• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The One Winged Angel~ Sephiroth Social Thread

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sure, I would like to see it. But still, are we waiting until the 22nd for his Spirits? I know Source Gaming and GameXplain already got the Spirits, but they always have early access to this stuff.
I believe the spirits were found in a press kit. They aren't in the game at the moment - the only new spirit is Sephiroth's for clearing classic mode with him.

I unlocked Sephiroth this morning by beating him on Normal, though it took me two tries. I don't know if that's a sign that I'm out of practice, or a sign that I don't use Cloud much - I wanted to unlock him using Cloud.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Sure, I would like to see it. But still, are we waiting until the 22nd for his Spirits? I know Source Gaming and GameXplain already got the Spirits, but they always have early access to this stuff.
I don't think anyone has access to the spirits yet; media outlets just have images from the press release package sent to them. The 22nd is when the spirit board will be out as well as the Mii Costumes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm grateful for the music we got, since at least Square doesn't have a cheapskate to negotiate with compared to Enix. Though his talent is respectable, he's not easy to work with.

Speaking of spirits, the Smash Ultimate Spirits.com website currently isn't working at all/is reported as unsafe. So much for that...

I don't know why, but I feel that its wrong to have Sephiroth run, like all fights should just be him ready to attack by slowly walking.....menacingly.
Yeah, I believe that the point is that reaching him is easy, but remotely trying to touch him is the hard part.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So is Sephiroth's VA under that specific contract like Cloud's VA where they can't use his English dialog?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So is Sephiroth's VA under that specific contract like Cloud's VA where they can't use his English dialog?
why do you insist so much on your Dub i mean in Germany theyre barely any german voicelines (outside of the Narrator because duh, Pokemon because Names and Sonic because SEGA?)

also for anyone wondering why the announcer has 2 diffrent voicelines for Pokemon-Trainer is because in german for example the female version is Pokemon-TrainerIN because language

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Probably. Complicated reasons with the Union is the reason we don't have their English voice actors in Smash. I think I heard from someone in some cases, it's a one time deal when it comes to video games with Union actors as the original English voices for Palutena and Viridi didn't come back for Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Probably. Complicated reasons with the Union is the reason we don't have their English voice actors in Smash. I think I heard from someone in some cases, it's a one time deal when it comes to video games with Union actors as the original English voices for Palutena and Viridi didn't come back for Smash Ultimate.
We know Virdi's voice got replaced (which makes sense seeing as the actress they got for Kid Icarus Uprising was the same one who currently voices Starfire from the Teen Titans series whose voice was repurposed for Smash 4).

Palutena's voice is the same as it was in Smash 4 (and by extension KIU).

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think they made it Japanese only because of consistency.

I mean, they wouldn't want Cloud to only be in Japanese while Sephiroth is voiced by Tyler Hoechlin in English. If by some slim chance Cloud and Sephiroth return to the next Smash game, Cloud and Sephiroth will hopefully be voiced in English by their Remake VAs, since to my knowledge, Cody Christian and Tyler Hoechlin are not union voice actors, unlike Steve Burton and George Newburn.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

Why where People so shocked i mean she was easily expendable heck she apeared once before the Anime Arc

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I think that'd be slightly OP in timed battles.

"Welp, guys, Sephiroph got one final smash, so the rest of the match is now us waiting... Anyone wants snacks or anything?"
😆 I see what you mean.

Granted they could still have sped up the original animation from the original game if they wanted to and include the 9 planets (well 8 now that Pluto's not a planet) or at least include Mercury and Venus (since the Supernova would hit them first) if the other planets can't be featured.

That PS1 model of Safer·Sephiroth badly needs a update via Nintendo Switch, not a 2D knockoff.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Geno gets killed by Sephiroth!

Sephiroth: Because You are a Puppet

Inspired by TM + a comment under his Video his Tears where Sweet (i hear he mocks Bwd Fans in his Videos [This is called Karma Baby]) of course this only applys to some Geno Fans

Oracle Link

Smash Master
You Guys who do you Think the Main Antagonist of FF7 is Sephiroth or Jenova?
(this Disscussion is mostly meant for People who played through the entirty of FF7 [or watched it])

Im think its in the Beginning Jenova then Sephiroth!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You Guys who do you Think the Main Antagonist of FF7 is Sephiroth or Jenova?
(this Disscussion is mostly meant for People who played through the entirty of FF7 [or watched it])

Im think its in the Beginning Jenova then Sephiroth!
Personally, I think they're a duo of main antagonists on equal ground (with Seph acting as a Mouth of Sauron, so to speak). Before that, the Shinras were the main antagonists until the first was killed, then the second got upstaged.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Just to jump in real quick - I find Sephiroth a blast to play, but dang is he difficult to play well! I've made it to Elite Smash with 3 characters so far (Cloud, Ridley, Mewtwo), but having not played regularly for a couple of years really rusted up my game and I got my butt handed to me. I guess my online playstyle is also not conducive to staying in Elite Smash - I will rematch anyone at least once, but if my opponent keeps beating me I will continue to rematch because those are the games where I really learn how to address my weaknesses.
As I've brushed up on my skills and gotten more familiar with Sephiroth the GSP has started to climb again, but dang if he isn't difficult to play online. I find I need very precise inputs with him to do well (moreso than other characters except perhaps Mewtwo), and the online experience is, shall we say, somewhat lacking. Looking forward to seeing my brother this weekend (he's really good at Smash) and seeing what Sephiroth can do without that lag!

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
So my first impression of Sephiroth's gameplay wasn't very good. I thought his frame data was absolutely atrocious and his projectiles, while unique, were either too slow or too small of range to be of much use. But now? Holy crap, the more I play him, the more I'm falling in love with his playstyle. His sword reach effectively cancels out the poor frame data when spaced properly because his attacks compensate for the repositioning that other characters with shorter reach would have to do to land attacks. Mega and Gigaflare as well as Hell's Gate are incredibly awesome edge-guarding tools and his shield breaking capabilities feel so "final boss" it's scary. Last, but not least, you have Octaslash. The sheer sexiness of the move speaks for itself, but I've already netted so many kills on people trying to edge guard me, it's downright hilarious. Can't wait to really start honing this character.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Did the spirit board for Sephiroth show up yet? I bought the Fighter Pass, and have not seen it

Firox

Smash Master
Did the spirit board for Sephiroth show up yet? I bought the Fighter Pass, and have not seen it
No. We only got Seph, his stage and his classic mode early. Patch 10.1 will bring his spirit board, balance changes and Cloud's new Omni Slash Final Smash. The estimated time of release for patch 10.1 is sometime this afternoon/evening (some say about 5pm PST).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sure enough, the Wiki listed most of the spirits, only Bahamut ZERO and Ifrit were missing.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Even after all this time, :ultcloud: still has his Smash renders as fighter spirits.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
You know, there's one thing that should be discussed. We know that a Sephiroth amiibo is guaranteed to happen in the future, but the big issue is how the Masamune is handled. Considering how thin the sword is, it could be potentially an easy part to break.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, there's one thing that should be discussed. We know that a Sephiroth amiibo is guaranteed to happen in the future, but the big issue is how the Masamune is handled. Considering how thin the sword is, it could be potentially an easy part to break.
Jokes aside, I think they're going to really shrink down the size of the Masamune if they want to fit that Amiibo in the box. Or just make the box bigger for the sword.

Top Bottom