• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
idk if diddy kong truly needs this but i was in the falco boards and they have an entire thread dedicated to learning the mk mu. falcos seemed to do really well against mk at apex since xzax almost beat nairo and i think dehf did too. maybe if we get character specific threads maybe diddy's will start doing better again? idk just an idea. im still a diddy noob :<

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so are we gonna go with it? make character specific mu threads? like mk and snake and falco? not just those. which ever characters give diddy most trouble

Tigrex777

Smash Rookie
I think the general MU information should be updated, too. We actually haven't finished discussing all the characters like Fox and other select few that could be met in tourney at some point. I know there are a lot of obscure MUs I don't know yet.

:phone:

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
I think I agree with jellybeanman. I fought a Fox with my Diddy once and got knocked out of tournament. I use G&W against him in a friendly after I'm eliminated and my G&W wins. My Diddy is considerably better than my G&W and I get asked "Why I didn't use G&W in the tournament".
... I will admit to high performance inconsistency because that was only my second tournament.

MU threads would help a lot. I don't think they need to be extremely detailed. I'm at least certain it should be possible to discuss more than one MU at a time. Extremely intense analysis is fine I think for the top guys, but I think the club level might appreciate a larger volume of information sometimes so that it can prepare for those unfamiliar matchups just a bit better, instead of knowing one MU so well a dissertation can be written on it.

One might suppose that to do this, one should just watch videos. But a lot of the time when I'm watching a video, I forget to be critical. It's too easy to shut off the critical thinking center when watching a three or five game set. I think words help with this.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so i tested it out. diddy kongs side b does beat out falcos side b. so if you're feeling risky then it might be a good idea to read the recovery and side b :) also you can duck under falcos reflector when crawling. but the side b thing can be very useful i think

were these known already? i was told to test it but i was just told it was already known

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
maybe we should just copy paste some of the matchup chart stuff into a matchup thread of some sort

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
What's the best thing for diddy to do when an MK has me on the ledge and is waiting for me? If I jump he'll jump and nair. If I roll he grabs or does anything he wants. If I do that drop jump thing.. Well that gets predictable. Is there a way to safely get a banana out when I'm on the ledge to help?

:phone:

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know about safe, but I think you're okay if you do it perfectly
For BF, FD, YI; drop down and wall jump before plucking a banana, then catch it and re-grab the ledge (FD timing gets tricky, don't risk PS1, Lylat tilts, and I think it doesn't work on Smashville). Zinoto has a really cool Diddy video which includes getting bananas off the ledge using other methods, which might be safer against Meta.

There isn't really a safe way up without a banana. Get up attack under 100% is possible, but I think a Meta Knight is too dangerous for that. Don't waste your banana either, because then you have to pull out a new one and you're just asking to be gimped the second time.

It's okay if Meta gets your banana if you get back onto the stage. Even if you don't, if you can instant toss proficiently it still might even be favorable to having a Meta with his :abutton: arsenal on the ledge.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
i have the slightest chance of going but there might be a chance i can go. it'll be my first out of state tourney and it'll be across the country but i hope to go!

Napos

Smash Ace
only time Melee outshines when all the melee fanboys went nuts for semi-finals. Who wouldn't! both great gAmes.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vega4 you are the dumbest poster on the Diddy boards and that's not an achievement to be proud of.

:059:

Top Bottom