• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Being on the ledge is just such a vulnerable position. Avoid it as much as possible, despite how "safe" it might be. When getting back on stage it's best to plank until an opening appears. Wait until the charged fsmash finishes to fair. Get-up attack or nair if they wanna be cute and be that close. Uair if they come down from above. Ledge-jumped dair also eats a lot and is super quick. Mix in normal get-up, roll, and ledge-jumped airdodge and you're good.

Peach Bomber from the ledge also works strictly as a mix-up.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Okay thanks. I was hoping there would be some kinda all around good option but I guess it's all about picking which option works at the time.

What are some good thing's to legitimately combo out of a forward glide toss? I usually do jabs and grabs but I was kinda thinking ftilt or ground floated nair might work.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Okay thanks. I was hoping there would be some kinda all around good option but I guess it's all about picking which option works at the time.

What are some good thing's to legitimately combo out of a forward glide toss? I usually do jabs and grabs but I was kinda thinking ftilt or ground floated nair might work.
Well for mix ups, what I do, you can glide toss into single jab, and then into a grab.

Instead of always doing that, after a while to punish them trying to predict the grab you can go into a charged Fsmash or Ftilt.

That also goes for AC Fair.

What usually works is allowing them to predict your grab a couple times, then start punishing their spot dodge. The mix up has killing potential.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
That thread is awesome, I forgot it existed. Thanks to both you guys.

Is there anything other than upsmash, uptilt, and double hit nair worth getting out of Wario's grab release? I was thinking on the lines of footstooling.

And does the same stuff that work on wario work against squirtle?

I have my first tournament for brawl in 2 days so is there anything even generic that you'd recommend for someone going all Peach?

...and don't say use a better character heh

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Is elev8 picking up Peach?
YES!
Yeah man! I have a lot of fun playing with her! I definitely still consider myself a ICs main, but i think i can play Peach well enough to be considered a reliable secondary. I'm going to post a video of me playing (what i would consider) well. Then i have a video of me losing to an mk on Rainbow cruise from a tournament last saturday. I just want some insight on what i did well and what i can improve on. Just waiting for the vids to be uploaded.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Does Peach have a BDACUS?

And I am wondering for anyone with the ability to use frame data:

Something common I do is floating dair to an opponent around mid-level, then smash throw a turnip up, and go into an uair string. I'm wondering if I buffer the uair after I smash throw the turnip up, can the opponent do anything? Specifically, can a d3/bowser jump out or nair?

Because it looks like if I buffer it perfectly, they can't do anything but get wrecked (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JVkpCt5Rxc)

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
basically you run towards the edge and just as about you're going to go off you press down-b then hold the analog stick towards the side you were running and you well go off the platform.. that's how you platform cancel turnips.
but you can cancel your other specials as well as you time it, you know i think you cancel ANYTHING that's not a roll or ground dodge on the ledge. i think i even canceled are hard landing (the landing while you're still in a tumble state from an attack) on a ledge, i know i didn't get any lag when i landed and i know i didn't tech it, i landed and was able to jump immediately after. could someone research more about this?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You're thinking ledge canceling Demi.

Platform canceling is that one thing you can only do on Smashville and Lylat or whatever.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Wish I could test that out for you Lance. It looks promising and I'd like to know as well.

My question though is how well of a secondary would Lucario make for Peach? Bad choice? Good choice? Not worth my time? D:
I'm considering picking him up, again..... but seriously this time.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
question about B-Sticking

I just tried to to do that freepulling or w/e its called

and frankly, its either my controller or my game thats being gay as ****, i dash->cStickv->dash

but for some reason the game registers a jump. what the **** >.>

Is it just my controller thats doing this or does it do this on all copies of brawl

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I think it just takes more practice.

It did that for me also, I just never practiced hard enough to get it down.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so to get it right, i'd have to return the control stick back to neutral before i cstick down, then dash again?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'll be writing a small guide on b-sticking soon, Calvo.

To answer your question... one sec. I'm at my Wii now, I'll just look at what my hands do. :p

Wait, dash? You're talking about the dashpull then (bonewalk).

You do return to neutral, yes.

Foxtrot -> Return Control Stick to Neutral -> B-stick Turnip Pull while holding forward on the Control Stick

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Bonewalk without Bstick: Run forward (foxtrot), press down and B at the same time, and then press forward again. It takes a little practice to get the timing down for the down+B, but it isn't too bad

So I have a question. I've only seen this at brinstar for some reason, but it probably works everywhere. When I have a turnip in hand, and as I land from a platform onto the main ground, right before my feet touch the floor, I throw the turnip up. For some reason, Peach has the animation of throwing the turnip up (she puts her hand in the air as if throwing it), but the turnip stays in her hand.... It's weird... What's happening in this?

Also, what characters can Peach grab release->jab against? Some characters land too far away to jab...

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
Don't know If this is the right place since the thread has been inactive for a couple of days so sorry if it isn't:

Is roll dodging as a getaway option good with Peach? I was messing around with her today and found myself retreating with roll dodge a lot. Couldn't shake the bad habit for some reason but before I would just turn around and run.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well, it's much better to retreat away using float(backwards), since you still have control over your aerials as opposed to where you can get harshly punished for dodge rolling too much.

If you master free pull/ bone walk you should try that instead.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Hi.
I recently tried Peach for teh lulz and I really enjoyed her. Now I want to pick her up, but not as a serious character, but a character I want to play when I don't feel like using MK or Puff.
What do I have to keep in mind when using Peach and what can I do to also help with my MK and Puff?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How do you get back to the ground while being juggled?
This is also a weak point in my own game (god I hate being in the air), but you do have a couple of tricks. Fundamentally though, if you can, try to save your float and second jump. Also, dair is just so damn good it eats through tons of crap. Don't rely on it, but more often than not, if the other person mis-times or mis-spaces even a teeny bit, dair chomps right through.

Otherwise, I just spam a collection of tricks.

It's a fantastic escape when someone goes in for a juggle move and you simply hang out of range above them with float - during their lag FASTFALL FASTFALL.

Toad to stall and waste their air time (MAKE SURE YOU'RE HIGH UP AND OUT OF RANGE).

Bair actually scoots your hitbox back pretty fast, so you can use it as a dodge.

And while airdodge is useable, if you start getting predicted, predict back by nairing when you would normally airdodge.

Hi.
I recently tried Peach for teh lulz and I really enjoyed her. Now I want to pick her up, but not as a serious character, but a character I want to play when I don't feel like using MK or Puff.
What do I have to keep in mind when using Peach and what can I do to also help with my MK and Puff?
I'd say her most valuable and versatile trait is her item game. Since she's so unique, I don't think she'll lend herself to teaching you other characters, but if you can learn to move and play with turnips, you'll have the basics down for armor pieces, bananas, grenades, etc.

The zdrop being the most valuable, and glidetossing, if you haven't already got that down.

If you really wanna get into nuances and the real power of items: stage control. The strongest property of an item is its ability to be where you aren't, thus closing off a space and limiting your opponents options while increasing the power of your own. Cover roll areas, ledge get-ups, and even hanging out underneath falling turnips. The best thing is, once you learn turnips, one of the worst items, you can graduate to bananas and armor pieces and your **** starts doing damage, lols.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Hi.
Pressure them to death. Don't get reckless though (losing your dominance really sucks) and make sure to aaaaalways read them PERFECTLY. Stay consistent. Know what you're doing.

That's a good start. =)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I know a lot about items thanks playing Robot for years and playing against Diddy Kong so it's pretty easy for me.
What would you suggest I DON'T do?

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I know a lot about items thanks playing Robot for years and playing against Diddy Kong so it's pretty easy for me.
What would you suggest I DON'T do?
Hmmmmm....

Don't go into a match thinking that Peach's stereotypical "broken" moves will win you the match automatically. These moves, specifically dair and turnips, can be easily read if used recklessly. It's like MK's spammy moves... Even though everyone hates them, they are pretty easily beaten if you know what you're doing.

Also, don't get greedy with kills. Like many other characters (Samus, Jiggz, Sonic, etc), Peach has trouble killing. To make it worse, fair (her main killing move) is one of her best spacing tools, which means using fair decays the fair, inevitably delaying the kill. The best way to go is to avoid decaying fair, fsmash, and usmash extensively, and don't try to force a kill. Instead, continue playing like you normally do, racking up damage... until you find a good opportunity to kill your opponent. These opportunities become easier to see the more you play. They can come as early as like 80% with usmash reads, or a late as 180-200% against heavy characters that never seem to die. Don't try to force a kill, because you will either be wastefully decaying your moves or be punished.

Lastly, don't get too aggressive. Constant shield pressure is great, but keeping up the momentum can be pretty difficult if your opponent has decent OoS options. Aggressive, from what I've seen, generally leads to more fair, which decays Peach's best killing move. Don't be afraid to run away, pull out a turnip, and be cautious.

Hope I helped :p

Top Bottom