• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Oh god lol. Unlike the local Pit here in Abq, you don't miss with those arrows :( I kept trying to walk up to you or run at you, expecting you to swerve an arrow in the wrong direction, but you refused to be scrubby >.>

**** ;P It was a lot of fun though, too bad you left before singles cocker D:

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I've been using it lately too. But that's just because I have been adjusting to Brawl again after not playing for so long.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Meta
Jiggz
Olimar
Ness
Kirby
Wario
Luigi
Ice climbers
Mario (Can DI slightly)
Toon link (Can DI slightly)
Game and watch (Can DI slightly)

Kongpendiun FTW

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Soooo guys. I remember a long time ago we had a discussion on footstools, and how to set them up. Well, I have a replay with me doing a perfect B-Air > Footstool when the opponent was at 55%. Is this legit? Can it be useful?

Esca

Smash Champion
Oh god lol. Unlike the local Pit here in Abq, you don't miss with those arrows :( I kept trying to walk up to you or run at you, expecting you to swerve an arrow in the wrong direction, but you refused to be scrubby >.>

**** ;P It was a lot of fun though, too bad you left before singles cocker D:
Me and Gnes will have to come over there for a tourney!

Who is the Pit over there?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Upsmash OOS is good but don't forget about uptiliting OOS. There are different scenarios to use each, don't just upsmash all the time. Esca we should play, the pit matchup is too fun.

napZzz

Smash Hero
pits a stupid character. He was created to suck the fun out of an already kind of boring game and make you want to stab someone in the middle of a match.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Are you seriously a Snake main saying that? LOL.
I think pit counters snake

/stubborn

He's just my own personal matchup problem. I lose to pits all the time, offline and online. Well not so much offline anymore, lol.

I actually main diddy. Snake sucks. Diddy 4 lyfe.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Are you seriously a Snake main saying that? LOL.
I think pit counters snake

/stubborn

He's just my own personal matchup problem. I lose to pits all the time, offline and online. Well not so much offline anymore, lol.

I actually main diddy. Snake sucks. Diddy 4 lyfe.

EDIT: DUnno how I double posted. :/

Count

Smash Champion
I'm not really sure what you mean by, a glide toss down. If you mean simply glide tossing down, then maybe you can force a slip from an opponent if you predict an approach or you predict where they are going to recover. Then, you can punish accordingly.

If by glide toss down you mean dribbling, the main purpose of dribbling is to space yourself and constantly keep your opponent guessing as to when you will throw the banana.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Nothing really. You might as well just turn around most of the time. It's really only good for dribbling (though i still don't see how it is useful) and doing the amazing glide-toss down/forward > pivot grab thing. I don't think it works but it looks legit as ****.

That was to the guy asking about GT down.

My bad for not being more specific. I'll ask my quesiton in a different way.

I was looking at the scenario of being on top of your opponent and Glidetosing down and away from them. To me, this seems a safe options somewhat. It places distance between you and your opponent and places a banana pretty much in range for them to pick up or slip on.

Is this a pointless method to use or a safe one? Any attack being launched ourway should be picked up or slipped on by the banana. If they slip, you can just dash and attack with some move. If they pick it up, that places them in lag of picking a banana up. And even if they do try to throw it, you could just dash attack them picking up the banana in the process.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think Snake, MK, and squirtle are BROKEN. But snake is the worst :( Squirtle is a dirty cheater!

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
can anyone give me quick advice on the zelda matchup???

shes got bothersome smashes and that **** naryus love bs

napZzz

Smash Hero
IMO people should be talking about banning snake before they even consider banning MK too.
yes we should talk about banning the character that has plenty of flaws and has mixed matchups over the one who's perfect and has flawless matchups

TreK

Is "that guy"
That goes for everyone
except that for MK, what you're doing wrong is not "not playing MK".

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Snake is FAR more broken than Metaknight. If your losing with Snake, there's something your doing wrong.
LOL probably one of the dumbest things I've read. Snake has so many weaknesses that balance him out. MK has no weaknesses. I actually really, really enjoy fighting snakes.... as GANON. Snake is definitely not broken.

Gnes

Smash Master
LOL probably one of the dumbest things I've read. Snake has so many weaknesses that balance him out. MK has no weaknesses. I actually really, really enjoy fighting snakes.... as GANON. Snake is definitely not broken.
Sure he does...:ohwell:

Every chr. in this game has weaknesses, however, when their advantages clearly overpower their weaknesses, then we have a problem.

Your chr. may not be as BROKN as Mk, but hes close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom