• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The One Winged Angel~ Sephiroth Social Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He is the main antaogonist of FF7 one of the most important JRPGs (and its pretty bad/mediocre Sequels)
Just type in youtube FF7 Final battle of course only if you dont have a problem with Spoilers
maybe read in a Wiki

another Reason is that he probably deconfirms Geno/Sora
We won't know for sure until we see the former's Mii costume. That's the one thing that soft-deconfirms anyone.

Neku is probably toast though, since it took forever for his series to get a new game.

Wow, an anniversary that could actually mean something? Rare in Smash Bros announcements/releases, even if it'd probably just be happenstance...
Definitely was in one case last time. :ultlittlemac:

Just pray that it won't be the only time for this run...

35 minutes is a lot of time. Maybe there's more to the character than we think :O
He'll most likely spend at least 10 minutes telling what it took for the deal to be struck in the first place. He always finds a way to fill for time in these things.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So what's the first thing you're going to do with Seph once he's out?

I'm planning on entering Training mode just to see how he works.

Then I'm doin the multi man smash modes.
With FF7 Battle theme, then One Winged Angel for Allstar and Those who fight further for cruel.

Then Classic Mode.

Then online.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

With FF7 Battle theme, then One Winged Angel for Allstar and Those who fight further for cruel.

Then Classic Mode.

Then online.
Probably trying to make a movie (in Smash) with Cloud Vs Sephiroths Final Final Duel
its easy because its just one attack

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Until Sephiroth's presentation and next batch of character deconfirmations especially Geno's supposed fate.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Then Classic Mode.

Then online.
I always christen each new character with a classic mode run. Then I'm hopping into training mode for some labwork.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Then Classic Mode.

Then online.
Same Thing i do after every newcomer's release, Pinky.

Learn how to control them, Do Classic Mode, The Spirits, and The Rest is History.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Ive seen someone be completly devasted because Bandana Waddle Dee Fans get completly hated on please stop Bandana Dee Fans are some of the Best Character Supporters they demand little and are very respective of other opinions even though i want kirby to get a new rep i would prefer a more Villanous aprouch with Dark Matter still I would be very happy if he is in so please stop hating on Bandana Waddle Dee and his Supporters

of course if youre nice than this critique is not for you😅

why do i post it here i heard that after SEPHIROTHS reveal so i think it makes sense

Last edited:

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
I`m wondering if the music situation is going to be something like Sephiroth only getting a handful of songs but some FF7 themed deluxe mii costumes (Tifa and Barret) coming with more music.

I hope not but I don`t think it`s too unlikely either.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
You Americans (i think a lot of you are American?) have it lucky you dont need to wait till Midnight to watch a lot of Presentations!
Canadian, but yeah. Still I would happily wait til midnight for this presentation if I had to.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There seem to be signs, going by the official website, that Sephiroth might only be getting two Mii costumes.

So, last message number was 103 for the Mario Photo Contest, and this promotion is number 110, meaning that seemingly, Sephiroth is not coming with a lot. Let me run through what messages they always have, and how many that leaves for Mii's.
  • 104: Version Software 10.0 Coming Soon
  • 105: Version Software 10.0 Available.
  • 106: Sephiroth Challenger Pack Available to Purchase
  • 107: Fighter Pass 2 Available For Purchase
  • 108: Mii Costume Number 1
  • 109: Mii Costume Number 2
103 was the second-most-recent event, and 110 was the most recent event.

Alright let me break it down, really think I should just make a TL:DR for this since I have to explain it every time I bring the in-game site up (nothing on you, I'll admit it is bewildering if you have no idea what it is).

This
https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/index.html
Is the site Smash Ultimate opens in-game with all the announcements, Spirit Events, and what not. (I know the link looks weird, trust me it's fine.) Opening the site on an Internet Browser let's you see that each post image is actually numbered in it's filename, they are catagorized based on the type of message they are (tournament, Spirit Event, and everything else) and numbered in more or less sequential order, so when the numbers go blatantly out of order, like say the general posts jumping from 103 to 110, it's clear something is up.

In the case of a massive jump in general posts, it means the posts meant to come with a major update are in the system and we can pretty easily figure out what they are because they do the exact same posts with every character. A warning about the update coming soon (which is removed later), the Version Update itself being released, a post about the Challenger Pack, and a post about the Fighters Pass overall. Just plug the numbers in, and the rest of the posts are for the Mii Costumes. Worked perfectly when we did the same thing for Steve, see no reason why it wouldn't here.
This let people figure out how many Mii costumes Steve was getting before his presentation happened. I'm not sure if this method worked for other characters before this, though.

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
There seem to be signs, going by the official website, that Sephiroth might only be getting two Mii costumes.

This let people figure out how many Mii costumes Steve was getting before his presentation happened. I'm not sure if this method worked for other characters before this, though.
Damnit, my hopes for more than 2 FF songs has vanished...

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Canadian, but yeah. Still I would happily wait til midnight for this presentation if I had to.
still it is really annoying i would hope they would make the Timming more fair
1. Japan =Morning America= Day Europe= EveningX
2. Japan= day america= Evening Europe=MidnightX
3.Europe=Morning Japn= Day and america=Midnight

they never think about Europe First

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman

Then Classic Mode.

Then online.
Beat up Corrin like I do with every new fighter.

Play casual games with him/against him in the goofiest/silliest-looking stages with the goofiest/silliest characters to use/fight against.

Clear his Spirit Board.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
It was fun to look back in this thread and find my posts from over two years ago. I wonder if MajoraMan28 MajoraMan28 is still around? He's the one who sparked hope for me that Sephiroth had a chance. Just took Sephiroth a little longer than I'd have liked :)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Unsurprisingly, FF1-6 got the shaft again, boo. But hey, at least the music selection is actually decent now.

Also, I didn't expect them to actually go the extra mile the way they did for Seph here, that limited time boss mode is convenient.
to be fair 8-15 got the shaft as well

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
YUP! Beat Sephiroth on Very Hard to do it! Well, technically he SD'd after 5 seconds after my hundredth attempt, but still
The Sephiroth Challenge isn't showing up on my game. I already bought Fighter's Pass 2 ages ago and my Switch is updated so I don't know what gives.

Top Bottom