• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ontario Pwn Classic HYPE VS TIN MAN GOING DOWN! RAY KALM AND HOLY ATTENDING

Tin Man

Smash Hero
i wanna try commentating.
I wanna try commentating as well :D
Anyone can commentate.

Is that REALLY all the people for MvC3? =(

Will there be a project m side tourney?

I wanna team for brawl, culex where u at ????
You'd have to drive culex to make him go lol. I know he wont have the ride from raidos and conceptually i don't think he'll go without it. Iliad confirmed that too lol.

Hahaha Marik got banned, I didn't do it though which is funny.
you've gotten him banned before?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So after much though, I've realized that the reason I'm not getting any better is because I keep changing characters.

So **** it, I"m going straight Ganon.

Expect me to place last for the next 3-4 tourneys or so.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Eventually I won't be placing last though.

And Ganon is the character I've invested the most amount of time into.

All Ganon MUs are entirely winnable except the Ice Climbers.

Which I have a secondary specifically for.

Citronella

Smash Rookie
Can you people try not being gigantic ******s for once?

It is honestly that much of a damn deal?

Citronella

Smash Rookie
Serious. Business.

Welcome to the Brawl community! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease stop being gay.

<3 <3 <3

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Is that REALLY all the people for MvC3? =(

Will there be a project m side tourney?

I wanna team for brawl, culex where u at ????
all of srk is going lol - best venue, extremely close to release date, super hype lol

Ally melee isn't horrible
Odessa, brawl isn't horrible.

Done :D?
BOOOOOO who breaks up fights

So after much though, I've realized that the reason I'm not getting any better is because I keep changing characters.

i play almost the entire cast, as does ambrose, and ally. its overall game understanding you need not a static character.

understanding how the game works >>> 1 character in this game learning-wise. and no offense but by thinking ganon remotely has winnable matchups against viable characters (diddy, snake, mk, ics, dedede, falco, pikachu, olimar) your understanding of the game is sub par. solution: play more, u can have all the reading knowledge in the world and theory fighting in the world but play time is 100% more important and its where u really learn what works and what is a load of crap some scrub posted on the character boards thinking hes good when hes not

example: ray kalm. dude knows his character is total trash, but he knows what works and doesnt work, so he can use him effectively. and he KNOWS him vs anyone good is minimum 7-3 by solid play alone (i.e. without gimmicks), so he INVENTS his own stuff to counter good characters that no one has ever seen before. smart player

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
still after how may years of both games being out the arguments continue to drag on,if you really hated something that much you wouldnt even bother commenting on it >_>

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
Melee is 11 years old.
Brawl is almost 4.
I love how dedicated we all are.

Also, turns out a Brawl style Marth does pretty good in Melee X'D

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to get there if I get my gwap up by then. I am sad that Illiad won't be attending as how I wanted to get back at him ;)

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Guess I'm seeding you last?

example: ray kalm. dude knows his character is total trash, but he knows what works and doesnt work, so he can use him effectively. and he KNOWS him vs anyone good is minimum 7-3 by solid play alone (i.e. without gimmicks), so he INVENTS his own stuff to counter good characters that no one has ever seen before. smart player
Most people haven't seen it before because they don't main or play Ganon's regularly and therefore don't kno the matchup

You mean brawl is almost 3, not 4, and melee is 10 years old. Learn your dates.
iknorite

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Mannn, there's still Melee vs Brawl stuff going on? Man, 2011 boys, let's drop the 2008 ****.

It's been a good amount of time the game's been out. Now that people have had competitive smash exposure the people who grew to dislike Brawl hopped fence, and the ones that haven't just like Brawl more.

It's different when it first came out, but now, who really gives a flying ****. We still play a Rated E game with controllers with lego buttons, watching out for their % and **** no matter which game you play.

Trust me, I was the Hitler of Brawl hate, get at me lol.

Cruxis

Smash Lord

Gichan

Smash Champion
OK, FINALLY I GOT INTERWEBZ AGAIN!

So to start off, everything is updated so far but here are some issues to address.

1. RXS is doing livestream AND it will be for MvC3 MAINLY but Hype vs Tin Man, LF, WF, and GF of melee/brawl/ssfiv singles will be up.

2. I'M commentating along with one other of my choIce for tinman vs hype

3. mVc3 WILL HAVE a big number, ssfiv community just don't post at all when they will be coming, they just ****ing show up. Same will be for MvC3.

4. I can't play any MMs or firnedlies at this tournament so unfortunately I'll play some of you another time

Will address more at a later point.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Okay, screw the whole straight Ganon thing, I've found a high tier I enjoy playing, actually 2 high tier characters I'm working on learning, which most people will only find out at the tournament.

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
Dirt.
You have 8 Days to become a God with your High tiers.

Good luck.

Also!

3 Dollars in Dimes? I'm giving you $5 in Pennies.

Dirt $5 Mm Bo5 My high tiers vs your High tiers ?

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
Dirt....
How many times
have you switched mains lol

And dude, it's easy to become a god in 8 days ;D
Get dat Tinman training.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Okay , OTHER UPDATES.

1. For clarification pruposes, MvC3 is the main event.

2. Nickcam will be the fellow commentator on TinMan vs Hype

3. REGISTRATION IS NOW AT 10AM!

4. Also, melee may seem as it will be small but at least people get their tournament. There have been people at my work waiting for this tournament for a long time. You may not look forward to it summoned, but others do. No attack, just clarifying.

5. 2ND post has been updated, if any MMs would like to be stated please notify me.

Top Bottom