• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ontario Pwn Classic HYPE VS TIN MAN GOING DOWN! RAY KALM AND HOLY ATTENDING

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Well i'm not sure if you've heard but he uses bowser lmao. He's picked up mk now. His results will be interesting. GG to gi though respect.

You are correct, our PR is outdated. At this tournament, You will see other mtl players such as techiyo who will be on the new PR, who will show results. You guys haven't seen Stroumbert, mar1, Guard (who is also attending), etc

Ally is ahead of all of you, So is holy. SG quit. Techiyo and Stroumbert are right up there with your top. I would put money, lots of money that Stroumbert would beat Tin and the rest of your PR

Your number one PR is mad legit, however after that...eh...
Tin man does not deserve number 2. I'm not really sure who does tbh, I suppose he has been the most consistent but I mean who has he REALLY beat? I find it fishy his bracket is always easier than others, but that's another story all together.

Next time all of mtl comes to gta (cause I know gta won't come to mtl) we should do crews, it'll be good.

Until then I'm gonna steal 20$ for your number 2 and laugh because "I'm not even ranked"

Don't believe me? Maybe I should upload my match vs ally where I two stocked his mk while getting the diddy SNL infinite on him, and ending it in a dair spike

sorry elliot ahah had to bring it up even though it was lulz :3

What happens if I do beat tin? An "unranked" scrub like me, what does that say for YOUR region GTA?
what about the old PR? the one before this was reset with all the new members? what are your views on that?

also, WTF SG quit? why?? i thought he decided hes gonna switch his main, not entirely quit. SG if youre readin this man arent you the one always tellin us to improve and try winning? cmon bro dont be a hypocrite

KingAce

Smash Ace
hey googs im not that good but i have a bit of a gambling problem would you be down to do a $50mm at this

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
would be interesting to see how crews plays out

edit: holy **** LMAO phil2good

also,i especially respect swordgard for quitting the competitive mindset, takes balls to say **** brawl lmao

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Well i'm not sure if you've heard but he uses bowser lmao. He's picked up mk now. His results will be interesting. GG to gi though respect.
That's kong's fault. Like saying HrcPoke is better with a GC controller cause he uses wiimote =_=

You are correct, our PR is outdated. At this tournament, You will see other mtl players such as techiyo who will be on the new PR, who will show results. You guys haven't seen Stroumbert, mar1, Guard (who is also attending), etc
I have seen them play. I've beaten both guard and mar1 in tourney ;)

Ally is ahead of all of you, So is holy. SG quit. Techiyo and Stroumbert are right up there with your top. I would put money, lots of money that Stroumbert would beat Tin and the rest of your PR
thats fine, all your opinion tho, not much you can do to prove that.

Stroumbert fine, he beat Holy, Techiyo, got 9/20 at the last gta tourney he attended... Maybe he's better now, but iunno how u think he's comparable to our top. Nothing to really back that up...

Your number one PR is mad legit, however after that...eh...
Tin man does not deserve number 2. I'm not really sure who does tbh, I suppose he has been the most consistent but I mean who has he REALLY beat? I find it fishy his bracket is always easier than others, but that's another story all together.
I've beaten everyone on the current southern ontario pr - culex & JMo (who I beat offline anyways) but + JL, pharoah. Keep in mind, I teamed with unranked and got 2nd in doubles, beating you in the process who was teamed with SG.

I completely deserve my position on my PR.

Next time all of mtl comes to gta (cause I know gta won't come to mtl) we should do crews, it'll be good.
If theres time, sure.

Until then I'm gonna steal 20$ for your number 2 and laugh because "I'm not even ranked"
What if you don't win? Well I'm better than that and I'm going to be modest and humble if I win. Let me know when you develop a sense of maturity. if I do lose to you tho, I will concede to MTL > GTA but until then, I'm sorry but no. Statistically, there is not enough data gathered.

Don't believe me? Maybe I should upload my match vs ally where I two stocked his mk while getting the diddy SNL infinite on him, and ending it in a dair spike
sorry elliot ahah had to bring it up even though it was lulz :3

but you lost to Gi, Pharaoh and Raidos. Like SG says, this game is about losing to the least amount of people. Beating 1 top player does not necessarily make u good.

What happens if I do beat tin? An "unranked" scrub like me, what does that say for YOUR region GTA?
It says we suck. Plain and simple. Good luck

Cruxis

Smash Lord
wow guys just stop with the talk and lets have a tourney dedicated to MTL vs GTA CREWS already

-Googs

Smash Lord
hey googs im not that good but i have a bit of a gambling problem would you be down to do a $50mm at this
See, I know you're a mad legit player but your not on the PR. If you were still an active player then this argument would be different about mtl and gta. (and you would also be #1 or 2)

The worst part is if you did come back, you would probably still place top 3. And GTA keeps saying they've improved so much, how can a player that's been so inactive place high. This is speculation, so i'm not arguing this point however if it were to happen it would hold merit.

I beat techiyo in december? but he stomped me HARD last tournament, his MK was going last hit last stock with holy. So even if you did beat him before, I am saying he is better now, and SHOULD place fairly high. I however do not know his MU experience so that might hinder him but only time will tell.

Results will show there is no point in arguing. I'm over debating, we will find out when we MM.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
Okay one last point:

The worst part is if you did come back, you would probably still place top 3. And GTA keeps saying they've improved so much, how can a player that's been so inactive place high

This paragraph says you guess we haven't improved.

I beat techiyo in december? but he stomped me HARD last tournament, his MK was going last hit last stock with holy. So even if you did beat him before, I am saying he is better now

That paragraph says you guys improved

Is improving only limited to Montreal...?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
nah googs i can tell you for sure GTA improved, i was out of the scene for 8 months and when i came back i was rusty as hell, but i remembered my opponents' playstyles from before and they have definitely improved upon it.

to make things simple i was still playin a 2009 rusty snake against some 2011 players, and i lost to/ had extremely close matches with people i used to always beat, or always place higher than.

but at the same time i think that if i stayed a regular in the scene i would have been able to beat them. but we will see in the summer, when i do become a regular again

-Googs

Smash Lord
Okay one last point:

The worst part is if you did come back, you would probably still place top 3. And GTA keeps saying they've improved so much, how can a player that's been so inactive place high

This paragraph says you guess we haven't improved.

I beat techiyo in december? but he stomped me HARD last tournament, his MK was going last hit last stock with holy. So even if you did beat him before, I am saying he is better now

That paragraph says you guys improved

Is improving only limited to Montreal...?
Are you ********? I said if an inactive player for the last 6 months and comes back to compete and places top 3, it shows NO IMPROVEMENT cause he's still the top. Techiyo wasn't inactive, He was training hard inbetween tournies.

Do you want me to say it in simpler terms?

King Ace wins tournament 6 months ago
King Ace Quits
GTA trains
GTA gets "better"
King Ace returns and still wins tournament

That shows GTA didn't actually get better.

this one was for your fetish joe

Iliad

Smash Lord
Okaaaay.... Kids. Here's a few things you need to chew on.

A) Googs is Ontario, he's not MTL. Stop feeding dat troll my du's.

B) Googs SHOULD be ranked in MTL as we discussed at the tourney and the only reason he's not, is because the PR is dead and he's a recent addition.

C) Tin-Tin, I think you can beat hype, but I don't think you'll beat Googs. Whether one is better than the other doesn't matter. Different mindset and different playstyles.

D) Phil just won this whole ****ing thread.

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
*Yawns* I woke up 2 Hours ago.
Anyway.

Montreál > Than GTA.

As well, I don't doubt that Googs can beat Tin Man.

But yeah, Montreál is better than us. We're worse, but not by much.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
considering things like gi beating king kong, i'd think GTA got better. i'll prove my improvment next tourney. I plan to get 1st and at least 2nd, outplacing kingace and hype. If i place worse, i tripped into an fsmash or someone unplugged my controller. Even if GTA may not have improved, I did for sure!

now watch videos. I'm uploading as we speak

Iliad

Smash Lord
Also for the record, get ready for more sparked controversy.

I don't think our PR is actually representative of our skill level in the GTA. Case and point is tinman. He has a playstyle that frustrates and takes players by surprise, but I genuinely believe as much as he's improved and he's genuinely become PR material, he's not our #2, and the more tournaments attended, and the more results that come in, that will be reflected. I guarantee you.

-Googs

Smash Lord

I don't think our PR is actually representative of our skill level in the GTA. Case and point is tinman. He has a playstyle that frustrates and takes players by surprise, but I genuinely believe as much as he's improved and he's genuinely become PR material, he's not our #2, and the more tournaments attended, and the more results that come in, that will be reflected. I guarantee you.
ahhh my boy iliad. This is what we've been trying to say. Thank you.

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
considering things like gi beating king kong, i'd think GTA got better. i'll prove my improvment next tourney. I plan to get 1st and at least 2nd, outplacing kingace and hype. If i place worse, i tripped into an fsmash or someone unplugged my controller. Even if GTA may not have improved, I did for sure!

now watch videos. I'm uploading as we speak
Can't unplug Wii Mote :3

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
just letting you guys know i dont practice anymore(will change in time for next national) and feel as though ive regressed in skill compared to before,im just relaxed now when i play cause i dont really care lol im garbs

Tin Man

Smash Hero

If you say so LOL. Guess I'll just have to disprove this.

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
GTA will forever be worst... come to MTL sometimes :( And I will kick everyone's ***, so do not underestimate me.
Why do we have to travel for you to kick our ***? Do you instantly become bad out of city?

Marth user ? Watch out for Illiads Marth, his spacing is divine.

And the only person i'll accept that can kick my ***, Is a Diddy main. Only character that gives me trouble.

Oh and Meta.

swordgard

Smash Hero
For the record, I still play brawl, I just stopped caring where I placed. Sheik all day any day. I might comment on this later on during my next class.

Special shootout to the old school GTA players though for coming back.

Also, who is cmedu?

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Why do we have to travel for you to kick our ***? Do you instantly become bad out of city?.
Where the **** did I mention you'd have to travel to kick my ***, which won't even happen. We always travel for you, and you guys never come here, it's just sad.

Marth user ? Watch out for Illiads Marth, his spacing is divine..
He's not even there (as I'm aware of) this week-end, and even if he was there, I'm not scared of his marth one bit (no offense intended).

And the only person i'll accept that can kick my ***, Is a Diddy main. Only character that gives me trouble.

Oh and Meta.
k.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
ok lets keep it real here.

who cares about gta vs mtl?

RUSTY SAUGA vs anyone, guarnateed loss for anyone.

RUSTY HYPE AND KINGACE - places 1 and 2 easy.

naw but im looking to see some hype matches : ) the spirit of sauga has lived on in trash talk thats all i ever wanted : )

Tin Man

Smash Hero
MM 10$ Bo5. Serious.
If we meet in brackets, the money will go to that, if not then yeah fine. This also depends on my financial situation btw.

just letting you guys know i dont practice anymore(will change in time for next national) and feel as though ive regressed in skill compared to before,im just relaxed now when i play cause i dont really care lol im garbs
leave it to joe to call himself **** and take everyone (cept ally + holy) down with him :laugh:

Can't unplug Wii Mote :3
Yo can run out of batteries tho :p. Imagine wave bird GC controller. U can run outta batteries and get unplugged, or even have the channel changed on you :rotfl:

Patches

Smash Master
I seriously can't wait until I get my full license. Maybe I can bring some respect to GTA for driving you people up to MTL. :/

Top Bottom