• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Thank you for posting that. BF is one of the few stages I'm never sure what to make my first move, I gotta try that.

Does anyone know where the list of who the SideB GR > FSJ works on? I remember MetaKnight and Kirby it was garunteed on. Who else?

Been playing around with it against MetaKnight's at low percents, it's a great way to get them low but when they know it exists and they don't panic I have trouble getting the kill out of it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Does anyone else do this besides me?

As soon as you start a match on bf, monkey flip kick ----> uair ----> 1-3 u-tilts -----> tech chase usmash -----> banana pluck.

i ALWAYS do this..it works about 75% of the time since most people for some reason start the match by going under their platform =S.

Also i never see anyone squeeze in a uair after a monkeyflip kick...it comes out fast, helps when juggling at times =S
yeah, but it's not a good idea to do it ALL the time, so what I do is mix it up between dropping through platform then monkey flip kick or sometimes monkey flip airdodge or sometimes monkey flip kick by getting the momentum boost that you do when using a special move as you run off a platform or stage, etc.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
yeah, but it's not a good idea to do it ALL the time, so what I do is mix it up between dropping through platform then monkey flip kick or sometimes monkey flip airdodge or sometimes monkey flip kick by getting the momentum boost that you do when using a special move as you run off a platform or stage, etc.
hmm, cool =)

skabs

Smash Rookie
There has been a question that has been bugging me for some time now, and I was hoping to hear the opinions of some of the Diddy players on the boards. I have been working on improving me Diddy for some time now, and while I do use several of the more complex combos and strategies, I have never incorporated Glide Tossing into my game. Just how important are Glide Tossing and Dribbling to a higher level Diddy? Are they necessities for any good Diddy, and does the fact that I do not use them adversely impact my game? Thanks a lot for any input!

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Glidetossing will make your Diddy game a hundred times better if you master it. If you arent using it, learn too. You cant expect to go far as a competive Diddy unless youve mastered his banana tricks. 1 hour in training mode at the most and you ll have GTing down. Then just practice the more complex things like dribbling and naner locking. After you can incorporate these techniques in actual matchs, youll see the results right away.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Where can I find a list of the characters that the DHGR to footstool gimp works on? I need it for the True Combos thread.

skabs

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the tips Bellioes, and thanks for the vid SmAsH-T3r! I think the reason that I never needed Glide Tossing before is because the guys I play with had never seen a decent Diddy before. The basic Mind Tricks, rushes, and setups always worked... until they memorized most of my gameplan. Lucky for me, they have never seen Glide Tossing. After I work on it a little more; they should be in for a bit of a surprise! :laugh:

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Alright sorry to ask this on the DIddy Kong Q&A but, I don't see a General Discussion Q&A and this is my home boards anyway has any board finished their "Character Board Combo Video" yet?

Also, how is ours coming along. . . Vyse?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
UNIVERSITY IS AWESOME, I GET LIKE 12,000 WORD ASSIGNMENTS ON EMERGING TECHNOLOGY SERIOUSLY WTF IS WITH THAT.

But seriously, I haven't had a spare moment in a little while.

T_T

NARUTOG

Smash Cadet
need help with dribbling when i do it i turn around. how do i do it without turning around and re-grabing the banana right away.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Diddy counters G&W.

Even though there's like a million threads on this I think it's generally accepted that diddy's worst matchups are Marth, Luigi, and Peach. The order of the three depends on who you talk to.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I find Diddy's hardest Match-Up to be Mr. Game & Watch at the moment.
No. Lol.

Whenever I try to recover against GaW I get punished badly by his **** credit card etc.
Don't monkey flip then; rocket barrel from a far, or when he comes at you either fair or monkey flip, just mix it up.

Just because he can edge guard you does not give him the advantage. Almost every character in the game ***** Diddy offstage. Basically everyone. Diddy's success is dependent on how efficient he can maintain his stage control. Also, GW is one of the only characters Diddy cannot approach, Marth is the only other one coming to mind. Wait for the landing on his bairs and other aerials, and only then do you punish. GW takes the 2nd longest in the game to stand up after being hit my a nanner, punish thoroughly.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
^ wow that is weird.. could something so simple have been overlooked?

I don't have a Wii here with me or I'd try and see if I could figure out what happened

Player-1

Smash Legend
The top of the banana doesn't have a hitbox, it's only the the base of the banana that has one, that's why some smashes/tilts/grabs still get hit by it through platforms any character whose steps are long enough can walk right over a banana, diddy can even do it with his dash attack.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The top of the banana doesn't have a hitbox, it's only the the base of the banana that has one, that's why some smashes/tilts/grabs still get hit by it through platforms any character whose steps are long enough can walk right over a banana, diddy can even do it with his dash attack.
Yeah, I just tested it. You have to be mind-bogglingly close to the banana to dash over it, but you can do it. Funny thing is that you can foxtrot back and forth over the top of it perfectly if you space it right the first time :laugh: Thanks!

Muro

Smash Lord
so assuming the dash attack hits, is there a way to tell which way the opponent is gonna get tossed(like up, up front, up back, or simply staying grounded?) or you just gonna have to whatch it and act on reaction? I guess some of it must have to deal with their DI, is it better to always wait for the last hit and act after the dash attack ends?

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Hey guys, quick question.

Can you SDI when you get hit by a banana (when you're standing on the ground, obviously you can if they hit you in the air)?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I dont think so. The only time you can SDI is during the small amount of frames between when you get hit and when you actually fly away. For example, DKs Dsmash has several of these frames; Dsmash someone and watch how both of you are stunned for like a split second before they go flying off. But trippping causes the opponent to go into a separate animation thats different for each character. This means that when your opponent touches the hitbox of a banana, they dont get any of these 'stun' frames but instead go into the tripping animation. There is are no frames where its possible to DI though I believe as you said that aerial opponents can SDI bananas since you cant trip in the air.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i lost to a mk today...was horrible, he was just dairing all the time and tornadoing and ofcourse the dsmash. i found it soooo hard to hit him with anything.....any tips?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
so assuming the dash attack hits, is there a way to tell which way the opponent is gonna get tossed(like up, up front, up back, or simply staying grounded?) or you just gonna have to whatch it and act on reaction? I guess some of it must have to deal with their DI, is it better to always wait for the last hit and act after the dash attack ends?
You CAN tell; it's a matter off spacing. Practice hitting an opponent with the Dash Attack from different distances, and you will see that the direction they are sent is dependent upon how many times they are hit by the Dash Attack (which is dependent on how close you were to them when you started the attack). After a while, you will develop a knack for how many times the Dash Attack will hit them depending on your spacing, and through that you will know which direction they will go. I had to master this to even have a chance of getting my Dash Attack > RBPG to work in a real game setting x\ Hope that helps.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lol tibs that's how u beat diddy with MK. There isn't really much u can do to counter it.
That's why hes MK, there is no fairness.
no, you're just dumb.

Camp the MK with peanuts while holding a banana, usually they'll use all their midair jumps and then start nadoing so you can cancel the peanut if you're in the middle of the animation and shield the tornado (don't forget to move your shield around so it doesn't shield poke it. Otherwise, if he gets to close with the Dair then punish with one of your aerials or a Utilt/Usmash

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Query, at both before and after 100%+, what are the slowest ways to get back onto the stage for edgegaurding purposes? IE, what method will keep you "on the ledge" the longest?

Player-3

Smash Hero
so im picking up diddy just to piss off p1

and since hes gonna be all dont steal my main iim asking you guys for halp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom