• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Good work on helping with the MK frame data. It would really help out our community if you could do this and I would greatly appreciate it. Also if there is anyway for me to help with this then just tell me and I will.

I didn't know that Diddy also had invincibility frames on frame 5 of his Up-B, I know MK does though, this is going to be so useful.

-advent-
i was talkin about MK not diddy........

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My combo video will be delayed a while more.

I want to get a lot more (high quality) footage, and phase out the terrible, 4+ month old footage I have mixed in at the moment.

Even though I'll be getting rid of some great combos, that's not the point of a combo video. The point is to make it a flash spectacle.

Also, I want to use this thread more. If we keep this bumped and active alot, people will be more inclined to post their questions in here.

So think of it as a pseudo-chatroom. I don't think you'll be faulted much for talking off-topic in here.

So. How bout that US election?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Great trailer...Lol. Trailer.

Also. Hey everyone, I wanna pick up Diddy Kong as a secondary. Hopefully...
So I might hang around a little bit and ask n00by questions every now and again. I hope you can endure me :).

See ya's round.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yow
Hum i was reading Luigi Boards's "join me" topic asking if sh double airs could be writen as DNAir, FFAir and stuff like that, so i though we should think of a faster way to write backward downawards glide toss, frontward upward glide toss etc... >.>
What about BD glidet for backward downward glide toss ?
We must decide of the order of the stuff : direction of toss or slide first, stuff like that ; and both if and how we reduce glide toss's notation...
If you guys already do that... meh... what's the used notation ?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I guess Backwards Down Glide Toss could be abbreviated as BDGT, which would be the same as a Backwards Dribble. Hmm.

OmegaExile

Smash Cadet
wassup people...diddy is also my main
but i wanna ask...anyone ever have trouble i the past
glide tossing?? when having to move in 1 direction and mve th c-stick in another lol

I use2 all the time

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
I always find that the best diddy's are the ones that constantly use glide tossing to approach. I'm not that good at it yet, but glidetossing a banana toward your opponent then down smashing seems to be one of his best moves.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Greetings Diddy-players! =)
I just started testing out the ape of yours.

I messed around with his dash attack against the CPU for a while, and now I have a question for you guys..

You know when DA'ing back and forth through your opponent without hitting em with the last hit they get stunned so that you can perform another DA...

IS this a lock? Or does it fail Vs human players?

DUB

Smash Lord
Just a little something I've been doing lately with Diddy. A lot of my Diddy style revolves around grabs and tech chases so heres a little surprising trick to pull on your opponent.

Not !!!! Breakthrough AT!!! or anything. But if you do a D-throw and run towards your opponent and do a sliding shield grab you can usually get them again. It's pretty unexpected (judging by the facial reactions and screams of hax on those I've pulled it on.) I've actually gotten 4 of them i na row off on one person.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just a little something I've been doing lately with Diddy. A lot of my Diddy style revolves around grabs and tech chases so heres a little surprising trick to pull on your opponent.

Not !!!! Breakthrough AT!!! or anything. But if you do a D-throw and run towards your opponent and do a sliding shield grab you can usually get them again. It's pretty unexpected (judging by the facial reactions and screams of hax on those I've pulled it on.) I've actually gotten 4 of them i na row off on one person.
I've got a string of like, 15, in my upcoming combo vid (Though it gets interrupted a few times) :laugh:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's like Dedede's chain throw.

During a running animation, you hold shield, you should stop running, bring up your shield and slide a small distance. From that, you can shield grab.

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol I sometimes dthrow and just run to them and dthrow them again. But this usually only works with not so good players.

It's still a really funny thing to do though.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So the Sonic Chat Thread is finally dead. Poor guys.
We need to use this thread more often for random chat/discussion.

[random]
I'm going to annotate my posts with mankey from now on
[/random]

:056:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So what're you up to? I read the last page or two in the MK ban thread.

I remember when you first posted that vid about charge cancelling.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm putting up vids how to beat MK with certain chars since NO ONE has the balls to do so or bother to learn it for themselves.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I reckon. I get annoyed with all the players in my state that ***** and whine about it and openly admit that they're too lazy to do anything themselves. Despite my anti-ban campaigning, my state has decided to softban MK and there's crap all I can do about it :(

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think I've figured out how I'm going to collect Diddy's frame data. It's going to be a long project though.
Good thing I have 4 weeks of paid leave coming up soon.

Random PokeDraw:
:049:
Get 49

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I think I've figured out how I'm going to collect Diddy's frame data. It's going to be a long project though.
Good thing I have 4 weeks of paid leave coming up soon.

Random PokeDraw:
:049:
Get 49
Good thing u reminded me. I have to check his spotdodge.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yay for framedata ^^
I sure hope you won't only post it when it's finished so we don't have to wait 4 weeks... ^^'

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
If there is anything I can do to help the project then let me know Vyse.

And yo NinjaLink I would lyk to see your approach on "good" Mk players with Diddy, if you have any vids with him that is. I have actually put in work into figuring out how to fight against him but I must say MK still remains the hardest match up for me to learn. The only thing I have really figured out is how to gimp/edge guard him :( so any help to the Diddy character match up against him gets a thank you and jamaican luv from me :) lolz.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
The only ones i have up are against inui. It kinda shows what to do first couple of stocks. Of course, lameness cause the sleepyness i had that day lmao hence the lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom