• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega4

Smash Ace
set vs reflex from a tournament 2 weeks ago, more to come vs micaelis, kismet, and 4god:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdz-O-CgSFg&feature=g-all-u&context=G2bc768fFAAAAAAAABAA
I just watched this video. You started pretty well, but sudenddly you slowed down... It wasn't like reflex did something big to stop you, you just did...
I think you can beat Reflex, you just need a little more confidence, and keeping your speed.

BTW, when you have to kill him, just try using the glide toss backward-nana down and F-smash, you had a lot of chances to do it, but you didn't... and you should have more confidence in monkey flip. I know wario stays a lot in the air, but there was sometimes when you had the chance to do the monkey flip, and U didn't.
And also, don't get desperate to kill Wario (I made that mistake sometimes), just keep playing with a high rhythm and eventually you'll get that hit.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have to disagree with monkey flip, I've tried that because I used to think it was really good in this MU, but both Reflex and Micaelis try to bait me into using it a lot and I get punished for using it.

Tacket

The Innovator
I've recently come to the conclusion that setting up plans for specific characters before you play them will always fail.
Be unpredictable. They'll be so shocked that they'll black out. Easy win every time.

:phone:

vato_break

Smash Master
monkey flip is is only bad if you get predictable. use it in situations where wario wont expect it because if it's read you can get wafted. i think bair and uptilt are under rated moves in that MU, i was doing well vs fiction at WGF when i used those move a lot.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Wario can punish most of the time just by the way they wario naturally plays, they don't have to predict it a lot of the times. It's not that good of a move against him, but it's still useful

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I have troubles with monkey flipping off-stage towards the stage predictability in general. I take it that I shouldn't flip when even with the stage edge and wait to drop down further before flipping?

vato_break

Smash Master
i think its pretty good if you are walling them out with bairs and they start approaching with sheilding, though regular grabs can replace MF. i think MF works better if they are at a range where they can reacted to dash/SG though.

Player-1

Smash Legend
they don't need to shield it, they can weave in an out of our CQC zone and punish our bad aerial mobility if we try spamming aerials.

tibs7

Smash Champion
side b kick is great.
fair is good after a banana toss at them since they normally jump aerial after you hit their shield.
needed more pivot grab p1. you were the better player.

Player-1

Smash Legend
pivot grab is something I've been meaning to use more in general, but mostly against aerial characters like wario with little range it should help even more.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy can camp wario pretty well and take advantage the fact that he has little range, he also has a hard time killing diddy aside from the fart, it's the fart that swings this into a 55:45 MU rather than 50:50 IMO.

tibs7

Smash Champion
he moves are safe on shield.
he kills easily
he doesnt die

pretty much why he has the adv.

vato_break

Smash Master
Do you guys think MU ratios would change if the infinite is considered when doing MU's if they weren't already? Like for example, snake has the advantage but what if you throw the infinite as a variable in the MU. and it can semi-reliable(punishing his dash attack with banana infinite, or landings). what do you guys think? or are infinites already taken into consideration when doing MU ratios?

Player-1

Smash Legend
the infinites wouldn't be considered in MU ratios until people actually start doing it. It'll probably affect some MUs a bit, but not by too much or if it at all. It's helpful if you get it and stuff, but it's still hard to set up.

vato_break

Smash Master
I think we overly focused it on the metaknight MU(well i think so at least). I think there's other MUs that it should be exploited in, even if it's not completely necessary.

Player-1

Smash Legend
GaW, Sonic, Space animals, and ZSS are the easiest to get it on IMO. Snake is kind of hard because of grenade pulls and his large grab range. His shield is also kind of awkward and makes it difficult to try the banana lock by dthrowing it on him where we can get punished with a grab or tilt.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I can upload my match against tyrant where I got it off or at least just the part where I got it off...but I didn't want to disrespect him cuz he had drunk johns lolz.

basically, he just nadod my shield and he tried going back a bit to bait me to drop my shield and then come back in, but I didn't fall for the bait and I just forward glidetossed down to start the infinite.

vato_break

Smash Master
i think we should look into it or try it more against characters that are non mk, especially since other characters metagames are growing and will start to figure out diddy more and more over time. Even if the metagame grows, diddy will still have this broken tactic, so if its mastered on the majority of characters, diddy will be unstoppable =)

Player-1

Smash Legend
MK is one of the hardest characters to get it on if they're playing safe. Space animals are IMO the absolute easiest to get it on.

A good setup is if you have 2 bananas and you throw one and it hits, know that most people try to do a normal get up since it's the fastest option so just grab the other one and run up and SH throw the banana down recatch it and then you have to BUFFER pivot dthrow and it's an easy infinite after that. The next best set up is just forward glidetoss down throw and start the infinite that way.

vato_break

Smash Master
actually they can, lmao. Peanut lock to infinite imo. i have a lot of chances to infinite marth, DDD, and even olimar sometimes but idk how to do the infinite.. im really bad at being technical :/

Player-1

Smash Legend
peanuts can't infinite by themselves though. DDD you have to do the footstool infinite, not the traditional one. Marth is good if you can get them out of a whiffed up-b, but mainly on stages like sv or fd (Which we never get to play on) since the others they usually just land on the platform unless they just go for the mixup.

tibs7

Smash Champion
p1, i thought snakes grab range was the same???
his boosted grab is better and pivot grab. but i think other grab is the same

Player-1

Smash Legend
uhhh...maybe...I've always been under the impression that it's pretty big and even if it is the same as ours, ours is above average grab range too I'm pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom