• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
You're going under the assumption he stays offstage, tornado from the ledge would put him on stage. You can use your banana pluck to hit him.

any good ranged attack with minimal start up that you hit from the stage.

If he does use Uair then why not use something that's a GUARANTEED kill.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ok...look this is how it works

its all about conditioning your opponent and ****ing him up when he does the same **** twice, cuz we all know that **** dont fly well with us at all

see that mk hold that ledge like a mother's tit, then **** son approach with that shield, bait that upair, **** him up

but yall dont know but mk can just not do those upairs and do **** like fair or actually....ANYTHING else, roll on stage, getup attack, stand on stage,let go of ledge, jump, etc.

just bait/react/read/adapt/punish my *****s. that is all.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
basically. but the SMART players usually don't do the same things twice (unless it keeps working), but alas never give anyone credit unless when credit is due. just because theyre a top player dont think they dont have a habit or a pattern or have a response to every situation. we're all human. we have flaws and make mistakes when given the opportunity.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Alright so I was thinking about the intelligence of the diddy board. You have your chimps like ADHD and gnes. Then u have lemurs like p1, lie and biglou. Then you have baboons like jebes.

:phone:

Dekar173

Justice Man
You're going under the assumption he stays offstage, tornado from the ledge would put him on stage. You can use your banana pluck to hit him.

any good ranged attack with minimal start up that you hit from the stage.

If he does use Uair then why not use something that's a GUARANTEED kill.
As Diddy, if he uses uair ONCE on your shield, he still has the frame advantage while you're dairing.

You are now offstage against mk, dairing.

Good luck.

Player-1

Smash Legend
He doesn't have frame advantage. According to the video diddy the move you are using must hit on frame 13 or less to punish MK which diddys fair hits on frame 13 so it trade hits not to mention you can use a faster move even and hit mk

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, MK's fastest reaction after 1 uair is to uair again. Uair comes out on frame 2, which is exactly enough to CLASH with your dair, sending you upwards and spiking MK. Airdodge is frame 3, so your buffered dair would hit him before he could airdodge. Everything else is equal or slower than that. Pretty much, if you buffer everything (so that it is frame perfect), you either spike MK or you spotdodge on stage.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ok.

Logic straight up ****ing SHOWED this to me at G2.

Has a single one of you attempted it? Anyone?

Do you know the ****ing inputs in order to do this???

YOU HAVE TO PRE-EMPTIVELY INPUT THESE THINGS. You can NOT react to a uair in time to actually do this.

This being known- when the MK decides to NOT uair your shield, and you end up rolling, wtf did it accomplish for you? MK's still safe on the ledge if he's playing safely, and now he has a free punish.

Why? Because you are limited to literally ONE option, and he has many.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I know how this works, it all has to be inputted right away, before you know if MK is gonna uair or not. It is never reliable, and you should probably never use it.

However, if you do happen to get the read on MK uairing you, and you input everything correctly, you DO get the spike.

Condition MK to uair you while planking. Shield the uair. Punish.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Dekar I gave tried it and got it once after a couple tries and was consistently falling off the stage which is the hard part, with practice you could master it. I keep telling you that it's not about the actual execution but the threat of it that makes it important because all types of planking are now punishable. The smash lab has already made an easier way to do it that covers more options and stuff and said they'd release it in a week or two probably

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea its best to not mess with it anyway : [ its high risk, average reward. not worth it.

KTAR HYPE

Dekar173

Justice Man
Exactly, you keep saying "all of his other options are punishable!!!"

and yet, when he uses another option (it's called a mix-up, other players are capable of it, too!) you have no answer for it.

This is a technique I HAVE practiced, and HAVE mastered, the instant Logic told me about it I decided to try it. It is NOT that good, except for MK, who can actually challenge an MK off-stage.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
all options are punishable by all other options. doing nothing is an option. walking around is an option. shooting peanuts is an option.

sometimes shooting peanuts is the best punish you can ask for ever.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Exactly, you keep saying "all of his other options are punishable!!!"

and yet, when he uses another option (it's called a mix-up, other players are capable of it, too!) you have no answer for it.
I just answered it with "shoot more peanuts". ... so IDK what you're talking about, in case you didn't realize I was 100% serious.

Dekar you seem to seriously not be understanding what I'm saying. I never said this was super useful or anything, ALL THAT I'M SAYING IS THAT AT LEAST WE CAN PUNISH MK'S PLANKING WHICH WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO PUNISH ACCORDING TO FRAME DATA WHEN DONE PERFECTLY BEFOREHAND. Also, you "immediately going to try it out right after it was discovered" doesn't give you much credibility. "Oh yeah you know I went and tested it right after it was discovered with no other details about it you know for 30 minutes and stuff and didn't find it useful, anyone who thinks otherwise is ********" is what I'm getting from you.

Also, this isn't JUST MK in case you didn't realize, it works on everyone in which case then I do think it can be useful on characters like Marth who will try planking with fair which is A LOT more punishable.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
option selects are only good in street fighter and or any low buffering game. i would rather rely on my reading and adaptation skills in smash.but hey this is a good discovery of one in smash. gj jebus.

asportking

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I'm new here, and this question might be kind of stupid to all you brawl-experts, but are there any of Diddy's techs (not sure "tech" is the right word, I'm talking about things like glide-tossing and dribbling) that you can't do on a wii remote and nunchuck. It seems like most people use gamecube controllers, and while I do have one, I've never used it, and I'd rather not have to get used to a new controller.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Ok, so I'm new here, and this question might be kind of stupid to all you brawl-experts, but are there any of Diddy's techs (not sure "tech" is the right word, I'm talking about things like glide-tossing and dribbling) that you can't do on a wii remote and nunchuck. It seems like most people use gamecube controllers, and while I do have one, I've never used it, and I'd rather not have to get used to a new controller.
I would HIGHLY recommend you try to use a Gamecube or Classic controller if you are interested in getting seriously into a tournament scene. No C-Stick = almost no ability to do most techs.

EDIT: Unless you can Glide Toss with Shake Smash :troll:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
When forced to play on Wii-Chuck, closest I can get to remotely a glide toss is glide-tossing forward is Dodge Roll+A left or right, else running and then jump-cancel-throw banana in a direction

Otherwise most non-naner-related techs should still be possible

asportking

Smash Rookie
Well, I've been working on using the gamecube controller, and I have to say, it's not very motivating when you can barely beat a level 1 cpu. Whenever I fall off the stage, I start frantically mashing buttons trying to find either the jump button or to use my barrel rockets. It seems like your thumb really gets a workout, jumping back and forth between the c-stick, a, b, and the x/y buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom