. My shift ends at 3 so I can probably be there around 8 or so, which probably won't be in time for brawl singles but the smashfest sounds like it will be more than worth the drive.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yo its just a game i used to play in my room by myself n i got good enough to win $$$ in tournaments i dont have the $$$$ to spend to me up every weekened or even every other like ny is just too big the only advantage they have is truly the most important one

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
yo its just a game i used to play in my room by myself n i got good enough to win $$$ in tournaments i dont have the $$$$ to spend for me to go up every weekened or even every other like ny is just too big the only advantage they have is truly the most important one
so are u saying ur going or not? seriously, if it can't be changed oh well. what advantage may u be talking about? how close they live to each other? there are sacrifices like TEG said that we make for this game, so i think it's best to keep things the way they are. no one said getting to certain places would be easy

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Nice pep talk. Syryacuse is still going. Aside from brawl. Brawl wise. I heard beta and erk might be trying to get a ride for this still. but our car is full. So if manalord is going maybe he can swing by and pick them up. Im pretty sure their syracuse. CbC you should come up. Beg kidz to take you.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
if i can get a full car then ill come through syracuse othwerise there is a shorter way for me but not by much

even better syracuse busses to oswego so if its not too much you can come to os i can pick u up then go to roch

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
Beta and I are workin' on it. Just found out my work schedule and I'm feeling a wicked stomach bug coming conveniently 3 hours before my shift on the day of the tournament. Go figure.

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
Nice pep talk. Syryacuse is still going. Aside from brawl. Brawl wise. I heard beta and erk might be trying to get a ride for this still. but our car is full. So if manalord is going maybe he can swing by and pick them up. Im pretty sure their syracuse. CbC you should come up. Beg kidz to take you.
who is kidz? i will literally beg to go D: if they are passing through i want in. I'm already ready to go. im already ready to beg. T~T

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Jessie, do you think you're willing to do this smashfest for the next one? Like I said earlier, the whole smashfest is really making me wish i didnt already buy tickets for viridian city...
BTW, Snakee is gonna come along with me to all future W/CNY tourneys.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
CBC, there's MarioMoonshine. He would take us provided if we pitch in for gas also. I got the drive for it, but I just need the ride that's all. If not, I'll try to see how zOMGRob is goin and Tim. I can just barely fit.

Also TEG, awesome pep talk, made me proud to be a smasher.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: My high school football coach gave better pep talks.

The length and syntax get my thumbs up approval, though.

Top Bottom