• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Okuser

Smash Ace
Because I don't think diddies infinite is that much harder than pikachus quick attack lock and you'll see ESAM bust that **** out all the time and I play with a mid level pikachu that does it to me every match basically lol even though I DI it perfectly.

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
GDX has to joe/phaze in his pool (dunno who phaze is)
Sails has jband, puffster, and rafa (dunno who rafa is)
ADHD has bjay/BMX
I have ryo/helpr/smurf
Suinoko has logic/arty/ish
zinoto has inui/m@v/paper
LP has luckay/gtz (dunno who gtz is)
flip has poyo/croi/s!c/ralph cecil

Player-1

Smash Legend
same inputs as a glidetoss. Glidetossing you're cancelling your roll, instant tossing your cancelling your air dodge.

so it's just catch it with r and throw with c stick immediately

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
DRN is in my pool too. hopefully we meet in WF so we don't have to play

lol I have otori too how did you miss him

Player-1

Smash Legend
I only lsited the people that we were likely to play against since we weren't going to play out WF/LS but now we are

****ing olimar

Sails

Smash Ace
Sails has jband, puffster, and rafa (dunno who rafa is)
Rafa is from Mexico, Snake main.
GTZ is from MA, G&W main.

I'm not really pleased about my pool what with having 9B, JBand, Dapuffster, and NEO. Not only has Dapuffster never been PR and I have two seasons straight, but I also had Apex qualifier points taken away from me because of poor attendance at GUTS. I'm hoping I can get it changed a bit, but worst case scenario I don't and have to try 300%. I've also lost to JBand and NEO (Only his MK though, beat his Marth) before and Dapuffster will Jiggle my Kong.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Guys, I'll be watching the stream (live or video saves), so you better do good job. Good luck you all.

I also will be in an international tournament this weekend. The tournament is going to be in Merida (Venezuela), and there is going to be people from Colombia and Venezuela. Wish me luck.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
btw all of the diddys in that post and any other diddy mains at apex need to get a picture together at some point
I'm down cos I want to meet all the other Diddy mains. And hopefully get training matches with you guys. I'm going to be seeking you guys out. Also, I'm routing for any Diddy Kong to win this thing.

tibs7

Smash Champion
rofl yeah heard hes amazing.
p1, did you get my bro/play him?

oih and where the pools listed?

Player-1

Smash Legend
No not yet

I got 2nd seed beat ryo lost to rich brown

Zinoto got 2nd seed he lost to denti

LP lost to mvd got 2nd seed

Gdx lost to negga a wifi diddy and DRN and didn't make it out

ADHD got first beating bjay and someone else idk

Suinoko beat nakat and got first, went to 1 stock 3 minute sudden death

Fliphop made it out dunno what seed

Vega4

Smash Ace
I need advices vs Fox. I have a tournament in a couple of hours, so hurry up please.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Peanuts

Having 1 banana in your hand always guarantees a punish. Fox's kill options vs diddy are limited and he has poor shield pressure so don't worry too much about using shield a lot. Fox also has a hard time dealing w fair and side b when it's safe

zmx

Smash Lord
i need advice for the falco mu. i have no idea what to do :(
If they abuse reflector, simply side B at them on reaction. It will punish it every time. With a banana in hand this is very powerful as they'll be expecting you to throw it and use that reflector.

Punishing Falco's side B with banana tossses is ideal since they cover so much space.

Once you get them offstage without a jump, do a strong banana toss, if they get hit by it, all you have to do is fast fall edge hog and it will gimp them.

So it's really about baiting out Falco's options.

Oh and make sure you have a banana in hand at all times at low percent. This way even if you get CG-spike and don't SDI the dair, you can simply throw the banana up to prevent them from edge hogging and up B safely back.

Just a few things to come to mind.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
If they abuse reflector, simply side B at them on reaction. It will punish it every time. With a banana in hand this is very powerful as they'll be expecting you to throw it and use that reflector.

Punishing Falco's side B with banana tossses is ideal since they cover so much space.

Once you get them offstage without a jump, do a strong banana toss, if they get hit by it, all you have to do is fast fall edge hog and it will gimp them.

So it's really about baiting out Falco's options.

Oh and make sure you have a banana in hand at all times at low percent. This way even if you get CG-spike and don't SDI the dair, you can simply throw the banana up to prevent them from edge hogging and up B safely back.

Just a few things to come to mind.
To add to this, you can crawl under improper SHDL (if they do the 2nd laser right, itll be silent and be able to hit you crawling) though powershielding through them would be a better option

Try staying away for a bit at first to try to see if they are fishing for grabs or not, if so you can just weave in and out of grab ranges and punish them for it, crossup on their shield so they cant shield grab your pressure, jump around them when you start getting close and make sure to always land outside of grab range to see if you can bait it out

Utilt can juggle falco better than against most other chars so thatll rack up a good amount of damage at low percents

Watch out for Jab>grab.

General gameplan should just be to get falco offstage and punish his recovery by putting him back offstage to repeat the situation until his death. I believe you can also crawl under reflector and DTilt him for it but I generally dont go for that so Im not 100% on it, anyone else can double check this?

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
To add to this, you can crawl under improper SHDL (if they do the 2nd laser right, itll be silent and be able to hit you crawling) though powershielding through them would be a better option

Try staying away for a bit at first to try to see if they are fishing for grabs or not, if so you can just weave in and out of grab ranges and punish them for it, crossup on their shield so they cant shield grab your pressure, jump around them when you start getting close and make sure to always land outside of grab range to see if you can bait it out

Utilt can juggle falco better than against most other chars so thatll rack up a good amount of damage at low percents

Watch out for Jab>grab.

General gameplan should just be to get falco offstage and punish his recovery by putting him back offstage to repeat the situation until his death. I believe you can also crawl under reflector and DTilt him for it but I generally dont go for that so Im not 100% on it, anyone else can double check this?
can you really just crawl under reflector? i thought the hit box for that can go like into the stage a bit. if i knew about this i would have been doing that!

so crawl under lasers or powershield. punish predictable recovery. dont approach till after chain grab percent? this all seems kinda obvious since i try it. bananas just dont seem to work as well for me in this mu :( the bananas can get reflected and the side b instead of throwing the banana mind game doesnt work because of the reflector!

i mean i dont think im awful at the mu given that i can usually get falco down to one stock offline. not a pro falco but an average falco. i still feel uncomfortable with that mu. anyone else feel that way?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Marth mains been getting like 17th at big tournaments for ever. Now it's Marth with those sprinkles of top 8 and diddys getting those placements.

IN JOKE of extremeness though, my bad.
diddy isnt good.... been saying it for ages.

well hes not 3rd best character good anyway. thats for sure.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Placed 4th seed in my pool. Losing to Mikeneko then losing to Kingtoon.

Bracket faced Rain 1st round 0-2 then faced Waymas 0-2.

Could've done better, but oh well.

Top Bottom