• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Gah.. Well I guess it's just me then. Second thread that's been shut down on me. First one wasn't even given a chance.

Bah, it's alright. I could care less, really. Just a thread.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Peachguard, your thread sucked.

I brought the Peach boards a masterpiece.

I like how Air kind of just locked it without posting or telling me though.

Such a killjoy.

Absolute killjoy.

Edits posts and doesn't afraid of anything.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Peachguard, your thread sucked.

I brought the Peach boards a masterpiece.

I like how Air kind of just locked it without posting or telling me though.

Such a killjoy.

Absolute killjoy.

Edits posts and doesn't afraid of anything.
Sucked or not, it was the same thing. All you were doing was showing off a GC controller skin. So, I asked people about my sig. What's the **** difference?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I answered that question already lol.

Anyway this clearly shows Air isn't bias as you suggested.

I think he should be though. There's no way there should be equal treatment between me and people who only post in the Daily Question and SD. Looool.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Peachguard is dumb though. He just threw me under the bus by complaining to you.

OH NO IF RAZ CAN HAVE A SPAM THREAD THEN WHY CAN'T I

It's coz your sig is bad and you're very cool screwing people who have nothing to do with you.

What bothers me isn't that my thread was locked but that some useless peach with absolutely zero value to the boards had to continuously ***** and ***** and ***** to Air to get mine~ locked.

We don't even talk so don't go implementing me when you screwed up.

Go back to your hole in the SD and stay there.

You're such a woman lol.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
-__-

Let's just get back to questions please and thanks. I don't want my finger to slip and accidently click the ban button when giving your infraction.

Peachguard, if you're responding do so by VMs/PMs which is what you should have done Raz *headache*. K thx

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
hmm...does anyone know hooooow exactly the bounce off of shields and spotdodges for peach bomber works? is there rly a way to get it consistently? i know that being in the air helps sometimes but it's not guaranteed or anything. anyone know?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Peachguard is dumb though. He just threw me under the bus by complaining to you.

It's coz your sig is bad and you're very cool screwing people who have nothing to do with you.

What bothers me isn't that my thread was locked but that some useless peach with absolutely zero value to the boards had to continuously ***** and ***** and ***** to Air to get mine~ locked.

You're such a woman lol.
Holy crap.
I thought I was bad.

Props homie.

I think it has to do with the body being exposed due to the shield being small.
Yep, thats exactly what it is.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
aah that cud be useful then. coz liiiiike it's easy to get dmg and combo at low percents but at mid/high percents it's harder to rack dmg so i gotta hit 'em harder and bomber is satisfying to hit with lol.

tyz

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I answered that question already lol.

Anyway this clearly shows Air isn't bias as you suggested.

I think he should be though. There's no way there should be equal treatment between me and people who only post in the Daily Question and SD. Looool.
Lmfao. I post everywhere. Obviously you haven't read what I've contributed. May it be little or a whole page worth, so be it. I contribitued. And it's not only on the Peach boards but I've posted in the DK boards, and I'm starting to post more on the Pika boards too. I do go to the SD board a lot because I love to **** around. Sorry for being human.

You're such a woman lol.
Honeslty, I felt like I was being singled out because I wasn't "you" or another well known Peach. And I never mentioned your name on my message to Air. I wasn't screwing with you either. I HONESTLY thought it would be okay for me to post something similar to that. Then again, I see that my thread gets shot down instantly.

And, I don't really feel like I'm being the "woman" here. You're the one acting like you're on your period. Your thread had nothing more to contribute than mine did.

You don't even know me so don't go around assuming things. I haven't, apart from the fact that I thought you wouldn't be such a woman about a stupid thread.

Lol, last post Air, I promise.

I greatly apologize, Air. I just see it a lot, and it looked the same here. I've realized it's something diferent.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh i'm not being a woman about anything. i just thought you should know that i think you're a ***it. threads don't matter but you should own up to doing me dirty.

:|

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
oh i'm not being a woman about anything. i just thought you should know that i think you're a ***it. threads don't matter but you should own up to doing me dirty.

:|
I didn't mean to attack you, if you feel like that. Honestly, the last thing I want to do is start a fight. I'm trying to help out the boards, but that really doesn't get noticed. Everything I say gets challenged without easily being tested by the chellengee, or over looked. That's why I'm in the SD and Daily Question thread a lot. I'm a very social person(I actually just posted, lol).

And sure, go ahead and think I'm a ******. I could care less what people over the internet think about me. It's all in the past, for me. It happned, and what was said has been said. Now you have that choice to change your mind about people, instead of just assuming what kind of a person they are all just from one stupid, missunderstood incident.

I'm sorry for getting your thread closed. It wasn't my intention, and I NEVER asked or suggested for it to be closed.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
1:00 Peach boards drama

gogogogo!
Lmfao. Naw, it's done for me.

Peach Questions now, please.

Unless Raz has a reply to my post.

THEN we should discuss that Skanky Peach more. :)

But for now, something I've realized about Peach..

Through my research in trying to draw Peach, I've noticed that her shape is almost completly based on a heart.

Her eyes
Her Head
Her Frontal part of the hair
Her sexy lips too

It's pretty interesting...

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Serious question:

What is the best way to recover vs a MK? Peach has the worst airdodge, abysmal fall speed, and is out prioritized completely. What options are there?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
oh i'm just trolling.
<3 lol.
Serious question:

What is the best way to recover vs a MK? Peach has the worst airdodge, abysmal fall speed, and is out prioritized completely. What options are there?
Yeah, this can be a major *****. the best way to recover is to take ledges. :|

If you're to high in damage to fall to the ground, don't bother trying to land on your feet.

Take the ledge.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Thing is she isn't always outprioritized... her dair spaced correctly can knock him.

The thing is you have to pracically guess to space it correctly or you trade hits with uair/nair. And God forbid he doesn't shuttle loop...

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Thing is she isn't always outprioritized... her dair spaced correctly can knock him.

The thing is you have to pracically guess to space it correctly or you trade hits with uair/nair. And God forbid he doesn't shuttle loop...
That's why I don't do it. :(

If you have your float, you can save it for his shuttle loop lol. You'll float right above him.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
It does not beat his up air if he spaces it correctly, which is not difficult to do to someone who falls as slow as peach.

I think the safest place to be is the ledge, but I always have trouble getting there. MK can do so much... Praxis, llod, someone good, get in hereeee

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
if he's chasing u out there use your float to stall his jumps. when his jumps run out then u can bomber back.

also pay attention to the way he's spacing b/c if he's coming out there trying to gimp you u might be able to snake a fair in on MK. it works pretty well sometimes but just sometimes.

the key is to save your double jump and float whenever possible and if you can help it try to get to the stage or ledge without having to up b from below.

it's a tricky situation. ooooh and ya gotta learn shuttle loop spacing. if u don't already use mk then you shud watch vids and see how mk's space to gimp w/ loop. if you are in above and in front of MK in the air then he can gimp u w/ shuttle loop. even if it means killing himself in the process just know that he caaan.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeah, the shuttle loop is a major *****. If anything you'll need to watch for the shuttle or Nado in arial chases.

Other than that, just go for the ledge, it's really the only safe place you could go to.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
It does not beat his up air if he spaces it correctly, which is not difficult to do to someone who falls as slow as peach.

I think the safest place to be is the ledge, but I always have trouble getting there. MK can do so much... Praxis, llod, someone good, get in hereeee
I feel like I asked this question a while ago, but the responses I got weren't too clear. Also I've been criticized several times by several people about how I'm not too great at recovering back to the stage. But, I have thought about this a little bit, especially against MK, so I do have a little input.

Common things MK can do to edgeguard:
~Shuttle loop: An easy gimp if you're not careful. Shuttle loop has wrecked me several times before, especially at not-too-wide stages like YI. MK's get under/a little in front of Peach and shuttle loop. If it hits, then it truly is an easy kill.
~Dair: Often when Peach is recovering from below. If hit right, then Peach gets gimped. MK has a lot of jumps and a great recovery, which mean he isn't afraid to chase you for the dair. Don't feel too safe when recovering from below. Dair can also stage spike/send you beneath the actual stage.
~Fair: This happens a lot too. MK jumps until he's at your vertical height and fairs you, sometimes killing you, and sometimes pushing you back.
~Uair: Usually when MK can't get to your height, he uair. Simple

Things Peach can do to prevent being edgeguarded:
~Dair: Dair is pretty useful, although it is predictable and can be outspaced/outtimed. Dair beats shuttle loop when MK uses it in the air, which is pretty helpful, but I believe MK can space it to hit the front of Peach, not her feet (so dair misses). If dair hits, then it's pretty easy to get to the stage.
~Fair: Very useful when you know MK is gonna chase you. A lot of people think you're going to run away, so chasing them instead can give them a surprise. One hit gives you an easy recovery
~Air dodge: Not the best move. If the MK is jumping/falling, waiting for you to do something, air dodging gives him the perfect chance to hit you with... anything. Air dodging can be used to try to predict MK's attacks, but if it doesn't work, then you're screwed.
~Side-B/Uair/Bair: I've been told that these moves help by changing your momentum, confusing MK, and giving you a chance to get to the stage. I haven't used these much, but I know some people do. It's usually a better idea to try to get the actual hit, though, to give you a safer journey.
Up+B: The obvious recovery move, and sometimes you can use it like Snake's Up+B and go over everything. The problem is Mk can get up there and shuttle loop/uair you out. Peach also falls pretty slowly, even when FFing, so be prepared for some serious changes of direction when trying to get to the floor.

Ledge vs On the stage:
~Ledge: I love the ledge. Getting onto the ledge gives you those amazing invincibility frames, which can easily get you back on top of the stage. Going for the ledge is best when recovering from below, and if you can up+B onto the ledge, then you don't have to worry too much about being edgeguarded. The ledge helps, because if you weren't able to hit MK away from you when recovering (which is harder when recovering from below), then the invincibility boost is awesome.
~On the stage: I prefer going directly to the top of stage if I start recovering from somewhat above the stage to extremely high. If you can get past MK with a dair, fair, or whatever, and you're falling down to get back to the stage (as opposed to jumping/up+Bing), then I prefer going directly to the stage. This gives you a chance to get a turnip, run away, or whatever.

Overall:
For me, MK is the hardest character to get through when recovering. He has a billion jumps, and can hit you in so many ways. As I said, I prefer going directly to the stage when I start high, and I prefer going to the ledge when I start low. From the ledge, you can get up in a lot of ways, so that isn't too much of a problem. In my opinion, the most important part is to hit MK in any sort of way. If you can get that, then you honestly have a free ride home. Of course, MK can chase you again, but you at least get the head start. MK can be beaten

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I feel like I asked this question a while ago, but the responses I got weren't too clear. Also I've been criticized several times by several people about how I'm not too great at recovering back to the stage. But, I have thought about this a little bit, especially against MK, so I do have a little input.

Common things MK can do to edgeguard:
~Shuttle loop: An easy gimp if you're not careful. Shuttle loop has wrecked me several times before, especially at not-too-wide stages like YI. MK's get under/a little in front of Peach and shuttle loop. If it hits, then it truly is an easy kill.
~Dair: Often when Peach is recovering from below. If hit right, then Peach gets gimped. MK has a lot of jumps and a great recovery, which mean he isn't afraid to chase you for the dair. Don't feel too safe when recovering from below. Dair can also stage spike/send you beneath the actual stage.
~Fair: This happens a lot too. MK jumps until he's at your vertical height and fairs you, sometimes killing you, and sometimes pushing you back.
~Uair: Usually when MK can't get to your height, he uair. Simple

Things Peach can do to prevent being edgeguarded:
~Dair: Dair is pretty useful, although it is predictable and can be outspaced/outtimed. Dair beats shuttle loop when MK uses it in the air, which is pretty helpful, but I believe MK can space it to hit the front of Peach, not her feet (so dair misses). If dair hits, then it's pretty easy to get to the stage.
~Fair: Very useful when you know MK is gonna chase you. A lot of people think you're going to run away, so chasing them instead can give them a surprise. One hit gives you an easy recovery
~Air dodge: Not the best move. If the MK is jumping/falling, waiting for you to do something, air dodging gives him the perfect chance to hit you with... anything. Air dodging can be used to try to predict MK's attacks, but if it doesn't work, then you're screwed.
~Side-B/Uair/Bair: I've been told that these moves help by changing your momentum, confusing MK, and giving you a chance to get to the stage. I haven't used these much, but I know some people do. It's usually a better idea to try to get the actual hit, though, to give you a safer journey.
Up+B: The obvious recovery move, and sometimes you can use it like Snake's Up+B and go over everything. The problem is Mk can get up there and shuttle loop/uair you out. Peach also falls pretty slowly, even when FFing, so be prepared for some serious changes of direction when trying to get to the floor.

Ledge vs On the stage:
~Ledge: I love the ledge. Getting onto the ledge gives you those amazing invincibility frames, which can easily get you back on top of the stage. Going for the ledge is best when recovering from below, and if you can up+B onto the ledge, then you don't have to worry too much about being edgeguarded. The ledge helps, because if you weren't able to hit MK away from you when recovering (which is harder when recovering from below), then the invincibility boost is awesome.
~On the stage: I prefer going directly to the top of stage if I start recovering from somewhat above the stage to extremely high. If you can get past MK with a dair, fair, or whatever, and you're falling down to get back to the stage (as opposed to jumping/up+Bing), then I prefer going directly to the stage. This gives you a chance to get a turnip, run away, or whatever.

Overall:
For me, MK is the hardest character to get through when recovering. He has a billion jumps, and can hit you in so many ways. As I said, I prefer going directly to the stage when I start high, and I prefer going to the ledge when I start low. From the ledge, you can get up in a lot of ways, so that isn't too much of a problem. In my opinion, the most important part is to hit MK in any sort of way. If you can get that, then you honestly have a free ride home. Of course, MK can chase you again, but you at least get the head start. MK can be beaten
I agree 136%.

Another thing is if timed right, your Fair can beat out MetaKnights Nado. Make sure you use it at the top corners of the nado, as if you were going to make a slam dunk into a basktball hoop. If you have your float, save it. It's good for mind games and screwing up Meta's timing. It's good for avoiding shuttle loop and many of his other arials. I wouldn't bother using Nair aproaching from the air, either. Don't use solid body hit boxes. Just stick too Fair and Dair.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't bother using Nair aproaching from the air, either. Don't use solid body hit boxes. Just stick too Fair and Dair.
This is something i dont agree with. Fair needs to be saved for kills. It might work vs ok metaknights but this mostlikely wont work against good ones. Dair should not be used predictably because they can di out and hit you with anything... ive had them di out then hit me with nair, dair, fair, upair o.o, shuttle loop and even nado sometimes ): infact the best thing to do is to just react to what they are doing then counter them... also dont jump in the air a lot because that is a free nado for them... its hard to explain this matchup since meta has basically 3 moves that can completely shut you down... ):

Ced5000

Smash Cadet
ok just picked up peach as a potential secondary and been learning her for the past week or so I realize this question has been probly answered a million times but cant find a clear answer, can you consistently free pull without B-sticking?

ok just picked up peach as a potential secondary and been learning her for the past week or so I realize this question has been probly answered a million times but cant find a clear answer, can you consistently free pull without B-sticking?
That is the question of the decade here on the peach boards. We have devised ways to do it without b-sticking, however, the input timing is strict enough that it appears to be very difficult to pull off consistantly. Perhaps if you practiced like everyday you would get it down.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Silly Kyle says he has it down.

Make it record five minutes of non-edited footage for proof! >:D

LanceStern

Smash Lord
This is something i dont agree with. Fair needs to be saved for kills. It might work vs ok metaknights but this mostlikely wont work against good ones. Dair should not be used predictably because they can di out and hit you with anything... ive had them di out then hit me with nair, dair, fair, upair o.o, shuttle loop and even nado sometimes ): infact the best thing to do is to just react to what they are doing then counter them... also dont jump in the air a lot because that is a free nado for them... its hard to explain this matchup since meta has basically 3 moves that can completely shut you down... ):

They should not be able to di out and nair/fair you unless your spacing is off... that's crazy

Ced5000

Smash Cadet
That is the question of the decade here on the peach boards. We have devised ways to do it without b-sticking, however, the input timing is strict enough that it appears to be very difficult to pull off consistantly. Perhaps if you practiced like everyday you would get it down.
Dam sucks to hear ill try to see if i can get it down still though cuz I really hate B-sticking >,<

Top Bottom