• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Vega4

Smash Ace
@Player-1, @Zinoto. Anti is asking in Allisbrawl for a top non-MK player for teaming with in Apex. This is a solid chance to get top 8 or even better in doubles, don't let go this oportunity...

Luigi player

Smash Master
what about aerials? every once in a while i'll do an aerial while holding the banana. not catching it
If you catch a banana with bair you are able to do other aerials after that without throwing it (that goes for Diddy, since his bair is the only aerial he has that is ending soon enough for this to work). The same happens if you use downB in the air. You can still do any aerial without throwing the banana that you have in hand if you use it right after the downB.

Other than that you can Z-Drop a banana in mid-air at about the peak of your jumps and then use an aerial right after to catch it again.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
how does one handle the lucario mu? :< hes so hard to fight.. also pikachu. maybe i just use diddy kong wrong. i need to get some diddy videos so mine can be critiqued..

tibs7

Smash Champion
@zinoto: his name is Attila. A snake player, best snake in aus. 2nd best to me. It will be soooo good to watch

:phone:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I think there are two Attila's at Apex now. There is one from Canada, and they both happen to play ICs, it's weird. Idk who the Attila from Cananda mains though.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
For some reason you don't use both bananas, which hinders :diddy: A LOT. You play rush down too much, which is why I think you have the troubles you do. It's decent against heavier characters since you can combo them so well, but against characters like :olimar:, :metaknight:, and :warioc: you can get messed up pretty badly. Slow down the tempo and learn how to utilize both bananas. You try to overwhelm your opponent with a constant flurry of attacks, but that's simply not how :diddy: wins. Use more retreating options and bait your opponent into coming to you. I think doing that will significantly improve your game.

Let's go.

Lol Vega won't let me back in the boards if I decline, so let's do it. $5 ok with you?

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
are any of you able to mentor my diddy kong? my diddy kong is kinda bad i think. i can beat below average players easily. when i get to high average then i start to get bodied. i do fine up till them tho.

if none of you can what does it take to have a good item game? i have some banana tricks when im stuck on the ledge but thats almost it for any real tricks. i cant even get the bananas set up for a double nana lock :/ well i can rarely but its hard for me to get it done right since they usually see it coming

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so P1 are you actually able to mentor me? im mostly looking for a wifi mentor since thats the easiest way to brawl and be mentored i think. unless i meet up with someone at a tourney or something.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Im going to be an inverse P-1 and start using Diddy seriously.

Also, happy new year :3

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Since alot of the Diddy Mains are showing up to this.

We should do a Diddy Crew MM vs another character? GOGOGOGO

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Decent? Isnt he a top wario from japan?
Idk decent just sounds like a very meh level. Like you dont go 2 and out in respectable tournies but not much further.

Vega4

Smash Ace
A little offtopic question.
Somebody knows a really decent Twitch.tv app to watch streams on the iPad?
The official app is not the most reliable and often is hard to find and watch the streams on it. And you can't even see your suscriptions nor the recorded videos that every channel use to have.

Apex is pretty close, so, any suggestion?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Why don't more diddies use the single nana lock?

I'm pretty sure ADHD, p1, and zinoto all can do it

Actually I think im the only somewhat notable diddy that doesnt do it. And thats because I never wanted/tried to learn it

Top Bottom