• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I secondary him so I know the basics, I have never really faced one before so I am looking for more Diddy related answers.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
When playing someone, do you look at your own character or your opponents?

What do you do in 2v2?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
opponent...logical dood how can u react to something u dont see coming? u know ur character, u know the buttons ur pushing it shouldnt matter if ur looking at urself nothing random will happen. ur opponent however gotta be observing the whole time.

2v2

i team with a wolf, i look at both of my bananas placement, my opponents and i look at my team mate every 5-6 seconds unless he yells DFEAR!?.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I mean who you focus on. I need to get out of the habit of looking at my own character. It's stupid..

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ALWAYS look at ur opponent dood u cant predict what he does. but u know what ur doing with ur character so there is essentially no need to look at urself.

for doubles u can trust ur partner to know what hes doing and just glance at him/her to see if he needs ur help and u can focus on the opponent closest to u or whomever ur first facing and just glance over to see how the other opponent is doing just in case anything fishy comes up. logical stuff mate o-o

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I don't think you should keep your eyes glued to your opponent, you have to look at where you are when recovering. And you should know where the stage stops. I'm pretty sure you have a larger field of vision then just your opponent.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
My point was, you should be focusing on everything. You guys act like the characters fill up the screen. If you think about it when you are playing you will see that you focus on everything. Maybe your problem is that you just arn't quite confident that you know what you are doing. I can dribble without looking now but before I had to stare at my nannas a lot of the time. I'm sure it will go away and you will focus on everything and all the action.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I don't think you should keep your eyes glued to your opponent, you have to look at where you are when recovering. And you should know where the stage stops. I'm pretty sure you have a larger field of vision then just your opponent.
lol...xD u took my response literally... :p if im viewing my opponent how do i know if im on land or falling down to my doom lol xD its k though :3 i leik u too haha xD got to look at everything in the end anyway

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Im not talking about simple moves like dribbling. I'm talking about spacing.

like snake with his grenades. You can't tell when he's gonna throw them until the animation of him bringing his arm back. Either you look at him, then look at where you are on the stage or you look at yourself and see the grenades coming. You can't look at both at the same time, or you won't be as effective and quick.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ur eyes are quicker than u think lol and the screen isnt a fat guy xD take one glimpse man.

in the situation u presented us. when u hear that gernade click sound, be cautious look at where u are first and see how u can assess the situation and space accordingly to the distance snake can throw the gernade normally with the b button or smashed throw. platforms help :3

snake has many option with a gernade in hand he can 1. throw it 2. shield drop it 3. z drop it 4. grab out of it 5. just hold it. just watch what he does at this step and follow up from what he does :3 dunno what to say otherwise.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Alright well it's done. Finished editing completely.

But you guys are gonna have to wait just a teensy bit longer because:

1. I want to go to sleep
2. I need to render it
3. I need to encode it
4. I need to upload it

This thing is over 20 minutes of Diddy Kong pwnage.
I just need a little bit more time.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Rendering tha Video!

****, I had to tone down some of the settings to make the render time bearable.

540 x 360

No Yeahuzz : [

EDIT:

Okay, I've finished encoding the video, but something went wrong during the encoding process. For some reason, the video during some parts is out of sync. I've come this far so I don't want to release anything short of perfect. I'm going to re-encode the video again.

I am sorry for the delay.

cong

Smash Journeyman
Alright, basicly i went to a london tourney and was doing quite well until i plaied a very good falco player.

i never really plaied a good one before and after getting ***** hard for not know the match up well ( hopefully ill changed this the next time i see him in a tourny)

i wanted to ask what should be utilized?

thinking back to my match one problem i had was i thought there was some lag time after his reflector was out, i tried to GT a nana to him but he used anther reflector right after. ( this happened twice)

i tried to aviod getting gabbed but he jabbed then grabbed me ( one time i had a nana bhind me but he used some turning grab so nana was kinda usless)

and anther thing that was effecting me soooo much was the lazers, the wall of lazer was making me approch and i was making silly mistakes because of it ( throwing nana in wierd places)

but really the matches were pretty much one sided.

i can't really recall anymore than that, any help will be appreciated.

i know i gotta improve spacing to aviod CG but the lazers are too good imo

cong

Smash Journeyman
Ahh yeh down throw would be good, thanks for the info, and yeh i hope DFEAR chooses falco in one of the next match ups xD

TreK

Is "that guy"
I hope too, I feel like I know what to do vs falcos but still get ***** lmao

Count

Smash Champion
Listen to this tourney set I had on Saturday with krystedez, a wario player.

Those of you who play wifi will know him, this was an in person tourney though.

Each game in the went at least 7 min 30 sec except for game 4

Game one: ten seconds left on the clock, he is at 90 percent, I am at 50. I just have to jump around for ten seconds. I get farted on by a full waft and it breaks my shield. Charged Fsmash kills me.

Games 2 and 3: I cp yoshis and win easily, he cps norfair and wins fairly easily

Game 4: I cp BF (i camp under platforms vs wario I consider it the best strategy vs wario).

I'm basically done for, I'm at 67, he is at 10. HOWEVER I get my first grab on the ledge of the set, his bike is on the stage, I spike him and he can't recover. On to game 5.

Game 5: We go back to battlefield. With under 20 seconds left, I stand at 134% and he is at 101%, I hit him with back to back fairs, but the clock is ticking, and I miss an uair. The time then runs out and I lose by 4 percent.

Set was really fun, lasted like 45 min counting choosing our cps and stuff.

Bickers

Smash Cadet
Hey, ive been having a problem fighting the good ol ice climbers as the dids. Whenever i play my friends ice climbers, i find it one of the hardest games because of 1) the chain grab 2) the smash on grab (mainly when high %) 3) bananas only trip one and both ice climbers can hold bananas making it a pain in the arse to get them back or to weave around them.
Also when i cartwheel, one ice climber gets hit and the other one grabs me.
Can anyone please shine light on my sticky situation?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Hey, ive been having a problem fighting the good ol ice climbers as the dids. Whenever i play my friends ice climbers, i find it one of the hardest games because of 1) the chain grab 2) the smash on grab (mainly when high %) 3) bananas only trip one and both ice climbers can hold bananas making it a pain in the arse to get them back or to weave around them.
Also when i cartwheel, one ice climber gets hit and the other one grabs me.
Can anyone please shine light on my sticky situation?
Don't approach when they aren't tripped...If you do approach grab>dash attack...Anyone vs. IC is a major campfest...the good news is once you sepatate them, you can go all out...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Don't approach when they aren't tripped...If you do approach grab>dash attack...Anyone vs. IC is a major campfest...the good news is once you sepatate them, you can go all out...
this!

also note that when Popo has a nanner in hand, Popo throws the nanner, Nana will automatically catch it no matter what(syncd). otherwise (desyncd). When Nana has a nanner the nanner will be thrown and popo will not be able to catch it but he might do a random attack/grab so take advantage of shielding the banana and catching when the situation comes and do whatever u want.

and yes this matchup supports camping and opportunities times 100.

so becareful of mindgames, make sure to watch them when theyre desynced or synced.

an example of syncd climbers is when they do 2 uairs.

um what else...have one nanner in hand and one on top of u or near u just in case.

hmmm they also love to do running shield to force that spotdodge. dnt fall for their grab mindgames just jump if they run at u, cuz seriously what can they do to u besides punish with an arial? whats worse? being predicted and getting punished with a 0 death or jump and have a chance of evading everything!

edit:

also to help against chaingrabs. Poop jokes help alot in this matchup o.o makes them mess up more than half the time =P just distractions in general help stop chaingrabs.

Bickers

Smash Cadet
Thanks alot for the replies, i will take these tips into account at the next tourni or social.
( =

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hey guys I posted in another thread here but it might have been overlooked. Zeldas are discussing diddy and the thread's started to stale so soon, there's been no input from you guys as of yet to kick things off, so I'd appreciate it if you came here and gave it some thought: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239597

Many thanks as always =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom