• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
what are great methods to not get edge camped/ camped in general? any tips vs certain characters such as snake/pit?

are jumping around platforms useful? powershield everything?

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Gonna play Brawl for the first time in 2 months. $20 mm with a friend who hasn't played for the same amount of time. Gonna be mad hard.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
shoot peanuts.
peanuts are not a shoryuken man :\.

can u at least explain to me the proper way to counter camping then saying shooting peanuts? are there specific arches i have to shoot at? during what situations would i use the desired peanuts and how i can effectively bait with them. o.o

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
At the tourney I went to today, I got rolled by an IC's player then by a very aggressive MK player. Videos will probably be up soon but any general advice would be good.

Esca

Smash Champion
Dfear, there isn't anything you can do against Pit, tbqh.

If Pit is camping Diddy on the ledge, Diddy can do NOTHING.

Esca

Smash Champion
Nope. I up-b peanuts.

And if your spaced right to hit me on the ledge with a peanut, I'm gonna hit you with an arrow first.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Just keep the lead.
thats what it ALWAYS comes down to man :\ if i **** up that lead ONCE the match WILL end up being me being timed out ;_; or trying to be overlly aggressive towards last minutes of the match to get that desperate % lead which ends up being easily predictable and punishable.

T.T ****ing hate that man.

Player-3

Smash Hero
LOL Peanuts cant stop ROB planking...nor can it stop Pits.

Just keep the lead.
thats what it ALWAYS comes down to man :\ if i **** up that lead ONCE the match WILL end up being me being timed out ;_; or trying to be overlly aggressive towards last minutes of the match to get that desperate % lead which ends up being easily predictable and punishable.

T.T ****ing hate that man.
peanut cancel to peanut mindgames

Dekar173

Justice Man
When someone's peanut camping, it's assumed they've got a naner in hand.

If you're playing against overly gay opponents, be even gayer and call them on the ledge grab rule. Done deal. Pit can't safely camp the edge for the entire 8 minutes and grab less than 50 times!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol here in florida. its called do what it takes to win : < if only the whole united states followed the SAME rules, the SAME neutral stages, the SAME cp's

DFEAR

Smash Hero
T.T should i revolve my game more on peanuts and disabling opponents options
or play it safe and punish accordingly...is it possible to do both without exploiting weakness' in the other areas :\ i keep getting ****d in one of the categories ;_;. **** i need moar practice

Dekar173

Justice Man
lol here in florida. its called do what it takes to win : <
Everyone plays to win when there's actual money on the line. It also makes your opponent better, and in turn, your whole scene.

I ask people to plank and run the time in friendlies ever since I got murked by Santi at SWAT lol, it gives me experience against it.

The thing is, you CAN aggressively zone Pit so he doesn't have anything to do, you just need to mix it up. Drop down and grab the ledge the instant you know he's going to drop > arrow.

(Assuming you've got a naner in hand) you can definitely do stuff to him, depending on what choices he makes.

Diddy, with his fast aerials and good recovery is definitely alright when he goes offstage against most of the cast (of course, if you go off stage against MK I'll be sure to attend your funeral) and therefore that IS one of his options. More Diddys need to use it. He may be good on the ground, but wtf is that going to do for him against a planking opponent?

Of course Pit can just fly under the stage if you're beating him in this exchange, but then you can foxtrot across the stage faster than he can fly under (in my experience anyway).

Against ROB, throw him up and have your way with him. Aggressively zone him on the edge if he planks, he can't do ANYTHING to you if you shield while he's on the ledge. Just be sure that if you're doing so, you're not going to be DIRECTLY on the edge, as both of his get up attacks will knock you off the ledge, putting you in a bad position and giving him the advantage in this scenario. Keep the lead, it's not difficult to get as you literally have a dozen 0-50% combos and even more juggles on him.

Learn to DI out of ROB's dsmash, and remember that if you don't have a naner in hand, unless if you powershield his fsmash you can't retaliate due to how far it pushes you and how fast it's cooldown is. If you get the top, smash throw it UP and it'll stay up there for a good 3 1/2 - 4 seconds, limiting his camp (even if only slightly).

If he's wall of fairing you, don't let him take your double jump! Wait for the right moment to DJ and you'll be recovering every time :D

Also, I usually try to barrel onto the stage if he's challenging me offstage, as he really doesn't have any killing options against it except for nair (which is very DIable, and doesn't kill until around 130 if you've been staling it).

Player-1

Smash Legend
Everyone plays to win when there's actual money on the line. It also makes your opponent better, and in turn, your whole scene.

I ask people to plank and run the time in friendlies ever since I got murked by Santi at SWAT lol, it gives me experience against it.

The thing is, you CAN aggressively zone Pit so he doesn't have anything to do, you just need to mix it up. Drop down and grab the ledge the instant you know he's going to drop > arrow.

(Assuming you've got a naner in hand) you can definitely do stuff to him, depending on what choices he makes.

Diddy, with his fast aerials and good recovery is definitely alright when he goes offstage against most of the cast (of course, if you go off stage against MK I'll be sure to attend your funeral) and therefore that IS one of his options. More Diddys need to use it. He may be good on the ground, but wtf is that going to do for him against a planking opponent?

Of course Pit can just fly under the stage if you're beating him in this exchange, but then you can foxtrot across the stage faster than he can fly under (in my experience anyway).

Against ROB, throw him up and have your way with him. Aggressively zone him on the edge if he planks, he can't do ANYTHING to you if you shield while he's on the ledge. Just be sure that if you're doing so, you're not going to be DIRECTLY on the edge, as both of his get up attacks will knock you off the ledge, putting you in a bad position and giving him the advantage in this scenario. Keep the lead, it's not difficult to get as you literally have a dozen 0-50% combos and even more juggles on him.

Learn to DI out of ROB's dsmash, and remember that if you don't have a naner in hand, unless if you powershield his fsmash you can't retaliate due to how far it pushes you and how fast it's cooldown is. If you get the top, smash throw it UP and it'll stay up there for a good 3 1/2 - 4 seconds, limiting his camp (even if only slightly).

If he's wall of fairing you, don't let him take your double jump! Wait for the right moment to DJ and you'll be recovering every time :D

Also, I usually try to barrel onto the stage if he's challenging me offstage, as he really doesn't have any killing options against it except for nair (which is very DIable, and doesn't kill until around 130 if you've been staling it).
in 2 words: shoot peanuts.

Dekar173

Justice Man
It needed killing. What would all the poor new Diddy mains think? I'll tell you- they'd think they were invincible like that ruthless metaknight, and able to win matches with use of the b button alone!

No, we Diddys are much more talented. We flick the c-stick sometimes too.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There's a stunning lack of peanuts being shot.

Player-1

Smash Legend
omfg, felix lost against dsf on rc and now everyone in livestream thinks RC is diddy's worst stage now >=(.

He didn't shoot enough peanuts.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I just started playing around with Diddy on wifi.

What mistakes do you see most new Diddy's make? Besides wifi being a mistake, lol.
Wifi is a mistake indeed, I don't know why any Diddy main would subject themselves to that.

Either
a) they focus on Bananas too much, or
b) they don't use enough Bananas

:)

Oh, and blah blah nuts nuts peanut joke

Player-1

Smash Legend
I just started playing around with Diddy on wifi.

What mistakes do you see most new Diddy's make? Besides wifi being a mistake, lol.
Most Diddy's don't shoot enough peanuts
Wifi is a mistake indeed, I don't know why any Diddy main would subject themselves to that.

Either
a) they focus on Bananas too much, or
b) they don't use enough Bananas

:)

Oh, and blah blah nuts nuts peanut joke
*shoots peanuts at you*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom