• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I dunno his massive girth is just begging to be rushed down.

But then I lose to stupid tech chase fsmash reads.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
i just find it hilarous for this kid to get super shot down. not even by a diddy main either. just another socal resident :laugh:

while you're here, how you been bro? Playing any other fighters or still rocking that solo brawl?
Been good broskies,tryingggg to play marvel but I dont put enough time to be good at it haha. My hulk is funny =)

How you been man???

:phone:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
In the Donkey Kong matchup: Should I be camping?
That's the safe approach to the Matchup, but the main focus is just being agile. Get your damage and get out. At low percents, you can rack up like 60% in like 5 secs, but after that just hit hard and then back up. Expect a lot of bairs and tilts to get damage off of you. When your in kill range like around late 100's, they're going to go for dsmash probably because its a quick smash or read your airdodge to get an up smash kill.

:dk2: is a good matchup for us, but if you don't know it you can get wrecked pretty easily.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I heard there's also this thing that gives you the ability to use your final smash if you keep dying a lot.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Welcome Firefly, but for the love of God your avatar is horrifying

Okay, so, the Marth MU. The BBR says we have the advantage, but I honestly still can't see it being any better than even, especially once stage counterpicks are brought into the equation. What am I missing?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
slightly our advantage, but still annoying matchup for us, if that makes any sense

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Just as planned. :smirk:

If I could give you one bit of advice though, it would be to try and replace your fear of the character with respect for his strengths. The main difference being that you can respect what DK has without letting it get to your head when you get hit by one of his high-reward punishes. If you get hit by DK's Fsmash, Giant Punch, or whatever else, acknowledge that **** happens and shrug it off. I think this was the main difference between the set we played in February and the one we played last weekend. The first time, I wasn't able to get in most of the time, and you did a pretty good job of keeping me out without letting my rare punishes affect your game too much. I barely scraped by the win, whereas on Saturday, I got some pretty rough punishes in before you were able to really pitch your tent, and I was able to simply ride the momentum for the rest of the match because it shook you up.

That and what Zinoto said.

:005:

Kantrip

Kantplay
That is good advice. Things getting to my head and me choking as a result is one of my main problems. When I'm on my game I personally think I can win a match against anyone in our region. All the things I need work on will come through playing more people.

Thanks for the help Firefly, and Zinoto too :)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hai Diddy Kong mains.

The Dedede boards are beginning new matchup discussion threads, and we'd like your help. Our first match up to discuss is Diddy Kong and since you guys are intelligent Diddy mains, we'd like you to join in on our discussion.

With MK banned in the Unity Ruleset, Dedede will surely benefit from from this, and may become a more prevelant threat.

The thread is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319459

Please feel free to input your thoughts on the matchup, and you may even learn something new yourself. :)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
That is good advice. Things getting to my head and me choking as a result is one of my main problems. When I'm on my game I personally think I can win a match against anyone in our region. All the things I need work on will come through playing more people.

Thanks for the help Firefly, and Zinoto too :)
No problem. If you're not there yet, you're certainly getting pretty close (I'd be seriously impressed if you took a game off Dawson, or Landon when he's 100%). You should try and get some matches with them saved next time so we can compare notes. =P

:005:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
you just have to camp super hard, if you think you're camping enough you probably aren't.
^^^^^^^

Lol too true.

It's our favor, but your primary goal should be to keep Marth out and stay on the ground. We get juggled so hard in this matchup but on the ground we wreck him. Make sure you shield and punish his fairs, but more importantly be unpredictable

:phone:

Vega4

Smash Ace
DK match-up feels very easy for Diddy. Every time I play vs a DK, they just want to break their controllers xD
If you do it well, DK can't do anything, it's imposible for him to get in, and if the get a little closer, random monkey flips works so well.

tibs7

Smash Champion
no way lucas.....
bad MU's are clearly: wario, snake and possibly IC's..............maybe oli too C:

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Lucas can shut down the nana game can't he? He has a reflector and a good quick nair to pick up nanas and challenge our dash attack at the same time

Not to mention he can edge guard with his up b to stop or recovery as easily as we can spike him during his

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom