• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ORIGINALS-Last of the dying breed

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i think i'm the only person that likes brawl *sighs* i'm guessing everyone also hates chess cus theres no tech skill O.o or maybe we all like And1 basketball instead of NBA since one is slower then the other and has less tricks you can do?

o yea... reason i wanted to post....IS ANYONE GOING TO HERB THAT NEEDS A TEAMMATE

boss8

Smash Hero
mindgame matters:

Black people mindgames-Will have you completely puzzeled the whole match and leave you thinking after you've lost to these dumb mindgamez...

Spanish people mindgames-usual they have some but rarely shown....only when figured you out....

white people mindgames-are basically a ripoff of black people mindgames and spanish mindgames combined...but still are amazing at it.....

Asain people mindgames-are pretty aggresive and will keep the match fast paced at all times...this is what they want you to do...(or is it??)

lol to goodz....

Famous

Smash Champion
I guess I'm mixed...Indian actually, lol.

Indian people treats everything like a friendly and has no fear whatsoever playing

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
mindgame matters:

Black people mindgames-Will have you completely puzzeled the whole match and leave you thinking after you've lost to these dumb mindgamez...

Spanish people mindgames-usual they have some but rarely shown....only when figured you out....

white people mindgames-are basically a ripoff of black people mindgames and spanish mindgames combined...but still are amazing at it.....

Asain people mindgames-are pretty aggresive and will keep the match fast paced at all times...this is what they want you to do...(or is it??)

lol to goodz....
Ck Mindgames - Leaves you feeling stupid and then leaves you asking why ? and what is the meaning of life?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yup, CK's mindgames are too good. Just like last week when he was 3 stocking me and said, "I'm sorry Thumbs, but I don't ever see you winning this match. My mindgames are just too amazing", and I ended up winning the match.

Definitely too good.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
mindgame matters:

lol to goodz....
Those are good

my mindgame: are to throw eggs at you the whole match to annoy you I pissed off mow with my egg spam at the last C3

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Yup, CK's mindgames are too good. Just like last week when he was 3 stocking me and said, "I'm sorry Thumbs, but I don't ever see you winning this match. My mindgames are just too amazing", and I ended up winning the match.

Definitely too good.

haha ***** MM me ;p you and your cocky *** i'll leave you butthurt ;x :070:

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I have the 360 SF4, play me online!

Brawl is too goodz! Aggressive still works! You just can't be mindlessly aggressive like in melee XD Being aggressive in Brawl takes much more skill :chuckle:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think i'm the only person that likes brawl *sighs* i'm guessing everyone also hates chess cus theres no tech skill O.o or maybe we all like And1 basketball instead of NBA since one is slower then the other and has less tricks you can do?

o yea... reason i wanted to post....IS ANYONE GOING TO HERB THAT NEEDS A TEAMMATE
we dont hate brawl because there is no tech skill, we hate brawl because there is no learning curve and any MORON can play it a few times a week and be good at it. ex. in-ui, la-in, over-swarm (anti-name search ****) etc. players who tried so hard in melee and just failed miserably pick up brawl and "****", it's just funny.
the player who plays the gayest in brawl wins, woohoo.

on a side note, melee last night was so ****ing fun. travis and i played til like 8 AM. <3 games that take skill.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
YESSSSS MORE MELEE

I love this.

LOL @ Boss this past weekend when I was talking about how much I loved playing Melee for hours at Chu's against Wife/Mow and a few others even it showed how much experience I really need in this game since I got ***** a good amount [esp by Omni @_@] and he was like "....you sound like Thumbs"

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
TVC takes very little skill. With it's overpowered push-blocking system, it encourages more running and shielding than brawl. You can play "gay" in any fighting game, no matter what. It's all a matter of who can break through it and who can't.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Toasty, it is appalling that you and I both share a high love of Melee and have only played each other once, in a match that was cut off halfway through. It's even more unreal that we both attended RoM and didn't play. I'm also sad that I don't get to play Plank and G-reg and all of MD/VAs finest who still love Melee at all these days. It's so depressing.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I haven't seen any new combos/strats in melee in years. It was a bit boring watching matches in that Revival Melee tourney, cause its all stuff I've already seen countless times. I guess its just been out for that long that everything has been found out already. Still funny how I got 7th while not playing in over 6 months and constantly messing up cancels and wavedashes LOL I don't think I even wavedashed out of shield or crouch cancelled moves at all.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I haven't seen any new combos/strats in melee in years. It was a bit boring watching matches in that Revival Melee tourney, cause its all stuff I've already seen countless times. I guess its just been out for that long that everything has been found out already. Still funny how I got 7th while not playing in over 6 months and constantly messing up cancels and wavedashes LOL I don't think I even wavedashed out of shield or crouch cancelled moves at all.

Watch I Killed Mufasa II and come back and tell me there aren't any new combos in Melee :p How can you possibly criticize Melee for repetitiveness when Brawl is NOTHING but repetitiveness? I don't care if you love Brawl more than Melee, but when your arguments against Melee are hollow then I have a problem. And you got 7th because you're still amazingly smart in the game and played it for what, 7 years or something at the highest level? Your not gonna lose all your old mindgames after just a year lol

edit- lol YESSSS toasty I must play your Ness! haha don't worry about the White Castle food. Just give me some of your famous nachos next time and we'll call it even :p

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
but Azen there are so many more people now that are getting ridiculously good, the scrub:pro ratio at large tournaments is getting smaller all the time and tourneys are getting more difficult...and a lot more people have advanced knowledge of technical things in the game so the community itself can be more appreciative and more motivated to improve and then it just promotes even more growth for the community and more camaraderie.

sucks that you're tired of it though :(

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I'm still seeing new things and learning a lot in Brawl whenever I play. That doesn't happen anymore in Melee lollz, used to a few years ago.

loll simple forward smash mindgames > aggressive technical players I guess

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone see the hate comments about Azen when he said Melee sucked in the ROM video? The Youtube community is too funny.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol @ thumbs for entering the melee scene so late, dude I was playing melee since I was in middle school......I'm a dad now LOLWTF its crazy!

Atleast I had a chance to play good players in their prime :p

Stop hating and just play!

Top Bottom