• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Just to add i think i recorded a vid of my diddy recently..........not sure if i should put it up..................meatriders ya kno....they SCARE me T_T

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Just to add i think i recorded a vid of my diddy recently..........not sure if i should put it up..................meatriders ya kno....they SCARE me T_T
Who was the match against? I'm assuming it must be a good one for you to post on here saying you dont know if you should put it up. If its against a good Luigi or DK then feel free to share, otherwise, feel free to share LoLz.

-advent-

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ninjalink posts make me lol

like this -----------> :laugh:

DUB

Smash Lord
I'm in the process of picking up a REAL secondary character ( R.O.B. doesn't have naners = / ).

What character generally has good matchups against Diddy's bad matchups?

DUB

Smash Lord
So I've been playing as Marth as a secondary lately and he might just be the best 2ndary for Diddy. He excels on stages like Norfair and BF and others which arn't too hot for Diddy. Plus he matches up well against Falco.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Except GaW, my *cough* 7 other chars *cough* cover most of the hard matchups i has with diddy x)
I can't play well Marth, dunno why, and i don't wanna play MK nor gaw, an i KNO why x)
So i'm screwed for this one x) Have you got any tip on how to counter him ? I only spam shield here but... not that efficient.

Ah and this is totally out of current topic, but do some of you dash dance ? I find it way too good with diddy, i almost spam it now...jump cancelled throw ftw
Ah and tripping ftl :p

Mizar

Smash Ace
Question: About the peanut gun cancel. RIGHT after you press B for shoot a nut, you can cancel it without doing an airdoge. I'm still trying to get the momentum from shooting the peanut after I cancel it. (you know, jump, turn around peanut you can get the weird flying direction when done right)
Anyway, what the idea was, is to jump, and space back.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Question: About the peanut gun cancel. RIGHT after you press B for shoot a nut, you can cancel it without doing an airdoge. I'm still trying to get the momentum from shooting the peanut after I cancel it. (you know, jump, turn around peanut you can get the weird flying direction when done right)
Anyway, what the idea was, is to jump, and space back.
That's like you would do it with Wolf aye? How you can influence the aerial direction of Wolf after he fires a short hopped laser?

I dunno, I might be reading what you said wrong.

AntiPyroShyGuy

Banned via Administration
..aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAA

Luigi player

Smash Master
I have one question concerning diddy kong: What are the best matchups for diddy and what are the worst?
I think the best matchups would be big and slow characters without a (good) projectile...
Like Ike, Bowser, DK, Charizard, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf ...

His worst matchups are probably:
Peach, Falco, MK?, Olimar?, maybe Wolf?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
diddy vs marth, whats the match up like?

edit: and diddy does well vs mk in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Diddy does worst against Falco and Olimar?
The rest aren't tooo bad.

Marth Vs. Diddy ain't too bad.

Marth can't really glide toss forwards, just backwards. It's like playing against MK, in that you've got an opponent with an awesome disjointed hit box, that can pressure the heck out of you, but lacks a projectile.

And is less broken, lol.

DUB

Smash Lord
I think the best matchups would be big and slow characters without a (good) projectile...
Like Ike, Bowser, DK, Charizard, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf ...

His worst matchups are probably:
Peach, Falco, MK?, Olimar?, maybe Wolf?
DDK vs. DK is a pretty even matchup. DK isn't as slow as he looks unfortunately:ohwell:

Yeah, it's pretty safe to say MK players don't like playing Diddy Kongs.

New Anouncement:

Diddy's N-air is underrated.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
DDK vs. DK is a pretty even matchup. DK isn't as slow as he looks unfortunately:ohwell:

Yeah, it's pretty safe to say MK players don't like playing Diddy Kongs.

New Anouncement:

Diddy's N-air is underrated.
lol at DDK. For a MK's opinion ask Vilt lol.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey I got a question,
Do you guys have any tips on how to diddy hump the small characters like kirby?
Whenever I try it I usualy flip right over him.
And don't just tell me to cancel into a kick, I want to latch onto his face, not kick it!

DUB

Smash Lord
That is just going to take practice. Make sure they are a little above you when you do it. As for situational uses, the little floaty characters with all the mid-air jumps, you don't want to jump all the way out and do it because you probably wont get it. When they are close to the stage you can run off and latch onto them. That's one of the easiest ways to land it.

DUB

Smash Lord
Well, there's a whole slew of better options then to Diddy hump your opponent while he's just standing there. But the position you need to set yourself up for, you want to be relatively close to them, no so close that you go right through them, not so far that you land in front of them. Try it out in training, you'll get the feel for this in no time.

Some applications for you:

The only time I ever use the latching Diddy Hump

-Stages with short platforms that won't allow banana use that well
-You throw a banana and they shield it

++ If your opponent is shielding and you diddy hump it treats it as a grab so you can latch right onto them regardless++

Hope that helped.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah thanks I'll try the training. I know theres way better things to do in that situation, but I'm not playing competetively and the diddy hump is so dang funny (get off my face!)

Luigi player

Smash Master
He probably wants to approach Diddy with short hop airdodging (to avoid bananas?)... and wants to know if this is a good tactic? =/

DUB

Smash Lord
Ah, well that's more situational. I never really like SHADing much because it screams Shield Grab but I guess you could try it. The only reason I don't think it would be too effective against Diddy is usually after a Diddy player throws a banana he is instantly going to follow up with something.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Pretty sure there was a thread in tactical discussion with all the frame data posted literally only a few days ago, and had all the frame data bar sonic's.

Give me a while and I'll find it.

I'm just busy with traineeship stuffs >.<

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
all i kno is his jab is 3 frames. i could test cause i helped mew2k with the frame testing on MK. His up-b has invincibility on frame 5 and hits on frame 6. Problem is i dont have my ac adapter for wii now. Once i do i'll TRY to help out.

Luigi player

Smash Master
The frame data would be really helpful. I can't do this stuff though.

Pretty sure there was a thread in tactical discussion with all the frame data posted literally only a few days ago, and had all the frame data bar sonic's.

Give me a while and I'll find it.

I'm just busy with traineeship stuffs >.<
People wrote in the topic that there are a few wrong numbers. So I don't really think it's that helpful.

Someone who can do it exact should do this so we know how it really is.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
all i kno is his jab is 3 frames. i could test cause i helped mew2k with the frame testing on MK. His up-b has invincibility on frame 5 and hits on frame 6. Problem is i dont have my ac adapter for wii now. Once i do i'll TRY to help out.
Good work on helping with the MK frame data. It would really help out our community if you could do this and I would greatly appreciate it. Also if there is anyway for me to help with this then just tell me and I will.

I didn't know that Diddy also had invincibility frames on frame 5 of his Up-B, I know MK does though, this is going to be so useful.

-advent-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom