• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vato_break

Smash Master
when i play region's ranked marth i always have a chance at doing it but idk how to do it sadly i really need to learn. is there a video or a thread on infinites? i havent been around too long so idk how to do them exactly.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i should be going to BBC depending on when it is/If i can get rides from the megabus station if no one drives

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I placed 1/37 at Phoenix Saga, a Michigan Local. ^_^

Phoenix Saga: Part II

Lost to Tutu, but he was knocked out by an :olimar: main and Mikey Lenetia so I didn't play him again. The matches will be uploaded soon, but until then, does anyone have any advice on the :sheik: mu?

tibs7

Smash Champion
snake is best char in the game.
diddy gets ***** so hard. no aerial mobility makes it so hard to get back down safely.
bananas on shield blow up nades so you get hit if you pretty much hit his shield. so dumb. such a terrible mu for us

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Did you say diddy has a hard time getting down? That's snakes biggest downfall he gets in the air he gets *****.
If you know the nana on shields going to explode why are you close enough to get hit?
Hit him off stage and he's screwed cyphers a free spike both dair and up b and don't forget the diddy hump jump when he's way out there

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
snake is best char in the game.
diddy gets ***** so hard. no aerial mobility makes it so hard to get back down safely.
bananas on shield blow up nades so you get hit if you pretty much hit his shield. so dumb. such a terrible mu for us
that frustration

its ok. let you anger go. let it eat you alive and turn you to darkness

tibs7

Smash Champion
haha gdx i like it
drdn: snake doesnt have to much of issue getting down. he gets down and then its hard to set up again, thats whats hard. but as soon as we make that mistake by hitting his shield with anything we go in the air and he sets up.
snakes dash covers landing and banana toss into him sooooo very well.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
haha gdx i like it
drdn: snake doesnt have to much of issue getting down. he gets down and then its hard to set up again, thats whats hard. but as soon as we make that mistake by hitting his shield with anything we go in the air and he sets up.
snakes dash covers landing and banana toss into him sooooo very well.
I agree with DRDN, :snake: biggest downfall is that when he's in the air or off stage he gets screwed pretty badly. What gives :snake: an advantage in the matchup is the fact that he lives forever and can kill us really early. We can b-reversal popguns and monkey flip kick to mix up our landings, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem to land. This isn't a matchup that can be won by camping either. The first to exploit the weaknesses of your opponent (usually by good reads) usually wins in this matchup. Neither side does terrible, it can be debated even or slightly in either's favor. I personally think its slightly in :snake: favor (45-55) due to the fact that he kills so early.

:phone:

tibs7

Smash Champion
Came 2nd again! Omg :(

Lost to wario in winners and gf's :(
Frigate killed my mind set completely :( sad times. Vids will be up in a few days for some nice critique :)

:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Man, Lie is soo bad - why do you guys think he's good?
I beat him in a $20 money match with my Marth.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I can upload my match against tyrant where I got it off or at least just the part where I got it off...but I didn't want to disrespect him cuz he had drunk johns lolz.

basically, he just nadod my shield and he tried going back a bit to bait me to drop my shield and then come back in, but I didn't fall for the bait and I just forward glidetossed down to start the infinite.
XD Tyrant's the first real player I infinited too :O

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Wow you're :diddy: is pretty quick, I was really impressed. When you got pressured away from your bananas, you seem to roll a lot. :diddy: roll is quick, but you get punished really easily out of it, so try to veer away from that. I was loving the :toonlink: item control though lol. There's no real set way on how to use bananas, but a good way to think about them is as traps rather than projectiles. In the :olimar: MU, for example, your main goal should be to pressure his shield. :olimar: does falters in this aspect. If you get a trip, follow up, but you ran in a bit too much and got punished for it, so take care in how you approach some characters. Also, (my apologies if you already know this) you can keep pikmin off and retain a banana if you short hop --> zdrop --> nair.

You're really good with :diddy:, if I were you I'd just practice the MU's; you pretty much have the tech skill.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Work on more clever recoveries. You got punished a lot because you only recovered using Monkey Flip, got really predictable after a while. Don't sweat it, at least you get to see the errors you're making so that you can stop them from happening again. That match on Frigate is the exact reason why people CP us there to begin with. We get messed up in all sorts of ways on that stage. Whenever you hear the stage starting to flip, remember to be in the air. Also, if you meet the :olimar: player again, please tell him to start holding up when he's hit by people. No way he should've died at like 60% each stock.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Here's vids from tournament like 2 or 3 weeks ago:

Me Vs 4God: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcHg...UCGXQYbcTJ33YhSMquDgYME2J7uXvpWkKJ5ZhGRqkiH7k

Me Vs Micaelis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGgL...UCGXQYbcTJ33YhSMquDgYME2J7uXvpWkKJ5ZhGRqkiH7k

I have a set vs kismet coming too I think, it went to game 5, but it was pretty much the two of us SDing and gimping each other the whole entire set.

Here's a vid of me 4god at the past tournament last weekend. He won, but idk I didn't feel like I was playing the MU how I usually do, I was playing way to unsafe and just got grabbed and took like 50 damage (like for example, end of game 1. I had percent lead with 20 seconds left on the clock and I tried to approach....like wtf was I thinking?) and stuff where as if you watch any vids from me vs 4god (like the one above ^^^) I'm playing more careful I was also messing just small technical things up like usmashing instead of utilting or doing a standing grab instead of a turn around grab, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC14Kw8Rt9g&feature=g-playlist&list=PLABD75782C0C6039B

Game 2 wasn't saved there, but I won you can find it here though (12:15): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20542349

edit: oh yeah, game 3 of me vs micaelis is on RC if anyone is interested in that.

MJG

Smash Hero
Wow you're :diddy: is pretty quick, I was really impressed. When you got pressured away from your bananas, you seem to roll a lot. :diddy: roll is quick, but you get punished really easily out of it, so try to veer away from that. I was loving the :toonlink: item control though lol. There's no real set way on how to use bananas, but a good way to think about them is as traps rather than projectiles. In the :olimar: MU, for example, your main goal should be to pressure his shield. :olimar: does falters in this aspect. If you get a trip, follow up, but you ran in a bit too much and got punished for it, so take care in how you approach some characters. Also, (my apologies if you already know this) you can keep pikmin off and retain a banana if you short hop --> zdrop --> nair.

You're really good with :diddy:, if I were you I'd just practice the MU's; you pretty much have the tech skill.

Wow someone actually responded ?!?! Haha. Thanks. I will keep all of that in mind (and yes, I actually was aware of that string of moves to get pikmin off). All the other stuff was really good advice since I don't see most of the bad things that I am doing when watching my own videos, so I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom