• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The One Winged Angel~ Sephiroth Social Thread

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
One thing I don't really get is why they made Seffy's up-b automatically go back to pointing straight up if you release the stick. Would it be that hard to keep the angle? It cost me a stock and subsequently a game yesterday.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Really hating how laggy they made Sephiroth. It takes some getting used to but online ain't helping.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I have no problem with Sephiroth's frame data as the power his moves delivers balances things out. If his frame data was as fast as Cloud's per say, than he would be broken as ****.
I actually don't think he'd be broken, just very good, which would be preferable.

Could be online, but everything just comes out way too late. I'm already getting hit before the move even comes out.

For a lot of characters, for the sake of balance, it just seems like a lot of them turn out lacklustre because they're so careful with it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, besides Eggman, who do you guys should be the next villain to get in Smash?
I'm personally gunning for Akuma. He's villain enough, he represents a massive tradition in fighting games (secret bosses), and he has more uniqueness to him than Ryu and Ken as of SF5, and Ken has a ton of differences for being an Echo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Edit: Just in case you didn't have enough remixes...

Captain Syrup. That is, assuming there will be a massive fan campaign for her by the time the next game happens...

If not, there's always the enigmatic but still clearly antagonistic Sylux, seeing as Metroid Prime 4 might get done any day now.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If I was a betting man, I would honestly say Eggman has the best shot by a country mile. Outside of him, I don’t know. Maybe we could get Medusa, Malos, or someone as an echo fighter if we get anymore of those but if I had to bet on a unique DLC villain I would go Eggman.

Firox

Smash Master
Man, what I wouldn't give to have Seph's Nair active for just 2 or so more frames. The move is so good but damn it whiffs so easy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone felt that Sephiroth's Classic mode path being a boss rush helps to make clearing the intensity 9.9 challenge less tedious? I mean, the bosses can't block your attacks, and they're more predictable to deal with than a CPU-controlled playable fighter.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So has anyone seen this?

Tweek thinks Sephiroth is top tier. While I'm a person that doesn't give a **** about the tier list, I thought this video was interesting since Tweek showed a method you could use to cancel out Sephy's Natural Special and catch your opponents off guard. He mention how many Sephiroth players don't use it and I didn't know you could cancel out of Neutral Special at certain frames after you activated it. Cool method to trick people with in battle.

Still surprised no one has made fanart of:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultpiranha::ultridley::ultdarksamus:and:ultwolf:celebrating and welcoming:ultsephiroth:onto the roster with a WELCOME banner above.
There was one I saw a year or two ago before Sephiroth was announced. I can't find it now since it's buried under all the Sephiroth Smash fanart that came out after his inclusion.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Tweek thinks Sephiroth is top tier. While I'm a person that doesn't give a **** about the tier list, I thought this video was interesting since Tweek showed a method you could use to cancel out Sephy's Natural Special and catch your opponents off guard. He mention how many Sephiroth players don't use it and I didn't know you could cancel out of Neutral Special at certain frames after you activated it. Cool method to trick people with in battle.
To be fair I'm not too surprised I don't see people using it. I mean I feel like Byleth gets more mileage out of canceling the arrow charge for mind games and even on Byleth I almost never see anyone cancel the arrow (though I haven't seen Byleth gameplay recently so maybe they've gotten better about that). Sephiroth on the other hand, It's a lot harder to do mind games with Flare because the projectile is so slow that you can usually react to it if Sephiroth actually uses it. With that said, it's still another tool you can use at your disposal.

Also I think it's also because Sephiroth is still rather new. I mean I cancel arrows all the time on Byleth, and I will definitely cancel out Sephiroth's Flare eventually but I keep forgetting about it right now. I'm just distracted by trying to learn and test everything else about Sephiroth that I haven't been doing so..... Especially since a lot of players I run into are fine with eating flares all the time, and it's hard to learn when not to use flare if your opponent struggles with projectiles in the first place.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Oh my god, I can't tell you how good it feels to spike a recovering K. Rool with Hell's Gate. That little helicopter backpack has caused me so much headache throughout Ultimate, and now that I can challenge it from above it's like I can finally get my two years worth of revenge.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh my god, I can't tell you how good it feels to spike a recovering K. Rool with Hell's Gate. That little helicopter backpack has caused me so much headache throughout Ultimate, and now that I can challenge it from above it's like I can finally get my two years worth of revenge.
When you said Hell's Gate I was thinking of one of Undertaker's finishing moves:

Imagine if Sephiroth did this to his opponents choking them to death with his legs like the Undertaker lmao!

amageish

Smash Master
So, today's been a good day for FFVII fans.

New FFVIIR content coming, sadly exclusive to the PS5 version. It's an in-between chapter that takes place when Cloud is with Aerith for the first time, showing a new perspective and some new faces.

We're also getting a mobile game, which appears to basically be a playable FFVII visual dictionary. That is amazing; inject it into my veins. I need to get my lore acknowledge buffed up for the rest of Remake lol. My phone, however, will not likely be able to run this, so I hope they pull a FFXV mobile edition and put it on Switch...

Also there is a battle royale. I'm sure people will be into that and it'll have important lore somewhere inside it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, today's been a good day for FFVII fans.

New FFVIIR content coming, sadly exclusive to the PS5 version. It's an in-between chapter that takes place when Cloud is with Aerith for the first time, showing a new perspective and some new faces.

We're also getting a mobile game, which appears to basically be a playable FFVII visual dictionary. That is amazing; inject it into my veins. I need to get my lore acknowledge buffed up for the rest of Remake lol. My phone, however, will not likely be able to run this, so I hope they pull a FFXV mobile edition and put it on Switch...

Also there is a battle royale. I'm sure people will be into that and it'll have important lore somewhere inside it.
Nice that we finally get Yuffie in on the FF7R Cinematic Universe. Though her voice sounds awfully familiar for some reason...

It's got that youthful energetic feel that I often get from Cherami Leigh, but on the other hand, some other parts of her performance make me think it's Lizzie Freeman. Dunno whether it's the usual VA like Arnie Pantoja for Reno and Max Mittelman with Red XIII, but on the other hand, it could also be the actress from a TV show I don't know about or don't follow like Cody Christian or Britt Baron. Either way, it sounds good to me.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Nice that we finally get Yuffie in on the FF7R Cinematic Universe. Though her voice sounds awfully familiar for some reason...

It's got that youthful energetic feel that I often get from Cherami Leigh, but on the other hand, some other parts of her performance make me think it's Lizzie Freeman. Dunno whether it's the usual VA like Arnie Pantoja for Reno and Max Mittelman with Red XIII, but on the other hand, it could also be the actress from a TV show I don't know about or don't follow like Cody Christian or Britt Baron. Either way, it sounds good to me.
Her voice also feels really familiar. My first reaction was expecting the person holding the telescope to be Jessie, as it sounded like Erika Lindbeck to me... Obviously it isn't (at least, I doubt they'd double-cast her lol), but the familiar feeling hasn't gone away... We'll see when they announce it, I guess? I don't love the trend of holding off English VA announcements until the last-minute; it just leads to a lot of puzzles that can't be definitively solved.

Top Bottom