• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The One Winged Angel~ Sephiroth Social Thread

7NATOR

Smash Master
From Watching Delzethin's Breakdown, Sephiroth's Wing looks like it comes out when he Attacks Falcon, So I think the Wing Mechanic might be different from Arsene. The Wing also looks to power up with a Purple Aura after the Attack connects

However he's also seen Just Transforming into it as well. We also don't see any other Attack in the Trailer seem to Sprout the Wing like it did in that Clip against Falcon

It Seems like you have to Feed the Wing in Some way. Perhaps There is some type of Stance you have to Enter, or perhaps you get rewarded for Dealing Damage and Actually playing Good. It' weird

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Imagine it's both when you take damage or damage others lol.

There was that sequence where he was backing away and blocking attacks so that's what also made me think it'll be like the arsene mechanic.

I wonder if he'll be like Ryu and Ken where he's facing the opponent at all times? Probably not.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I swore that Sakurai was about to reveal Jaws when the music came on. Not sure about this here Stefaroth but he seems pretty popular. People on the Youtube is making all sorts of fuss about him. What gives?

The_Hypist

Smash Rookie
I made a hypothetical Sephiroth Presentation script out of boredom.

Opening:

(opens with Sakurai polishing his Masamune replica)

Oh hey, didn’t see you there. So I see you’re interested in how to use Sephiroth in Smash? Well let’s get right to it!”

Sephiroth History:

“Sephiroth will be joining the battle as the third fighter of the second fighter’s pass, he’s Cloud’s arch-nemesis. As you can see, most of the heroes in Smash have a villain with them, two of which are newcomers introduced in Ultimate. Cloud’s rivalry with Sephiroth is something special though, which is why it only made sense for him to join so they can fight once again.”

Sephiroth Moveset Breakdown:

(Sakurai explains his moves and gimmick in his usual quirky fashion, and without fail one of the screencaps of him will become a meme after the presentation is over)

Sephiroth Demonstration:

(Honestly can’t tell since he did Classic Mode with Terry and spirit fights with Steve. Probably have him fight against Cloud & Mario, wanting revenge after what he did to them in the reveal trailer)

Mii Costume Showcase:

(Sora and Crono get regular costumes while Geno gets a deluxe costume with a “Beware The Forest Mushrooms” track. Rest will most likely be PS1 models of Tifa & Barrett)

Ending Segment:

(Shows off Min Min & Steve amiibos, commenting on how the former has stretchy limbs that replicate how they function in game and how simplistic the latter is. Announces that Sephiroth will be available later tonight and bids us farewell)

I wonder how accurate most of these will be, I think the meme screencap and Geno Mii are guaranteed tho.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Man, I’m just trying to imagine what the Sephiroth amiibo will look like. Seph’s long ass sword is gonna get bent by the packaging.
Maybe they'll stick Masamune to the ground, rather than having Sephiroth hold it.
Oh I see what you're trying to say.

I'd be down with him having access to a lot of abilities. It'd make him quite unique to use.

That being said, I still don't want him to be overly slow lol.

There's something about Sephiroth tossing a huge ass fireball in Smash that makes me go wow, but I'm guessing that's only when he's got the wing, which I think will be similar to Joker's Arsene mechanic.

Speaking of comeback mechanic, how do you guys feel about that?

I'm hoping it'll be like Terry's GO ability, and not like Cloud's where it disappears in little to no time...
I think it will be a hybrid of Terry and Lucario's. He gets to a certain percentage/HP threshold and/or a stock deficit and gets the powerup. Having OWA just be an Arsene clone would be redundant, specially because of what Sakurai wants to do with the DLC.
There was that sequence where he was backing away and blocking attacks so that's what also made me think it'll be like the arsene mechanic.

I wonder if he'll be like Ryu and Ken where he's facing the opponent at all times? Probably not.
That mechanic is exclusive to 1v1 matches.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What gives as in? Who he is? Why he matters? Why so many people are excited?
I was joking and a slight jab at people, like GameXplain, who couldn’t figure out at the first notes. Even when Cloud says Sephiroth, they were like “....who‘s that?”

I have officially spilled my drink after reading this, lmao
We all know Jaws can split Galeem in half just as well as Sephiroth.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I swore that Sakurai was about to reveal Jaws when the music came on.
Persistent predator
Iconic music that tips off their appearance
Strikes when you least expect it
Has white in their identifying description (great white, white hair)
Possesses a sharp tool used to easily kill (teeth, sword)
Obsesses over a hero.
First installment revolutionized a genre
Said series run into the ground with crazy
continuing plots almost to the point of parody
Both went to a Bahamas area

Only difference is that Jaws didn't have mommy issues.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I was joking and a slight jab at people, like GameXplain, who couldn’t figure out at the first notes. Even when Cloud says Sephiroth, they were like “....who‘s that?”

We all know Jaws can split Galeem in half just as well as Sephiroth.
Oh I gotcha lol, I'd be surprised if you didn't at least know who he is. I was surprised that even people like Leffen recognized him instantly, considering FF7 is from long before he was a gamer. Its cool to see just how many people can instantly recognize Sephiroth even by his theme alone. Which makes GameXplain even more ridiculous for not knowing.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The presentation will be 35 minutes long.

amageish

Smash Master
Still betting on a same day release date.

Releasing him on the same day as Final Fantasy's birthday, the day of the presentation itself, is perfect.
Wow, an anniversary that could actually mean something? Rare in Smash Bros announcements/releases, even if it'd probably just be happenstance...

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The presentation will be 35 minutes long.

Oh good, then 35 new character reveals a minute.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I swore that Sakurai was about to reveal Jaws when the music came on. Not sure about this here Stefaroth but he seems pretty popular. People on the Youtube is making all sorts of fuss about him. What gives?
He is the main antaogonist of FF7 one of the most important JRPGs (and its pretty bad/mediocre Sequels)
Just type in youtube FF7 Final battle of course only if you dont have a problem with Spoilers
maybe read in a Wiki

another Reason is that he probably deconfirms Geno/Sora

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
He is the main antaogonist of FF7 one of the most important JRPGs (and its pretty bad/mediocre Sequels)
Just type in youtube FF7 Final battle of course only if you dont have a problem with Spoilers
maybe read in a Wiki

another Reason is that he probably deconfirms Geno/Sora
Nah, I’m pretty sure that they meant to include Jaws but accidentally included Sephiroth. Geno’s Pizza? No, thank you.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I'm still shocked by this, Nintendo wanted Sephiroth in Smash Bros. Either all of the remixed Final Fantasy tracks were intentionally held back until Sephiroth's reveal or Square Enix wanted to extend an olive branch to Nintendo because their current offerings have been pitiful outside of the characters themselves.

Dear lord, I will have a heart attack if there is a Banjo & Kazooie and Sephiroth double reveal.
Somebody check on this guy.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow can`t come soon enough! No matter who the remaining characters are I got my wish, and I didn`t think another Final Fantasy character was remotely likely. The only thing I`m really hoping for at this point are some FF7 cameos on Sephiroth`s stage and a decent amount of music.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I don't know if you guys have seen these yet:

Don't worry, I'm alive lol! It's a good thing they weren't revealed together right?
Where does the Shirtless Sephiroth Render come from and i hope its useable in smash ultimate

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Big fan of FFVII! And super hyped for Sephiroth! Tifa would've been my first choice but I'll more than happily take Sephi!

Congrats to those who've been supporting him from the getgo!

Granted, they could just copy Cloud's gimmick where its a bar that fills up and then Sephiroth drinks a Red Bull.
Half a Red Bull!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
i would love to get the option that istead of the One Wing growing on his back it instead grows on the arm where he doesnt hold his sword (because Safer Sephiroth)

Top Bottom