• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyless

Smash Master
Yeah, I noticed that, since I watched a lot of the better Diddies out there before really practicing with him, I used a lot more peanut gun, which is a lot of fun to use for gimping and messing with spacing.

Also, focusing solely on bananas can be easily abused by opponents by feigning an open space for the Diddy to reach a lonely banana.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, I noticed that, since I watched a lot of the better Diddies out there before really practicing with him, I used a lot more peanut gun, which is a lot of fun to use for gimping and messing with spacing.

Also, focusing solely on bananas can be easily abused by opponents by feigning an open space for the Diddy to reach a lonely banana.
yeah, focusing solely on peanuts is better.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's not so much a joke as it is a fact. You guys need to shoot more peanuts.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i was messing around with diddy today.

player 1. u are 100% right. peanuts are ****ing broken. good **** man. honest.thanks!

Player-1

Smash Legend
i was messing around with diddy today.

player 1. u are 100% right. peanuts are ****ing broken. good **** man. honest.thanks!
good ****, soon even the worst diddy will be beating m2k and ally as long as we keep advancing the metagame like this, just shoot more peanuts and if you think that's good enough then you have to shoot twice the amount of peanuts in half the time.

Player-3

Smash Hero
So guys next monthly me and p1 are going double diddy

Team Shoot more peanuts

Assuming he wants to

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Someone want to help tibs out. I really don't know the Tink matchup. It should be the last post on the critique thread. HELP!!!!

Oh and I love ":mad:Double or nothing:mad:" people cuz I just made $40.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I just figured out how to beat mk. hahahahaha
you just camp with peanuts, keep two bananas on the stage, and then play super safe and don't get gimped. And then try to punish badly timed dairs.

someone PLEEEEEASEEEE help me against olimar. I don't want to keep losing to weruop. i'm thinking of picking up luigi.

Dekar173

Justice Man
you just camp with peanuts, keep two bananas on the stage, and then play super safe and don't get gimped. And then try to punish badly timed dairs.

someone PLEEEEEASEEEE help me against olimar. I don't want to keep losing to weruop. i'm thinking of picking up luigi.
But what do you punish when there aren't any poorly timed dairs? lol.

DUB

Smash Lord
I guess I'll do the IC write up then:

:popo:

75-0 Peanuts

On Stage: You wanna try your best to nana banana popgun banana banana monkeyflip kick.

As for stage CP's I'd go with peanuts SNL instant nana banana-ing. It works well.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
no one is perfect besides m2k, and even he screwed up sometimes in our mm. they WILL screw up eventually, trust me. It depends on where they are on the stage. jump and peanut popgun, but be sure to cancel when they try to approach. Just spam peanuts and force them to approach, and punish them for it. You can't just throw out moves and "pretend to space" like a lot of people do. That is what I noticed at TP3. It's the difference between playing against a random WA mk, or against Havok, DSF, and M2K. Mk has a really hard time vs. diddy, not gonna lie.

Mk is extremely broken in doubles. double mk is even worse. havok + m2k's tornado-tornado combo killed me off the top at 30%. T_T broken

napZzz

Smash Hero

I use luigi for olimar lol.

I have more trouble vs. mk's that pressure me at bad times and mix that in with annoying air camping. Hit and run is so annoying especially when they have the lead.

Saying dont get gimped is like, uhh lol
you taunt and look cool.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
You won't get gimped if you don't have a predictable recovery. In fact, you shouldn't. If you get gimped, it's because you did something extremely dumb. Air camping isn't as hard to get around as it's made out to be.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I knwo this. I'm still fairly knew to diddy and trying to learn how to get around these things myself as to the air camping. Mk air camping is like eh.

I have more trouble vs. this kirby air camping if anything, but that could just be the player skill xD

but nair and dair can easily beat all forms of diddys recovery. I'm not saying its easy to get gimped, but no matter how many times you mix it up eventually you will be hit and relentlessly beat off stage :/ I get gimped like usually once every 2 rounds when I play the good mk in my area, but that one stock maeks the difference <_<

Player-1

Smash Legend
A defensive MK is the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASIST thing to beat in this game, I've had harder times playing wifi gannons than defensive MKs.

Especially when you shoot more peanuts.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
A defensive MK is the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASIST thing to beat in this game, I've had harder times playing wifi gannons than defensive MKs.

Especially when you shoot more peanuts.
I completely agree.
It's when MKs get that aggro going and leaves me with no room to breathe. That's when I get ****ed up.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
If you lose stocks due to gimping, then stay in the middle of the stage the best that you can, and make the effort to recover high above the stage. Also, save your second jump, and try to predict if the mk is going to up b you. If you get up b'd trying to second jump, you're done for. I've gotten gimped plenty of times now knowing how to recover, but now i don't get gimped often at all unless I screw up by doing a wrong move or predicting the mk wrong.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I dont get gimped by up b. ITs by repeated dair/nair's then an edge hog or something. <_<

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I remember early this year a new glide toss AT discovered by Supermodel from Paris IIRC about a short glide toss. From a decent distance is that a viable way to beat reflectors? Namely Falco's?
If you were to throw it to hit the reflector isnt it safe that it won't hit you again so you can just cartwheel in and get the naner?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

Count Pikmin.

Weruop is a Peach-slayer. I actually have to try really hard to beat him despite the matchup advantage; he beat Kos-Mos at Genesis.

But he picks his moves based on the next color of his pikmin. Count how many moves until the purples reach the front of his line, then focus on avoiding the upsmash; run away, force him to throw the purple, then shield (purples don't latch on to shields) and kill the purple as he scurries back.

If you're focusing really well, count the blues too, they're gonna go for grabs.

It doesn't even matter if he knows you're doing it, because it'll keep you from getting hit by the purple smashes and blue grabs.

I completely agree.
It's when MKs get that aggro going and leaves me with no room to breathe. That's when I get ****ed up.

Nooooo it's easssssy just put bananas where you think he's gonna be!

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I remember early this year a new glide toss AT discovered by Supermodel from Paris IIRC about a short glide toss. From a decent distance is that a viable way to beat reflectors? Namely Falco's?
If you were to throw it to hit the reflector isnt it safe that it won't hit you again so you can just cartwheel in and get the naner?
Ideally, yes, in the same way that Wolf's blaster won't often hit him when reflected because it doesn't go very far. However, the difference in length might not be enough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVezocdi2uI

You be the judge on that one.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Any time I try that against anyone who has a clue when it comes to catching items, they take the banana. Rarely works out for me.
If they air dodge to pick up the banana, punish their landing lag with something: another banana, dash attack, grab...

Player-1

Smash Legend
Count Pikmin.

Weruop is a Peach-slayer. I actually have to try really hard to beat him despite the matchup advantage; he beat Kos-Mos at Genesis.

But he picks his moves based on the next color of his pikmin. Count how many moves until the purples reach the front of his line, then focus on avoiding the upsmash; run away, force him to throw the purple, then shield (purples don't latch on to shields) and kill the purple as he scurries back.

If you're focusing really well, count the blues too, they're gonna go for grabs.

It doesn't even matter if he knows you're doing it, because it'll keep you from getting hit by the purple smashes and blue grabs.

Nooooo it's easssssy just put bananas where you think he's gonna be!
Your Peach just has to shoot more peanuts.

What happened to Le_THieN?
he quit, was getting too old to play a video game cuz he's a scrub.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Any time I try that against anyone who has a clue when it comes to catching items, they take the banana. Rarely works out for me.
That means you're just throwing the bananas at him. He shouldn't be able to catch the banana if you're PUNISHING and PREDICTING with it unless you're telegraphing your moves or allowing him reaction time. Don't hit his shield, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom