• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vato_break

Smash Master
jebus has beaten rich, larry, and tearbear. who have you beaten disqo? even my diddy is better than yours and i've mained him like a quarter of the time you have ^.^

Vega4

Smash Ace
Ohh come on... Stop it, I'm from Colombia and I'm better than both of you :reverse:
Come to our National in Barranquilla (july 2012), and you'll have several mm. Any Diddy main interested send a pm to me, you'll have guaranted housing, food and transportation once you are here.
In this National we are having players from Venezuela (including their national champion), and probably people from Ecuador and Costa Rica.
Zero fron Chile (the one that got 17th or something like that in Apex 2012) is also considering coming to our National.
So, this tournament if going to have some of the best players of latin america, if you can come, don't miss the chance.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
jebus has beaten rich, larry, and tearbear. who have you beaten disqo? even my diddy is better than yours and i've mained him like a quarter of the time you have ^.^
Were these tourney?
And lol at your diddy being better.
Lol at all of you! LAWL I tell ya!

:phone:

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Yes, jebus has beaten the person that freenes has been 2-0'd by like 19 times already (talkin' 'bout Larry) :I

And he actually beat RB's oli, not sure if he beat tb's MK or if he decided to be a fgt and went ROB or some other character first/second[/third] game I:

jebus dribble da bess maynes :pichu:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Yes, it's around there. The matchup definitely isn't even.
EDIT: Inb4joindaterants
That's way too much. It's only like +1 for us. Marth can **** us off stage and can juggle us to no end. Playing smart and with lots of bananas is the only thing that keeps the match in our favor at all.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
marth and diddy is pretty close (slightly our favor). but VERY annoying. doesn't feel like an even fight but it is

tibs7

Smash Champion
^ then its not 50/50 if someone has to work harder than the other.

55/45 us i think. but we can get gimped easier.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
You can get gimped easier, but Diddy's stage control is better than Marth's.
EDIT: Was leaning towards 60:40 or so. I said the matchup isn't even, because it isn't at the moment.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What happens if the Diddy works equally as hard to compensate?

Matchups should be considered with characters being played at the same level.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well "working hard" is kind of a strange concept when discussing a matchup. A matchup should just assume the characters are being played at top level and not worry about how hard the players are "working". I don't understand when people say that.

Player-1

Smash Legend
all we have to do is camp him and box him out with fairs, he has to work really hard to get in, but once he gets in he can do some real damage. Marth also has one of the best banana games in the game. If the Marth knows the MU and plays really smart then the MU is even, even if we're playing equally as smart, it's just he still has to work more.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
play diddy vs snake, you'll definitely understand the concept of working harder :laugh:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright I see the point. It seems like more of a player thing for during the match though, and less something that effects the matchup. If it's true that if Marth plays at max potential while Diddy also plays how Diddy should in the matchup then it's even: It should be even.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i should have beat adhd but i sd'd game 3

/salt

didnt get to mm gnes because he was too busy being in bracket and there was no setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom