• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I don't see any Q&A discussion or thread anywhere, I've checked the stickies but I don't see any there>_< But if there is link it to me please. If this wrong thread to ask my humbliest apologies.

Does Diddy have good or bad matchups against the top/high tier characters ( Ex: MK, Rob, D3.)

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bphbzqFqdF4

Hey guys just wanted to show diddy vs falco.....alot of gimping and patience is involved and get damage while u can. Dont bother to combo much unless ur in the center of the stage....^_^
Wow, that kid didn't even use the reflector once. Anyway, the portion of the match that you had marked toward the end looked to be as if you landed your D-smash precisely at the same time as he slipped on the banana, but it for some reason didn't register either the knock-back or the damage of the D-smash and went with the banana trip animation instead. That kinda sucks. =)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Wow, that kid didn't even use the reflector once. Anyway, the portion of the match that you had marked toward the end looked to be as if you landed your D-smash precisely at the same time as he slipped on the banana, but it for some reason didn't register either the knock-back or the damage of the D-smash and went with the banana trip animation instead. That kinda sucks. =)
Well i play him alot. When i spam bananas he uses the reflector. I figured out u have to properly time the throws at certain distances to avoid that. I just creeped up on him then throw. I cant do to falco like that pika vid cause of obvious reasons. If i did REFLECTORS GALORE.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Well i play him alot. When i spam bananas he uses the reflector. I figured out u have to properly time the throws at certain distances to avoid that. I just creeped up on him then throw. I cant do to falco like that pika vid cause of obvious reasons. If i did REFLECTORS GALORE.
Of course not, it's Falco. =) And I wasn't criticizing you at all - Falco's just a naturally more difficult match-up. And it makes sense that you play him all the time. I thought the chemistry of the match seemed a little weird and relaxed in a way. I was under the impression this was another one of your tournament friendlies. My new patented strategy is just to approach Falco with a banana in hand, glide-toss backwards and throw the banana down to bait the reflector and then just crawl underneath it. =) I'M SOOOOOOO COOL

Anyway, do you have any input on the Wolf match-up? You've been kind of mum on this thread these last several days.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Of course not, it's Falco. =) And I wasn't criticizing you at all - Falco's just a naturally more difficult match-up. And it makes sense that you play him all the time. I thought the chemistry of the match seemed a little weird and relaxed in a way. I was under the impression this was another one of your tournament friendlies. My new patented strategy is just to approach Falco with a banana in hand, glide-toss backwards and throw the banana down to bait the reflector and then just crawl underneath it. =) I'M SOOOOOOO COOL

Anyway, do you have any input on the Wolf match-up? You've been kind of mum on this thread these last several days.
Dealing with alot on nonsense lately. Anyway against wolf.....honestly dont see the problem. One grab and bananas set and theres some guaranteed damage. He doesnt have guaranteed damage on u. If he spams lasers just use hte up-b counter and it could hit him in the midst of it all. It'll most likely make him stop. It scares ppl when they see a barrel fly on the stage for like 20 seconds.............yes i've seen it fly around that long. Anyway yea. I'll try to record that matchup if anything.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Dealing with alot on nonsense lately. Anyway against wolf.....honestly dont see the problem. One grab and bananas set and theres some guaranteed damage. He doesnt have guaranteed damage on u. If he spams lasers just use hte up-b counter and it could hit him in the midst of it all. It'll most likely make him stop. It scares ppl when they see a barrel fly on the stage for like 20 seconds.............yes i've seen it fly around that long. Anyway yea. I'll try to record that matchup if anything.
One of the boys in my crew (Shade) and I go roughly even on this match-up. Neither one of us ever blow each other out, but I find that I'm a great deal more cautious now that he uses Wolf's D-smash exclusively after I hit the 90% mark and when I'm near the edge of a stage. All of my toughest match-ups are always against members of my crew though (which includes a ROB, Meta Knight, Falco and Wolf), but I have absolutely no qualms with playing against these characters used by complete strangers in tournaments. I think inter-crew rivalries tend to be a little bit more stressful just by proxy of the fact that they're very acclimated to my play-style, but I'm always working on overcome this minor hindrance.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just got back from an STD with my crew.
Recorded some vids which I might upload soonish.

****, I made one of my friends, K-0S, get so discouraged by the bananas that he doesn't even want to enter my tourney anymore =_=

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I didnt go. I thought ppl knew that. Since everything was complicated and so much BS was goin on i couldnt go.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Last tourney i placed first in teams and singles. Tourney before that second in teams and singles. Before that first at a weekly. I got first at 3 weeklies in july. I got first in teams and singles again at a jersey tourney. I got 3rd at esticle. Good enough for u?

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
Last tourney i placed first in teams and singles. Tourney before that second in teams and singles. Before that first at a weekly. I got first at 3 weeklies in july. I got first in teams and singles again at a jersey tourney. I got 3rd at esticle. Good enough for u?
just wondering.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
If i took out mew2k in tourney, u'd think i place high......:dizzy:
since i havent seen the tourney thread m2k couldve won the tourney for all I know. i dont know if you beat him in winners or losers : /

got a link to the results page?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Ugh, this weekend is my last weekend of freedom.

After that, I go into Tournament Overdrive, directing an anime convention tournament and a national tournament over back to back weekends =_=

I won't be in the first tournament, but I'll be repping all the way in the national tourney. Hoping for a 100 person turnout.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Thanks NL :)

So who's heading to the Ohana tournament in '09? It's going to be a massive, international tournament in Boston.

I might just hop on a plane for it during the American summer in 2009.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So the Sonic boards are doing a communal combo video.
Maybe we should get in on the act with Diddy?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well i have videos to upload. Dont expect me to be helpful in the threads much anymore. Ppl have been douchebags towards me lately so im sticking to myself for the time being.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Sorry to sound like that but ppl lately have been treating me like ****. I'll donate some info time to time or if someone were to PM me to add info on a certain subject but im not gonna be quick to post on everything. Going back to the way i originally came into brawl with. Kept everything to myself and told a special few.

Count

Smash Champion
That sucks that people are treating you like sh*t, but that hasn't really been happening in the diddy forums!! Anyway, hope people treat you better and hopefully I can at least watch your diddy in action at a tourney or something.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
yea but i'll try to put up that secret technique because i did say i'll put it up. I've shown Thumbswayup the technique plus some others i havent mentioned yet.

IDK

Smash Lord
^^ lulz i'm excited. o and as to not waste another post, i'm just going to say here that i'm finally getting up some vids of me... and ones for my techniques thread maybe this weekend.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Ok i just recorded those techniques just now like within the past 5 minutes. Kinda hard to record by myself so excuse any mistakes. Imma rip them now and upload them right after. BTW i have some diddy vids and a possible new discovery. It'll be in this thread and both my normal vids thread and techniques thread.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Ok i just recorded those techniques just now like within the past 5 minutes. Kinda hard to record by myself so excuse any mistakes. Imma rip them now and upload them right after. BTW i have some diddy vids and a possible new discovery. It'll be in this thread and both my normal vids thread and techniques thread.

New discovery? :O what is it?:p

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
When Diddy main's say "help us!"
NinjaLink will whisper "...No..."

lol, I've no idea what the Watcher's is about, but that line is too good.

And whatever it is, I'll add it to the sticky as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom