• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
psssh american government taking so long to act against kony
useless

Tacket

The Innovator
Woot!
Just won a local San Diego tourney.
Prize was $200. Small, but okay I guess.
Final match was Olimar (Me) vs. DK, I 3 stocked him. I came back from 4-0 as well.
Hopefully, vids coming soon.

It was called the Mr. Saturnathon.

:phone:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Hey Tacket, there's going to be a tournament in San Diego at an anime convention next Sunday. Since you're such a great player I though I'd let you know. Btw, I'm convention staff so I can't enter the tournaments. That means that the only thing standing between you and some sweet prizes are a bunch of weaboos who spam Pit's mirror shield.

Convention info here -> http://www.animeconji.org/2012/
We'll be using a slightly altered Japanese ruleset for the main Brawl tourney.
[COLLAPSE="Modified Japanese Rule Set"]1. 3 stocks
2. 8 minute timer
3. 1 game sets (WF and GF will be best-of-3)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Changing controls allowed
7. Pause is turned off

-----------Limiting Rules/Bans-----------
1. No modified controllers
2. No using infinites for stalling purposes
3. No bugs of any kind
4. No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
5. Ledge grab limit of 50
6. No scrooging
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.

-----------Stages-----------
Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

-----------Timeouts-----------
In the event that a match goes to time, the victor will be decided by the following steps, in order:
1. Number of ledgegrabs (if one player exceeds 50 ledgegrabs, that player will be declared the loser)
2. Number of remaining stocks
3. Amount of damage percent
4. If stocks and damage percent identical, the match will be replayed on the same stage, with each player at one stock.[/COLLAPSE]
We'll also have another tourney with a loose (Ie everything is legal with 5 minutes timer) ruleset.

Entry to all the tournaments (Pokemon, Tekken, uMvC3, Blazblue, CoD and Brawl) and convention activities (free food room, anime screenings, pool party, maid cafe, batucada etc etc) is free but a one day convention badge (which you need to get in) is $20. You just won $200 so paying 20 bucks for a convention pass shouldn't be a problem. ;)

Tacket

The Innovator
Eh....
I dunno weeaboos and *** rulesets can be really annoying.
Count me out of this one, bro.

EDIT: Wow, didn't know *** was censored. These censors here are more strict than a *****'s **** after being ****ed by a cluster**** of angry ****** ****s.

Player-1

Smash Legend
sheik you camp and grab a lot not so much with aerials tilts are good, olimar you space around his grab range carefully and wait for an opening to get a hit, lucas you make sure you get your powershields right against pk fire they like to nair and dair a lot his grab isn't very good so generally stuff on shield is pretty safe it should be hard for them to kill you. Luigi player knows the MU pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vppV1cmAS0

Player-1

Smash Legend
Here are some vids of me from a tournament a week and a half ago:

Vs Reflex (Loser Finals):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-bFewg_vY&feature=youtu.be

Vs BigLou (Winner Finals):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SG1oZbuuBU&list=PLEBEDE37F8AC06783&index=13&feature=plpp_video

Vs JMIX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66C6iJnEfy8&list=PLEBEDE37F8AC06783&index=10&feature=plpp_video

Vs Ragnarock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLnYY7oJORE&list=PLEBEDE37F8AC06783&index=8&feature=plpp_video

I have one other set of me vs Micaelis coming also. I think me vs Reflex was me playing at one of my best in a while, good set to watch. Me BigLou, game 1 wasn't saved but he won in the Diddy ditto and then I kind of figured him out and won games 2 and 3, then he switched to Luigi and I was playing pretty well until my last stock I guess I kind of panicked and got predictable at the end which let him get the lead back (and I had really really bad DI last stock), then he switched back to Diddy and it threw me off since I had just played his luigi and started making a comeback at the end, but too little too late I guess.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Diddy does suck and P-1 is the garbage man.
He takes out the trash.
Duh. Stupid yoshi main tryin to get me in trouble.
Go get footstoolled outta your second jump and attempt to recover.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
he's a marth witha reflector and lazor and a worse recovery. just learn how to punish those things
.......what?

Bait the reflector and get free damage. Bananas on the ground to control the stage and cut down on their smashes and junk. Don't get bairs in your face. Peanut the recovery.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol diddy is good but very over rated by other players

P1 why lose to reflex mang?
you're better.wario is just to gay.
i omly watched game 1....
shouldnt lose to wario on SV though, ever!!! :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth boards are pretty amazing though with their frame data and good match ups n shizzle,
we also hate your forward air more than you hate ours.
A true blood pact.

I also did some frame data for your board too, so like, I have a valid Casus Bellis.

tibs7

Smash Champion
wtf are you smoking tibs...it's a fairly even MU on SV (most stages actually) 55-45 wario's favor.
look im sure id lose to reflex as well!
but SV is such a very very good stage for us. i think its even there.
defs 55:45 everywhere else though (not fd obv)

oh and hai shaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom