• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ORIGINALS-Last of the dying breed

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I've never seen Saki at Bmore's.

I dunno who else I've teamed with there who it could be.
Dawgbowl? Probably not.
Btree? Nope.
Team Ben Pound That ****? I never teamed with him.
EE? Not with that join date.
I really don't know.

hova

Smash Champion
Just because MK is easy to pick up doesn't mean you'll place well with him unless you have skill. Most tourney hosts see this which is why MK isn't banned at most tournies. Omni's MK is very good, but again, that's due to his true skill more than anything.

I'm not planning on going back and forth with this. Just wanted to give my opinion. Again, nothing personal.

PS: Who are you calling "little"?
none of what you're saying is relevant to my line of thinking. stop assuming that you know my reasons for not liking MK

i honestly don't even think MK is that easy to play with, he's just extremely easy to win with once you are good with him

you shouldn't try calling people out when you're an idiot

PS: stop being a MK scrub

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Candy: You're not coming over on Friday anymore? :(

I've always supported the idea of banning MK at least temporarily. I don't really care if he ever gets banned or not.

I've played my fair share of MK's using MK and other characters. Not everyone is good with MK. I'm sure there was a phase with a lot of people who tried to pick up MK, failed horribly, and continued using their original main. This is just a small example on how MK doesn't necessarily bring the best results from anyone who uses him.

We've talked about whether or not MK is an accurate reflection of someone's skill. At first, I agreed with Hova thinking that he isn't, but now I'm starting to think otherwise.

There aren't a lot of people who can use MK as well as me. There are really only a few good MK mains. In MD/VA, there's me, Forte, Plank, Yoster, and Korn. I won't rank the 5 of us, but considering MD/VA is a heavily congested smash area, it's surprising that there are only really 5 MK mains (and I've only recently reverted back to using him).

It's common sense that using the best character in any game will give you an advantage as opposed to using a character who's lower on the tier list. Also, from the standpoint of people who use mid-tier characters, it's easy to feel the substantial difference between your character and MK. But the gap between MK and say, Snake or DDD, is much smaller.

It's simple enough to beat a random MK if you're smart. It's harder to beat a slightly experienced MK, but no where near close to impossible. And yes, it will be extremely hard to face a very solid MK regardless of your intelligence, but that's just how tiers work.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i am coming to your place friday!!!!!!!!!

and since wer talking about MKs.....

what the hell is every1 *****ing about?? how many MK's do you see making top 5 in our tournys... at max 1...MK use to b anoying like 6 months ago when nobody knew how to play....now that people know how to play then its not a problem....if your a good player you should have no problem dealing with MKs...if your a bad player....then you probably cant beat them b/c your bad...hence the "bad" player lol

hes just a character...if your good and lose to an MK it just could b b/c the player is straight up better than you...dont blame the character

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
LOL mk is not broken at all....ppl just need to spend time learning the matchup instead of going on smashboards complaining.....just b/c NJ has a alot of mks doesnt mean anything....there all bad except for m2k and spammer......and im not even worried about spammers mk...if anything id be worried about his wario

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i play olimar... do you know just how much harder it is to beat MK with olimar O.o if MK knows the match up well enough i'm just gonna swtich characters and use MK... its that bad

on that note... omni... MK practice?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i play olimar... do you know just how much harder it is to beat MK with olimar O.o if MK knows the match up well enough i'm just gonna swtich characters and use MK... its that bad

on that note... omni... MK practice?
then why did i lose to blackwaltz and always **** u so badly PS???

its not the character buddy...

i dont get how MK can continuously NOT win in our region OVER AND OVER and people still whine about him.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
then why did i lose to blackwaltz and always **** u so badly PS???

its not the character buddy...

i dont get how MK can continuously NOT win in our region OVER AND OVER and people still whine about him.
because you approached him wrong is why you lost, i can pick MK and probably when the match cus i know wht he should do....... and i lose to you cus i try to make brawl fun while playing oli...... i guess i can always not approach and camp the whole match *sighs* but going diddy/MK seems smarter

hova

Smash Champion
y do people assume that a person's argument concerning MK is focused on that person losing to MK

i honestly have yet to play a MK besides Omni or M2k that I have no chance of beating

my thoughts are strictly of what i've seen in other regions and a lot of matches i watched at CoT4.

i'm not considering my personal issues with the character, but instead the general characteristics of MK; strengths/weaknesses/different match ups

if you **** MK, great!! doesn't really mean ****... lose to random MKs; you suck and it also doesn't mean ****

weighing the attributes of MK against the rest of the cast and understanding what he is capable of is a good place to start

the character is ***** ridiculous and saying there are bad MK players or that he doesn't place high in Md/Va really prove a thing, just that maybe our MK mains are lacking. MK makes a slightly flawed game, completely ***** ********

also, people need to stop believing that Diddy>MK just because NL beat M2k. if you believe that i guess Melee jiggs>marth and fox

meepxzero

Smash Master
hova lol steve knows ur style inside out. Hell he knows all the cooters style inside out its kinda biased to put him on the unbeatable mk list XD. M2k is just really ****ing good at brawl.

Mk is like the equivalent of shiek in melee. ***** most of the cast has one strict counter and a lotta even or slightly better match ups.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i don't believe diddy>MK it was the fact that esoj beat plank with diddy.. thats y i said that lol

and i actually agree with your post about MK being the best based off of what you said plus a few other reason that you may not have said due to time

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
PS i will MM any of ur chars with my MK for any amount of money at any given time at any place. i can not sleep for 3 weeks, do meth for a week straight and play while someone is cutting my back open slowly with a knife and i'd probably still 2 stock you.

Top Bottom